Nintendo DS sold out everywhere.......

buster90

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I called 5 different Wal-marts and 4 of them were sold out. They said they had a long line waiting for systems. Many people got turned down.

The last Wal-mart said they had several left I get there and the whole electronics department is roped off. I ask about DS she says you can't buy one now come back at 6AM. Whatever...lousy Wal-mart employees.

I called one Best BUy selling them at Midnight sold out they said people stated to line up at 10PM.

I called all GameRush's in the area all were sold out for preorders.

Circuit City was sold out as well.

Looks like Nintendo is pulling a PS2 this year. Very short supply huge demand.

I might go not and camp in front of Target. Gotta use my tent for something!

i put 4 on layaway and bought myself one. i pick up the one i pre-bought tomorrow from EBgames. I show no remorse because there are no CAG's in my town ;)

i went to best buy today to try it out and i wasnt really impressed with prime...dunno the screen looked easily scratchable and the backlight seemed low

[quote name='guyver2077']i went to best buy today to try it out and i wasnt really impressed with prime...dunno the screen looked easily scratchable and the backlight seemed low[/quote]

I've heard alot of people talk about scratching the screen. I kinda want one but I'm definitly waiting til someone can actually tell us how durable it is.

[quote name='greendc27'][quote name='guyver2077']i went to best buy today to try it out and i wasnt really impressed with prime...dunno the screen looked easily scratchable and the backlight seemed low[/quote]

I've heard alot of people talk about scratching the screen. I kinda want one but I'm definitly waiting til someone can actually tell us how durable it is.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure they make screen protectors for the touch screens, I know I plan on getting some when I eventually get around to grabbing a DS

For any Vegas CAGers the WalMart at Cheyenne and Rainbow still had 8 left when I left, only four people were in line for it including myself. They also have games for it like Urbz, Madden, and Mario which you can also buy.

Just heads up for any locals who might be looking to do some late-night DS hunting :)

[quote name='CD']For any Vegas CAGers the WalMart at Cheyenne and Rainbow still had 8 left when I left, only four people were in line for it including myself. They also have games for it like Urbz, Madden, and Mario which you can also buy.

Just heads up for any locals who might be looking to do some late-night DS hunting :)[/quote]

Thanks for the info. :D

Geez i didn't realize demand for the thing was so high...oh wells i'm gonna have to sit this one out. Good luck to all that are searching.

Stocked up for the holiday season.=)

Christmas presents completely taken care of. =D

Late night walmart managers rock. At first the cashier was like, um, you can only buy one, direct from Nintendo.

But then, he said lemme see if my mananger can approve it. Called him, and I was outa there in a total time of about 5-10 minutes. =)

LOL Ebay is flooded with DS now its like all the pre-orders in the country instantly went onto ebay and LOL they are selling for under 200$ now. I personally think it is kindal lame people preordered like 50 of them just so they could put them on Ebay. Ahhhhhh...... in 3 more hours I go to work and get mine.

What's so stupid about people buying on ebay is that they obviously know how to use the internet. So why not google the actual price or order from Amazon, TRU or whatever.

I seriously don't understand why everyone wants one at launch.. its no big deal.. Mario DS.. whooptedoo.. I'm waiting for Animal Crossing and Viewtiful Joe DS..

Ah, backwards compatibility.. that's why, I bet.

I went to the DS Launch party in LA today got a chance to pick up a DS for myself even though I didn't reserve one. After playing with it a bit I gotta say its a pretty neat system. Something different, for sure. The games aren't really there for it though. Mario 64 is the obvious launch game, Feel the Magic is pretty cool too, but everything else looks lacking. The touch screen quality does kinda bother me too. I mean after awhile it's gotta wear down and if you do give this to a kid you're probably asking for trouble. However, after playing with it with both the stylus and the thumb strap it looks like it will last as long as you use those devices and don't do something stupid like use a pen instead of the stylus.

If you still want to pick up a DS and you live close to LA the Eb Games at Universal is packed with them.

[quote name='Scorch']I seriously don't understand why everyone wants one at launch.. its no big deal.. Mario DS.. whooptedoo.. I'm waiting for Animal Crossing and Viewtiful Joe DS..

