Nintendo DSi and DSi XL Out Now. "3DS" Showing at E3

Hi guys. I have had a black DS Lite since about the time Lite's launched. Honestly, I don't really like playing on handhelds. However, I REALLY like the 2d games that you can pretty much only find on handhelds. In the days of the GBA I played all the games on the TV using an actual controller along with the Gamecube Gameboy player attachment. (or whatever it is called.) Obviously, the DS's two screens make such a solution impractical which is why I broke down and bought the Lite.

I'm now considering getting a DSi XL because a) I don't care at all about portability and b) the larger screens and larger touch screen make this seem like a much more usable device.

For those of you up thread who were looking forward to the larger touchscreen making playing games like phantom hourglass more comfortable how did that go? Did it make a difference?

Also, how do the D-Pad and the button layout compare to the Lite? Is the D-pad any larger (closer to maybe the old NES controllers) or is it still tiny? How are the buttons? Are the they a little better spaced and not so crowded together as on the Lite?

Thanks.

i hope something is told about a price drop.. i broke one of my hinges on my ds and love to replace it but will wait another week for a price drop to see if its told

Heard rumors IF there is a price drop

DSI XL 20 buck price drop down to 169.99
DSI drop to 149.99 (maybe 129.99)

DS lite down to 99 to clear them out

I am so excited about tomorrow.

I'm excited because I love new tech.

But then again I hate spending money, and I've got so many DS games as it is to finish that this'll be adding a whole 'nother generation of backlog for me.

I still have a number of DS games I need to get before they magically disappear off the market, so definitely gotta do that. :p

I want a 3DS though, I never miss a Nintendo launch and this time, my girlfriend will be dragged along for the ride (if I have to go to midnight premiers of Twilight, she sure as hell coming to a Nintendo nerdfest lol!) :D

[quote name='M-PG71C']
I want a 3DS though, I never miss a Nintendo launch and this time, my girlfriend will be dragged along for the ride (if I have to go to midnight premiers of Twilight, she sure as hell coming to a Nintendo nerdfest lol!) :D[/QUOTE]

Seconded! Took the words out of my mouth. I'm excited about the 3DS, Nintendo gets it right with the handhelds.

bread's done
Back