Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
so atelier ryza isn't a game deep into combat/have boss battles?
I would say no, combat is pretty casual. There are boss battles - some of them optional postgame, but difficulty is pretty much determined by how much you choose to synth/prepare.

Right before I recently finished Ryza 1's story, I synthed the strongest weapons I could for my active 3 characters (Alchemy lvl ~50/100). Didn't even bother synthing armor. After an easy final boss, I then decided to just try the optional postgame bosses.. and also beat all of them on the first try.

So that's why I call the combat casual. Not necessarily a bad thing. And Ryza 1 does have one of my favorite battle bgm tracks ever. This was all on the default difficulty, so different settings might provide a different experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sega Ages Herzog Zwei is down to $3.99, its lowest price ever.

Demon's Tilt is $11.99.  Anyone have any experience playing this?  I'm a big old school videogame pinball fan and this looks like it could be really good.  I was holding out hope for a physical release but I'm starting to lose that hope.

Sega Ages Herzog Zwei is down to $3.99, its lowest price ever.

Demon's Tilt is $11.99. Anyone have any experience playing this? I'm a big old school videogame pinball fan and this looks like it could be really good. I was holding out hope for a physical release but I'm starting to lose that hope.
Demon’s Tilt is great. I played it on game pass when it was available but I also think the asking price is too high since it’s really just one table. I would wait for it to go cheaper.

Nice discount on Ghostrunner at $7.49 (regular $29.99), but looking at reviews, it seems the visuals take such a hit on Switch that it affects gameplay (like not being able to see where bullets are coming from). Anyone try it on Switch?

For those who have it/played it, how does Persona 5 Strikers run on the Switch? I would prefer it on the Switch rather than PS4.
It’s really good! Runs smoothly most of the time, but does make some sacrifices to get there (worst offender I’ve seen is some pop-in for ambient objects partway through the second big area) but nothing deal-breaking. Loading takes a bit more than you’d expect, but overall I’m having a good time some 17 hours in.

Nice discount on Ghostrunner at $7.49 (regular $29.99), but looking at reviews, it seems the visuals take such a hit on Switch that it affects gameplay (like not being able to see where bullets are coming from). Anyone try it on Switch?
Have not played it, but have seen 2 or 3 video reviews all with the same comment - buy it on another platform. Switch port suffers severe performance issues. Only get it if you absolutely have to play it and don't have another console or PC able to run it.

It’s really good! Runs smoothly most of the time, but does make some sacrifices to get there (worst offender I’ve seen is some pop-in for ambient objects partway through the second big area) but nothing deal-breaking. Loading takes a bit more than you’d expect, but overall I’m having a good time some 17 hours in.
That's exactly what I was hoping to read. I'll be picking up my copy tomorrow.

Have not played it, but have seen 2 or 3 video reviews all with the same comment - buy it on another platform. Switch port suffers severe performance issues. Only get it if you absolutely have to play it and don't have another console or PC able to run it.
That was the case at launch, but I've seen that they've added a few patches since then. The latest was 1.3 at the end of February. I was only able to find one video of it running on the Switch lite:

https://youtu.be/Y9luJb_VEjo

Anyone play the latest version of Ghostrunner? Super tempted to get it if the visuals/lighting have been improved.

Well I thought I was decent at Tetris till 99 humbled my ass. I guess I’ll see how this goes.
Can confirm you suck at Tetris.

And here I thought I was gonna have free time since Mario 35 ended. Surprised this doesn't have a random expiration date to say, celebrate Pac-Man's 41st birthday in 2021!

After trying to figure out if the Switch could properly handle Ghostrunner, I finally realized it has a demo ^^;

They fixed the brightness issue from when it first released. I'm sure graphics are amazing on other platforms, but looked fine to me (at least for the first level I played from the demo). Difficult game but one you get better at with time. Instant respawn on death is nice. A little weird getting used to jumping with R (R jump, L dash, A slide, ZR kill). Very rewarding sense of accomplishment when you clear a section that kept killing you.

Price hasn't gone below $20.99 on PSN, so I happily bought it for Switch at $7.49.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B088MYMD21/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

$40 for Paper Mario: The Origami King

Even though it says Spanish, the reviews indicate it will install the English version if your system is set to English

This is the cheapest I have seen it outside of the Gamefly used game sales.
My copy just came. It appears to be the EU version of the game with the back of the box in Spanish but the game itself is in English and plays fine. If you are someone that just buys games to play them (not a box collector) then this is a good deal.