Ah, backwards compatibility.. that's why, I bet.[/quote]

I can't tell if you serious or if you are joking. I do actually like the fact the I can play GBA games on it. There's also 3 launch games that I want.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='Scorch']I seriously don't understand why everyone wants one at launch.. its no big deal.. Mario DS.. whooptedoo.. I'm waiting for Animal Crossing and Viewtiful Joe DS..

I can't tell if you serious or if you are joking. I do actually like the fact the I can play GBA games on it. There's also 3 launch games that I want.[/quote]
Yeah, I agree with Trakan here... there are 3 launch games (well, one is "luanch window" fr me) that I was, and now I can consolidate my systems to play GBA games on it too.

[quote name='twanky']Geez i didn't realize demand for the thing was so high...oh wells i'm gonna have to sit this one out. Good luck to all that are searching.[/quote]

Kinda what I've been saying for a while now... most people were like 'I'll get one, never mind a reserve' and lookiw here, shut out...

I picked mine up at 4am at Wal Mart. There should be two left now. The employee said there were some people buying five systems at a time around midnight.

This was at the Wal Mart in Vegas at Nellis & Craig.

[quote name='Mr Peanut']I picked mine up at 4am at Wal Mart. There should be two left now. The employee said there were some people buying five systems at a time around midnight.

This was at the Wal Mart in Vegas at Nellis & Craig.[/quote]

I hate hoarders... Ebay is both a blessing and a curse, and in this instance, it seems the latter applies... what bothers me is the 'they let them' statement... they like everyone else should have or has placed a limit on the per person purchase on them... but then again, that won't stop them from leaving and coming right back, or sending someone they know in to make the purchase...

There isn't one launch game that has me excited. While I wouldn't mind having Mario 64, Im not going to shell out 150 plus 30-40 for the game itself just to play it. I will get the DS when it drops to 99 or less and has a library of games worth choosing from.

[quote name='TheRaven']There isn't one launch game that has me excited. While I wouldn't mind having Mario 64, Im not going to shell out 150 plus 30-40 for the game itself just to play it. I will get the DS when it drops to 99 or less and has a library of games worth choosing from.[/quote]

Same here. I'm going to wait for awhile before getting it, that way I have more games to choose from and maybe even new colors.

Fo CAGers in Overland Park (KS) area Target on 119 and Metcalf has about 40 left. You can also get a 10% discount at Target if you apply for credit card.

$145 Total with tax. :D

i just grabbed one from my TRU B&M. I was gonna wait a while, but i had $60 in store credit so i bit the bullet. I paid for the DS, got a $10 gift card (cuz i spent more than $75), then turned around and had them ring up Mario DS ($35-$10=$25) so i could go ahead and use the card. TRU's $35 price for that game is retarded, but at least i got to use my gift card to get it for the same price that i would have paid at BB with a GGC.

BTW, i live in atlanta, and all the local walmarts and targets are sold out. My local BB had a huge line (according to a friend who went), and they were selling out fast. Meanwhile, TRU had a shit-ton of them at around 11:30.

[quote name='twanky']Geez i didn't realize demand for the thing was so high...oh wells i'm gonna have to sit this one out. Good luck to all that are searching.[/quote]

Its not that high, supply is actually low...

this is the one time that living in a redneck town in indiana may work to my advantage. about time to go check out K-Mart and see what they have.

[quote name='StealthySeal']i put 4 on layaway and bought myself one. i pick up the one i pre-bought tomorrow from EBgames. I show no remorse because there are no CAG's in my town ;)[/quote]

Why does a person have to know the site to be a CAG? There are CAGs everywhere. Think about all the people who register here a month. Just a month ago would they not be CAGs? Sorry but i think that logic is just a bad excuse for being a horder. Horders suck and some CAGs arent looking out for other gamers when they buy up to sell above the price they paid to some poor idiots on ebay.

[quote name='asuitor']LOL Ebay is flooded with DS now its like all the pre-orders in the country instantly went onto ebay and LOL they are selling for under 200$ now. I personally think it is kindal lame people preordered like 50 of them just so they could put them on Ebay. Ahhhhhh...... in 3 more hours I go to work and get mine.[/quote]

The same thing happened with the PS2 launch. Half of the PS2 pre-orders must have been on eBay 3 days before launch. Some of them were going for over $1000 a piece. Once release day hit, they dropped like a rock b/c the auction market got flooded.

