Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
After reading reviews Quake appears to be a must buy at $3.99. People say $9.99 is a steal on it so I got it and on switch it has the best reviews on metacritic. 

I may have to pick up I am Setsuna for that price as well. It never seems to dip below $20 when it is on sale.
yup that's the sole reason I picked up it and lost sphear which was shockingly even cheaper by a dollar. okinaki is the only one not on sale and is the usual 20$ iirc.

After reading reviews Quake appears to be a must buy at $3.99. People say $9.99 is a steal on it so I got it and on switch it has the best reviews on metacritic.
Thank you for the recommendation, I was on the fence about it but after I saw your post I picked it up. Only played the first two levels but it was awesome, I will definitely get $4 of enjoyment out of it.

Streaming some Nintendo Switch Sports if you want to see that in action.

Edit: Here's the archive.

I'm enjoying the game, though the character creation is pretty poor with limited options that are mostly worse than what Miis had on the Wii and the Mii Maker on the Switch. It's annoying to have no facial hair options, no glasses or sunglasses, and only six options for hair types, which are all unlockable through the online MP's unlock system. In the online MP mode, you earn points after each match and every time you fill up the meter at 100 points, you can pick one of the unlock groups for it to pick a random item. The groups are only around for a limited time, so you're better off focusing on the group that ends sooner and grind that out before moving onto the other options. They're going to add new groups of items every week, but it's not really adding many options for the categories that you start with nothing in them (hats, glasses, face coverings, & outfits). Even with facial hair, you get one fake beard that looks bad and there's an alternate color version of that on the first group. I've seen people with beards, so I'm not sure where else unlocks can come from.

The games themselves are still very fun, but the fact that you can't just play solo versions of the games for unlocks is somewhat of a bummer since they got rid of the ranking system from the original game. Bowling is the most fun game since it's a bowling battle royale that starts with 16 players and eliminates people every three rounds based on score. The local version has a special mode where it throws wackier-designed lanes at you every round for a full game, which I wish was an option for the MP to throw in some more randomness to it.

Soccer is probably my second favorite game since it's basically human Rocket League, though matches are too short for there to be much back and forth scoring. Volleyball is another good addition with a teammate that is competent. Chambara is the dud of the group for me. It's fine, but isn't something I'll come back to like the other games. I'd have traded Golf for Chambara at launch.

Tennis and Badminton are similar flavors of the same kind of game, though Badminton is kind of like Olympic Badminton with a high speed of play than normal people would have. Tennis is just like the Wii Sports version for the most part, though I've seen people have a bit of trouble consistently hitting the ball the way they seem to want. I don't know if that's more of a lag issue or not, but Bowling had a similar issue where I'd twist the JoyCon like normal and wouldn't get a spin that I was expecting every once in a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI To all Just picked up Valkyria Chronicles for $7.99 on the e-shop. I know its a .... 14 year old game, but I've had my eye on this one for the past week or two and it just so happened to drop (to all time low) right when I wanted it. Hows that for luck.

Excited to play through it. I pirated it and played a few missions like 4-5 years ago on my Macbook Pro (through a crapton of like Wine-type windows compatability programs)

FYI To all Just picked up Valkyria Chronicles for $7.99 on the e-shop. I know its a .... 14 year old game, but I've had my eye on this one for the past week or two and it just so happened to drop (to all time low) right when I wanted it. Hows that for luck.

Excited to play through it. I pirated it and played a few missions like 4-5 years ago on my Macbook Pro (through a crapton of like Wine-type windows compatability programs)
I clicked the "like" button for the pirating. :applause:

Looks $49.88 to me. Not a sale unless 11 cents is a good discount. Not a game I'd likely touch, but I don't see the sale price.
11 cents is 11 cents mr moneybags.

I actually got it digitally on eshop. I never noticed digital wasn’t taxed. Been loading up on Eshop credit via GameStop so didn’t pay full price at all.

11 cents is 11 cents mr moneybags.

I actually got it digitally on eshop. I never noticed digital wasn’t taxed. Been loading up on Eshop credit via GameStop so didn’t pay full price at all.
digital is typically taxed unless you live in an exempt area. Nintendo gold coins seem to lower tax. Not sure if they can completely bypass it all together.

