Nintendo E3 2015 Predictions Thread!

Since I just grabbed the link to show a friend, here's a pic I took at E3 2005. I was walking through Sony's area on the way to the Nintendo section... Guess who happened to be doing the same?

ShigeruMiyamoto.jpg

Nintendo's showing definitely left a lot to be desired. With that being said, I was very impressed with how Mario Maker is shaping up and it's easily one of most anticipated games of the Fall right now. Aside from that, Xenoblade,  and some cool trailers for games that aren't coming out for sometime; the Nintendo Digital Event was lackluster. 

Like everyone else the new Metroid Prime is not what I want, but I will give it a chance when it releases. I just really hope the series returns to it's former glory soon. As someone who loves the series enough to get an 8-bit Metroid tattooed on them, I really want to see Samus make an epic return to form similar to when Metroid Prime released alongside Metroid Fusion and revitalized the series. Ever sense then it's been in a steep decline with Prime 3 being the last true game worth playing (I didn't care much for Prime 3 either because motion controls) Other-M was severe let-down.

Apparently, the Treehouse has once again been the star of the floor. Reggie being Reggie, Miyamoto pausing his game to eat a giant hot dog, etc.

Not sure if everyone heard or not, but it's been confirmed that there is no Metroid in development for Wii U, its not going to happen. They even said if they were to start on it now it would be developed for NX.

One thing I wish Nintendo did was promote some of their upcoming lower-key releases like Lord of Magna, Rodea the Sky Warrior, Project X Zone 2, and all the upcoming Atlus games.

That was disappointing even if I went in with no expectations and didn't really care much about what was/wasn't announced. 

The amiibo/Skylanders crossover is probably the point where amiibo have officially gone too crazy. I know Nintendo's a toy company historically but ouch. I've avoided Skylanders so far and I'm going to keep it that way. 

I hated Metroid Other M, mostly because the controls were wonky to me. I would love to have MP4 but I'm not heartbroken if it's a couple years away. Yoshi's Woolly World looks to be the cuteness overload that Kirby's Epic Yarn was (though possibly not as overloaded in cuteness because we have Kirby's Epic Yarn). The rest honestly was just meh. I'm always terrible at games that want you to create stuff and Super Mario Maker seems like a bad idea but I'm a sucker so I'll probably get it because the box art looks nice and I'll still figure out how to have fun in the game somehow.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back