Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
PowerA 3DS carrying and cartridge cases for $1 at Dollar Tree

IMG-0573.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I took a look on amazon and found the cartridge cases. Reviews say that cartridges don't actually fit in this unit.

https://www.amazon.com/Official-Nintendo-3DS-Game-Stroage-Case/dp/B01L449JIO/
I've read of other cartridge cases with the same complaint (including modern Switch cartridge versions). For $1, worth trying to see how they fit. My store didn't have any today though.

I still use the free ones from Club Nintendo. Ah, the good ol' days of Club Nintendo...

Might have to grab Zombies Ate My Neighbors/ Ghoul Patrol this Tuesday. $14.99 is way more palatable than the $34.99 Limited Run wanted for a physical copy. Granted I have set ups that can probably run roms of both games fairly well. Hmm, hopefully the save enhancements and bonus videos make it worth the asking price.

I need to use one of those birthday Best Buy discounts one one item. Which would be the better preorder? Metroid Dread or Shin Megami Tensei V? Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for any replies.

SMT V but really they're different genres. 2D Metroid game vs likely hard RPG. I've been waiting for SMT V for so long I'm buying it on release, but I'll buy both eventually.

I need to use one of those birthday Best Buy discounts one one item. Which would be the better preorder? Metroid Dread or Shin Megami Tensei V? Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for any replies.
Metroid Dread should be at Walmart stores... so it'll be $50 at release there. SMT V, I'm not buying, but if I were I'd use the coupon towards that... assuming it's for more than what the walmart discount is... that is if wamart is even getting SMT V.

Need to spend my gold coins before they expire. Any ACA NeoGeo, Sega ages or Arcade Archive games to suggest?
Phantasy Star if you are into old school RPGs at all, the additions to the Sega Ages version make it a lot more playable(mainly the maps for the first person dungeons, but also an optional Ages mode which decreases the encounter rate and increases exp gain so less or no grinding is required)

Sega Ages Virtua Racing is by far the best version of that game, so if that would interest you it's definitely worth the pick up.

Outrun, Shinobi, Lightening Force, and Space Harrier are also solid but aren't exceptionally better than past versions released such as 3D Outrun and Space Harrier on 3DS, or Shinobi on the PS3/360 collection.

Herzog Zwei is one that I plan to purchase but haven't gotten around to it yet. I played the Genesis version on the mini a bit and it seemed fun but I had no idea wtf I was doing and the Ages version includes tutorials.

The only Arcade Archives and ACA games I've played are vs Super Mario Bros. and Sengoku 3. vs Super Mario Bros is like a mix of the first game and Japanese SMB2 aka Lost Levels. I bought it before the NES/SNES stuff, not sure if I would have otherwise. Sengoku 3 is a real solid brawler and it seemed like a great port to me.

Played more Mario Golf last night... some of the side training / mini games in the third area in Adventure are hard as hell.   I wonder if a lot of reviewers just followed the main arrow and progressed without ever doing the side training content?  There's no way I'm finishing this mode off completely in 8 hours unless I start skipping the side stuff (which also helps you level up and provides some extra gold to spend in the store on new clubs and stuff).

Played more Mario Golf last night... some of the side training / mini games in the third area in Adventure are hard as hell. I wonder if a lot of reviewers just followed the main arrow and progressed without ever doing the side training content? There's no way I'm finishing this mode off completely in 8 hours unless I start skipping the side stuff (which also helps you level up and provides some extra gold to spend in the store on new clubs and stuff).
Just beat that section as well and I agree those practice challenges were hard. To this point I've probably played about 3-4 hours so yeah 5 hours total seems a little low, but like you said reviewers probably just did all the main line stuff and got through it quickly.

It's a free because it's free-to-play (freemium) with iap... I made myself a promise not to get into any more free to play games. I started playing Asphalt 9 after Frisky started an ingame CAG club for it... ended up playing that more than a year before breaking free (and no I didn't throw a bunch of money at it, but it ate time every day). I doubt this is that bad... but naw.

It's a free because it's free-to-play (freemium) with iap... I made myself a promise not to get into any more free to play games. I started playing Asphalt 9 after Frisky started an ingame CAG club for it... ended up playing that more than a year before breaking free (and no I didn't throw a bunch of money at it, but it ate time every day). I doubt this is that bad... but naw.
Oh I didn't know that.

Oh I didn't know that.
I recently went through and looked at everything free on the switch eshop and this was listed among the games before release. So when you posted it... it looked familiar and i double checked to be sure and yeah... free-to-play. It might be worth playing based on the developer alone... but I am trying to avoid freemium games. No harm though.

Side note, for Nintendo Switch Online... Fuser has a game trial right now. I gave that a download and while it's pretty good, it didn't click with me as something I would play so... deleted it and the save it created.

I do love picross.

Related, can anyone speak to the quality of these two Picross-RPG mash ups that are currently on sale as the Indie Gems Monograms edition bundle for the lowest price ever?