Animal Crossing New Horizons is $39.99 physical at Target, GameStop, and Walmart. It's also $39.99 digital at Target: https://www.target.com/p/animal-crossing--new-horizons---nintendo-switch--digital---no-aasa/-/A-79490882

This is the first time digital has been on sale. I've had the physical cart since launch, but I'm tempted to pick up digital on sale since it's the kind of game you play whenever and not having to get up to switch carts would be great.

-edit- Double-dipped on digital. It came with 300 gold coins, so more like $37 for my laziness ^^;

-edit 2- GameStop matched digital sale: https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/nintendo-switch/products/animal-crossing-new-horizons---nintendo-switch/10168434.html

I clicked the "like" button for the pirating. :applause:
Ironically I now have (A few) windows machines capable of doing some light gaming, I've heard VC1 runs on a potato. So I was going to run it on my Surface go2 with a tablet controller that fits it. Would be like a giant nintendo switch.

However, the....sources.....for downloads were a pain in the butt, to grab it all at once wasn't loading up properly and the others needed to be downloaded in 8 separate files that kept timing out mid download.... :headache:

So anyway...yeah Valkyria 1 for 8$ on the switch was cool with me. Looks like VC4 is 11.99$ now too. I want the physicial edition, but its going for around 40$ on ebay, so I am tempted.

What are your guys thoughts on Wii U/3DS VC emulation vs Switch Online? Debating whether to buy several VC GBA, GB, and N64 games before the shutdown or wait and see if they're added to Switch Online. Not sure how they look on Wii U when played fullscreen.

Last edited:
That’s actually shocking. We tax everything else.

Btw, switch sports is ok. They definitely need to add a couple games via update. I hear golf is coming.

Chanbara and bowling the best games so far.
It NEEDS baseball. Golf is a plus as well. Until that happens, I only have interest in bowling.

Saw that Culdcept Revolt is on sale for the 3ds for $5. Is it a must have game? Not very familiar with it.

Imagine Monopoly and Magic: The Gathering got into a violent car accident. That's Culdcept. You draw cards which have either monsters, power-ups, or spells. The monsters you play like hotels, and they have their own strength and hit point ratings. The power-ups you use to boost the monsters' abilities, and the spells you use to help you or hinder the opponent. You can use money to raise the level of monsters, making them more powerful and shaking more money out of your opponent when they land on them and can't beat them with a monster of their own.

It's a novel idea and the card artwork is quite good, but be warned: Culdcept cheats like a son of a bitch and always has, since it first debuted on the Saturn in 1997. Be prepared for a lot of suspicious dice rolls. I'd like it more if the rolls were random, but they're not and it's just something you'll have to learn to accept, and anticipate.

Some stuff I see that's on sale on 3DS & Wii U

3DS

Culdcept Revolt - $4.99 - 5/8

Final Fantasy Explorers - $15.99 - 5/11

Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX - $9.99 - 5/5

Mom Hid My Game! - $2.99 - 5/15

RPG Maker Fes - $4.99 - 5/8

Star Wars Pinball - $3.49 - 5/7

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call - $19.99 - 5/11

Wii U

Star Wars Pinball - $4.99 - 5/7

Reminder that the Capcom sale ends 5/15.

Imagine Monopoly and Magic: The Gathering got into a violent car accident. That's Culdcept. You draw cards which have either monsters, power-ups, or spells. The monsters you play like hotels, and they have their own strength and hit point ratings. The power-ups you use to boost the monsters' abilities, and the spells you use to help you or hinder the opponent. You can use money to raise the level of monsters, making them more powerful and shaking more money out of your opponent when they land on them and can't beat them with a monster of their own.

It's a novel idea and the card artwork is quite good, but be warned: Culdcept cheats like a son of a bitch and always has, since it first debuted on the Saturn in 1997. Be prepared for a lot of suspicious dice rolls. I'd like it more if the rolls were random, but they're not and it's just something you'll have to learn to accept, and anticipate.
This is the best description I have ever seen of Culdcept. Great game but simultaneously the most slimy underhanded crap you can imagine.

bread's done
Back