[quote name='Weedy649'][quote name='StealthySeal']i put 4 on layaway and bought myself one. i pick up the one i pre-bought tomorrow from EBgames. I show no remorse because there are no CAG's in my town ;)[/quote]

Why does a person have to know the site to be a CAG? There are CAGs everywhere. Think about all the people who register here a month. Just a month ago would they not be CAGs? Sorry but i think that logic is just a bad excuse for being a horder. Horders suck and some CAGs arent looking out for other gamers when they buy up to sell above the price they paid to some poor idiots on ebay.[/quote]

not all horder suck i ordered 5 of them and sold all 5 of them on ebay for 165 bucks (i had tons of store credit and wanted credit to turn to cash). I got 359 bucks at FYE that i hope to pick up another 2 systems this week and put them on ebay for around ???? (probally 165 wont know till tomorrow cause i dont know how much shipping will be)

ALso dont know if true but people at Ebgames are saying they are sold out till after xmas , so if you didnt preorder one you wont get one till Jan 2005 or later

[quote name='Querjek'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='Scorch']I seriously don't understand why everyone wants one at launch.. its no big deal.. Mario DS.. whooptedoo.. I'm waiting for Animal Crossing and Viewtiful Joe DS..

I can't tell if you serious or if you are joking. I do actually like the fact the I can play GBA games on it. There's also 3 launch games that I want.[/quote]
Yeah, I agree with Trakan here... there are 3 launch games (well, one is "luanch window" fr me) that I was, and now I can consolidate my systems to play GBA games on it too.[/quote]

WARNING: While you can play GBA games on it, you CAN'T play original Game Boy or GBC games on it.

For anyone that still needs one go to www.circuitcity.com. They have a bundle of the DS and Mario for 179. I'm really tempted to pick it up but I'm thinking I'll wait until the next wave of games are released.

If anyone lives in the NY area, CIRCUIT CITY in the Cross County mall has a lot in stock, I would say around 35. I went to buy me some DVD this morning and I just wanted to try it out. They had so many on the shelves I bought one : D even without preordering!

The tallahassee Bestbuy had around 40 around 1:30 P.M. Game wise, not too many left. I used my 5 dollar coupon and got Mario DS for 24.99. I'm really not sure if I should open it now or not. I don't know if I should check ebay for the selling price. Lastly, the PSP complicates things for me. Don't know which will be better...

The Bestbuy near Glendale,CA (Atwater for those who care), had a lot, but the line was still growing when I managed to leave with mine (4th in line.)

i hate gamecrazy. If i didnt get there at 11am they would of sold the 2 i had pre orderd. THey never even went by the books they just sold them to whoever came in.

[quote name='levi333']My Gamecrazy had 3 left, that werent pre-ordered. Target was out, and so was TRU.
This is in Albany, Oregon.[/quote]

I was at that Target this morning waiting in a small line to get in. They had plenty when the store opened. I bought two, then split because TRU wasn't open yet.

Sears right next to Target might have some, but for some strange reason I couldn't buy any at the Sears in Salem (the cashier said the computer was not letting him sell the item for some reason, and he showed me the error message). Maybe it was just that particular Sears.

The Fred Meyer's I visited had under 20 available at opening, and they had a 1 per customer limit so there might still be some left. Best Buy in Salem had a lot but they were also VERY busy when I was there with DS sales. Circuit City in Salem, on the other hand, was not as busy.

[quote name='organicow']i just grabbed one from my TRU B&M. I was gonna wait a while, but i had $60 in store credit so i bit the bullet. I paid for the DS, got a $10 gift card (cuz i spent more than $75), then turned around and had them ring up Mario DS ($35-$10=$25) so i could go ahead and use the card. TRU's $35 price for that game is retarded, but at least i got to use my gift card to get it for the same price that i would have paid at BB with a GGC.

BTW, i live in atlanta, and all the local walmarts and targets are sold out. My local BB had a huge line (according to a friend who went), and they were selling out fast. Meanwhile, TRU had a shit-ton of them at around 11:30.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure TRU pricematches, and Mario is in BB's ad, so if you find yourself near TRU again, you can probably get $5 back.

bread's done
Back