Nintendo DSi $129 - Dell

[quote name='wasurenai']Going to drop in price after the bloated XL comes out. The DSi's battery life is atrocious.[/QUOTE]

Yes, 14 hours on the lowest brightness is forcing everyone to plug their DSi units nightly.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Yes, 14 hours on the lowest brightness is forcing everyone to plug their DSi units nightly.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, sometimes the charge only lasts for like 12 hours too. It's absolutely intolerable.

I've had mine for months and it always lasts that long. Now if you leave WiFi on all the time then of course it won't last that long.

On the lowest brightness setting, perhaps. I usually have my DS Lite on the second-highest brightness setting, as I tend to play in areas where the extra illumination is helpful. The dropoff from the DS Lite to the DSi is upwards of 5 hours in this case - thus, atrocious.

[quote name='wasurenai']On the lowest brightness setting, perhaps. I usually have my DS Lite on the second-highest brightness setting, as I tend to play in areas where the extra illumination is helpful. The dropoff from the DS Lite to the DSi is upwards of 5 hours in this case - thus, atrocious.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly the reason why I sold my DSi and am getting a DS lite. The battery life is so much better and it plays GBA titles.

Oh I am not denying that the DS Lite has better battery life, as I was able to get 18-20 hours on it. I was just saying that I do not agree with people complaining about the low battery life. My psp does not even last half as long as the DSi does, and I have that on the lowest brightness setting and do not have WiFi on either.

Thanks OP! Just ordered one; bad battery life and all. My DS lite finally kicked the bucket, so this is the perfect deal!

[quote name='Ryukahn']My psp does not even last half as long as the DSi does, and I have that on the lowest brightness setting and do not have WiFi on either.[/QUOTE]

This.

Damn this. I was in for a DS in January. Now that I spent my money a deal pops in. Also not too crazy about white...

[quote name='robpe36']does anyone who owns one think a DSi is worth it at this price if you already have a DS lite?[/QUOTE]

I'm of the opinion that regardless of price, if you have a DS Lite you don't need a DSI. I have both, and the upgrades the DSi offers are simply not worth it.

[quote name='dragonjud']I'm of the opinion that regardless of price, if you have a DS Lite you don't need a DSI. I have both, and the upgrades the DSi offers are simply not worth it.[/QUOTE]

This was all I needed to pass on this. My wallet thanks you.

[quote name='dragonjud']I'm of the opinion that regardless of price, if you have a DS Lite you don't need a DSI. I have both, and the upgrades the DSi offers are simply not worth it.[/QUOTE]A matter of opinion. I was more after the DSiWare exclusive than any of the additional functionality when I got a DSi. Now it's paying off with Flipnote Studio and some solid DSiWare releases like Mighty Flip Champs and Dark Void Zero. Plus, I'm surprised that the audio quality is significantly clearer on the DSi compared to the Lite.

For the same price as a Lite, you shouldn't hesitate getting a DSi over the lower model.

[quote name='GUNNM']did you find a deal on the just the DS?[/QUOTE]

Have been looking for deals on the DS Lite, so no on both.

[quote name='sfried']A matter of opinion. I was more after the DSiWare exclusive than any of the additional functionality when I got a DSi. Now it's paying off with Flipnote Studio and some solid DSiWare releases like Mighty Flip Champs and Dark Void Zero. Plus, I'm surprised that the audio quality is significantly clearer on the DSi compared to the Lite.

For the same price as a Lite, you shouldn't hesitate getting a DSi over the lower model.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you may find 2-3 good games on the DsiWare store, but the rest are junk titles based on regular DS games (stripped versions of the real thing).
And I think it's a stretch to call Flipnote Studio a reason to own a DSi. Yes, it's nice, but it's not a real game after all.

The extra weight of the Dsi, and reduced battery life are reason enough not to bother for those that already have a DSLite. If they're in the same price range, then sure maybe you should go for the DSi, if at all interested.
However, ToysRus is giving away a $20.00 giftcard, and some free accessories (stylus, and case) this week with a DSLite purchase.
So, I'd still go with that, and not this Dsi offer.

Yeah I am really just looking for the DS Lite (2 of them in fact) :) Fingers crossed a deal shows up on those!!!

[quote name='dragonjud']However, ToysRus is giving away a $20.00 giftcard, and some free accessories (stylus, and case) this week with a DSLite purchase.
So, I'd still go with that, and not this Dsi offer.[/QUOTE]

Oh? I saw on the website is the Pokemon set, but not the GC offer. Thanks for the heads up.

Well, with tax, you'd only be gaining a net $5 (in GC form) over Amazon anyway. Hmmmm, might have to hold out longer.

I'm sure there's going to be a lot of good deals on the i as the xl rolls out. For me, it's just not worth buying the older hardware when I already have a lite. Better to wait a bit longer until some xl deals start coming out and snag one of those even if it'll cost more than the i.

[quote name='thebert']Thanks OP! Just ordered one; bad battery life and all. My DS lite finally kicked the bucket, so this is the perfect deal![/QUOTE]

So, I ordered it yesterday, and selected the free 7 day shipping...

The box was at my door TODAY (one day later). Someone at Dell made a really nice mistake!!!!:bouncy:

[quote name='thebert']So, I ordered it yesterday, and selected the free 7 day shipping...

The box was at my door TODAY (one day later). Someone at Dell made a really nice mistake!!!!:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

congrats dude :D

Sweet! Thank You! I still have my original DS, so I was waiting for a decent deal since I used one of these at the state fair. Plus 129 + free shipping + 5% Bing made up for CA sales tax (I buy almost everything from Amazon because almost 10% tax where I live is BS)

Why does anyone want a DSi XL? The games already seem a bit pixelated on the screen of the DSi, 93% bigger is just going to make games worse! Plus it looks just as bulky as the original DS.

[quote name='stevo1002']Why does anyone want a DSi XL? The games already seem a bit pixelated on the screen of the DSi, 93% bigger is just going to make games worse! Plus it looks just as bulky as the original DS.[/QUOTE]

This!
To me the whole thing is a step or two or three backwards.
It's a hand held device? Then why keep making it bigger, and bigger?

If it's meant for grandma, then cool, but otherwise, I don't get the point.

Haha, oh man. I decided to finally jump on this deal after much debate and ordered at 1am PDT. Then, a few hours later, the new 3DS is announced. I wait on hold with Dell for almost 30 mins. to try to cancel my order this morning, but it’s already shipped out. Just my luck!

Nintendo.co.jp already announced plans for a Nintendo 3DS that works in 3D without wearing glasses. Saw it on the Facebook video games app...had a direct link to a pdf from nintendo.co.jp, and it's not April 1 yet, so I think it's legit.

The release said it comes out before March of 2011, so I'll wait for that before upgrading my DS Lite.

(Pretty stupid for Nintendo to do this so close to the XL release...shoulda waited another few months.)

bread's done
Back