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/indie-gems-bundle-nonograms-edition

Seems you get Piczle Cross Adventure and PictoQuest for $10.
I own both but have only played PictoQuest so far. It's fine. I was expecting more rpg elements, but really the levels are just placed on a very linear world map, and there are harder levels here and there that are "boss fights," and that's about it. You are apparently fighting monsters in each puzzle and they have health bars and whatnot, but all that really just acts as a level timer. They attack you if you mistakes, but the game is pretty easy compared to other picross games so it doesn't add much to the experience. I don't even remember if there was a story. If there was, it was so uninteresting that I completely forgot about it. But the actual picross gameplay is solid. I liked how short it was- you're not looking at like 100s of puzzles to solve like in other picross games. Though that can be a negative for a lot of people.

I clicked onto the Mythic Ocean page and, for me, it's showing 50% off ($7.49). It releases tomorrow and it's supposed to have a 20% discount ($11.99). This is probably because I have other games by the publisher from back when they gave away a bunch of free/cheap games last year. edit: ok, yeah at the bottom of the page it says this
50% off if you have downloaded the following Nintendo Switch™ game from Nintendo eShop:
- Lydia
- EQQO
- Soul Searching
- Infini
- Journey of the Broken Circle
- Cosmic Top Secret

There is a demo available. It looks like an underwater choose-your-adventure type game where you can also swim around and scan and collect items. It's about 5 hours long with multiple endings, so it has replayability but it might go real cheap in the future like their other titles. It's also supposed to come out on Xbox and PS too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TArVxfq68Zs

I do love picross.

Related, can anyone speak to the quality of these two Picross-RPG mash ups that are currently on sale as the Indie Gems Monograms edition bundle for the lowest price ever?

Piczle Cross Adventure is really good and a lot of puzzles in it. It has the options that you'd expect from Jupiter games to make it harder if you want that, though they put puzzles in the environments and it can be hard to find the puzzles you can do since some are gated behind levels.

PictoQuest is super easy for Picross vets and has no actual RPG mechanics in it. You can just get items and face enemies on some puzzles that aren't really a threat unless you're very slow with the puzzles. No options for making it easier or harder.

I do love picross.

I grabbed PictoQuest when it was free or a dollar or something on mobile. It’s one of the better nonogram games I’ve played, though the puzzles never get too hard and they’re really hard to make out before the game adds color when they’re completed. It’s really not an RPG hybrid, there’s no leveling or anything, you just get gold and can buy or earn single use spells to affect the enemies that are attacking you while you try to solve most of the puzzles, or potions to heal. The system is pretty tacked on, but it works well enough, and if you don’t like it there’s an option to turn enemies off, if I’m remembering correctly.

I know posting deal here is a bit passée but

GameStop has Mario Odyssey and Fire Emblem: Three Houses for $35 each new for physical and digital. If you're buying physical and not sitting on a ton of store credit, you might want to PM at a store that will sell you an unopened copy as new instead.

A slew of first party games are on sale for $45 at Best Buy, including some that haven't been on sale yet as far as I know. Some are the same price at Amazon, but their stock won't last the day usually. Ordered from noteworthy to less noteworthy (rarity of discount?):

Pokemon Snap
3D World+Bowser's Fury
Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Mario 3D All Stars
Smash
Mario Kart 8
Zelda BotW

They also have Link's Awakening for $40, both physical and digital.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mHq6Y7JSmg

Switch... ProOLED!

Slightly larger screen, better kickstand, CAT5 input, and assume same CPU/GPU and maintain compatibility with existing joycons/docks.  :cold:

$349.99 64GB White/NeonRB

E5nYKm6VcAIKXTh.jpg

I won't upgrade if it keeps the same cpu/gpu since I play 99% docked. Might be worth an upgrade for portable players though.

I won't upgrade if it keeps the same cpu/gpu since I play 99% docked. Might be worth an upgrade for portable players though.
There's no way I would get an OLED for a kid, though. My kid's Switch is always at 100% brightness no matter how many times I change it and talk about it. Screen burn in is going to be an issue on the second hand market.

As a portable player I might upgrade my switch lite if I could get a decent trade in value for it. The Satisfye grip on the lite makes for a comfortable "before bed" gaming experience but a slightly more expensive replacement/upgrade and those joycons are not intended for full size hands.

I find the LAN port on the dock the most appealing reason to upgrade...so I won't be upgrading.  I would probably shell out the extra $50 if I ever need another Switch, though.

I mean I dig all the improvements on the new Switch: double the internal storage, bigger and better stand, bigger and better screen, Ethernet port and better speakers but this is definitely one of those half-revisions (think 3ds vs 3ds xl as opposed to 3ds vs new 3ds) so I'll skip unless some sort of glitch price happens. I just hope the inevitable "New Switch" will come with these features.

bread's done
Back