If asking about the Genesis collection it runs fine from my time with it. Some ppl said there was lag with some of the games, mainly Sonic, but I didn't notice anything when I played. Granted I'm not a huge Sonic fan, never have been, so if there was lag it wasn't enough to bother me. All the other games look nice.

If asking about the individual games, Outrun is Awesome, Shinobi is good, Fantasy Zone is also good.

If asking about the Genesis collection it runs fine from my time with it. Some ppl said there was lag with some of the games, mainly Sonic, but I didn't notice anything when I played. Granted I'm not a huge Sonic fan, never have been, so if there was lag it wasn't enough to bother me. All the other games look nice.

If asking about the individual games, Outrun is Awesome, Shinobi is good, Fantasy Zone is also good.
I just meant the whole thing in general but thanks for all the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok so Pac-Man 99 is fantastic. Does anyone have the hori mini fight stick? Wanna know how it (or other reasonably priced sticks) work with pac man 99.

I don’t really play fighting games because I suck at them.

Dark Souls II and/or III rumored to be coming to the Switch this year ... even though I already own them on multiple platforms, sign me up ... I love more portable Dark Souls!

I need to decide between a few Sega/Atlus 3DS downloads that are on sale.

I have $20 in eShop, and I'm trying to decide between the following 3DS games.

Sonic Transformed Racing - $9.99

Stella Glow - $9.99

7th Dragon III Code VfD - $14.99

I know that these all have physical copies that might be found for less in the wild, but 3DS games have dried up here locally.

Thank you for any constructive suggestions.

Stella Glow - $9.99

I know that these all have physical copies that might be found for less in the wild, but 3DS games have dried up here locally.

I loved Sonic Racing Transformed but I only played it on consoles so can't really say for the 3DS version. Stella Glow I found to be a competent SRPG but not as good as FFT, Fire Emblem, etc. I did like the story and music. (if you have played the Luminous Arc games on DS it feels alot like those, same dev) If you can cover the tax maybe get both of those. I only played a bit of 7th Dragon do I can't fully recommend it but it did seem good if you are into the genre.

Ok so Pac-Man 99 is fantastic. Does anyone have the hori mini fight stick? Wanna know how it (or other reasonably priced sticks) work with pac man 99.

I don’t really play fighting games because I suck at them.
What I really want is a proper 4-way joystick. I have the same issue with Pac-Man 99 as I did with Pac-Man Championship Edition... when things get fast, it's easy to accidentally miss a turn. I haven't seen any standalone 4-way joystick options, but you can put a restrictor on an 8-way arcade stick to convert it to 4-way. That seems like a pain, but with no one selling dedicated 4-way sticks there may be no other option for me.

What I really want is a proper 4-way joystick. I have the same issue with Pac-Man 99 as I did with Pac-Man Championship Edition... when things get fast, it's easy to accidentally miss a turn. I haven't seen any standalone 4-way joystick options, but you can put a restrictor on an 8-way arcade stick to convert it to 4-way. That seems like a pain, but with no one selling dedicated 4-way sticks there may be no other option for me.
Oh this sounds reasonable. Best finish so far for me is 5th.

Stella Glow - $9.99

7th Dragon III Code VfD is a great little hidden gem of a rpg. Extremely fun battle system and a decent story, as far as jrpgs go. It's basically a highly customizable dungeon crawler, so if you like stuff like etrian odyssey you will like it alot. Used physical copies seem to have gone up in price these days, so that digital price is not half bad.

question for you guys: I read that the Nintendo Platinum and Gold Points expire after some time. As long as I keep earning points will both of my points never expire? I've just been banking them without ever redeeming them and want to know if I need to monitor the dates of when I earn my points from now on since in the past I never would pay attention to my running points balance. TIA.

question for you guys: I read that the Nintendo Platinum and Gold Points expire after some time. As long as I keep earning points will both of my points never expire? I've just been banking them without ever redeeming them and want to know if I need to monitor the dates of when I earn my points from now on since in the past I never would pay attention to my running points balance. TIA.
I'm pretty sure they will still expire even if you earn new ones. You can see when they expire here: https://my.nintendo.com/point/expiration

Platinum coins expire 6 months after you collect them and gold coins expire 12 months after you collect them

https://my.nintendo.com/about_point

bread's done
Back