Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
Interesting. Do they commonly lock such purchases behind having an active NSO membership?
Yeah because they were mainly made as a way to play the NSO apps for NES & SNES games. They are compatible with a small selection of other games but aren't fully supported as switch controllers in all games. So this probably helps cut down on some of the complaints people would have buying these in stores only to find the list of compatible games is super short.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went ahead and bought 2 of the SNES controllers.  Seems like these can be used on PC and a retropi setup and might just be perfect for all retro (SNES and older) gaming.   On a side note, to press home use ZR+R.... ZL+L is for screen shots and video capture.

anybody with hitman cloud version able to confirm how much the levels from the first two games cost to add in right now? I heard they were on sale but can't find the specifics

Scott Pilgrim is "sold out" of digital codes. They must've only allowed so many to be sold on sale.
They have to have Nintendo generate the codes for them. They might have just run out of their current allotment of them and need more generated.

Dang, already sold out. Was thinking of adding a Mario Maker one to the shelf. Not too many interesting colors in this mediocre form factor! :no:
It was in stock for a long time, all things considered.

If that model took AAA batteries, I'd probably pick one up for convenience/future-proofing.

Dang, already sold out. Was thinking of adding a Mario Maker one to the shelf. Not too many interesting colors in this mediocre form factor! :no:
It got posted over on SD. Best bet is bookmark the page on Nintendo's site for 2DS/3DS systems and check it daily.

It was in stock for a long time, all things considered.

If that model took AAA batteries, I'd probably pick one up for convenience/future-proofing.
Yeah I was shocked that it was in stock for more than an hour (a few days) with how many places it was posted. 3 subreddits, slickdeals, CAG, etc. they must have had a pretty huge stock.

Release dates for Arceus (1/28/22) and Diamon/Pearl remakes (11/19/21) announced today. Kids are still working on Sword and Sheild! :baby:

Neat. Hopefully GameStop keep my preorders for them till then.

Release dates for Arceus (1/28/22) and Diamon/Pearl remakes (11/19/21) announced today. Kids are still working on Sword and Sheild! :baby:

It was only the blue one as far as I kno

Thanks. I was able to snag one yesterday. I wanted a backup for my New N3DSXL as the dual screen layout makes these games best suited for playing on original hardware. Also, some feel the 2DS is more comfortable in the hand vs the clamshell design but I do use a grip for my 3DS but couldn't find something similar for the 2DS.
Fair warning, though, you won't be able to system transfer to that 2DS, so you need to keep looking if you wanted a backup system for any digital games you might have.

Fair warning, though, you won't be able to system transfer to that 2DS, so you need to keep looking if you wanted a backup system for any digital games you might have.
Huh? Both my sons have a 2DS, one has the blue/black one, the other a Pikachu one - and I was able to system transfer to them from their previous N3DSXL just fine, digital games and all. They never used the 3D anyways, and put ALOT of mileage on their N3DSXLs. Or is there some issue with the 2DS wedge design models (my sons have the XL clamshell ones with the "new" upgraded processor)?

Sonic Central stream had some new Sonic announcements:

Minecraft Sonic thing teased

Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 with Sonic suit character - 6/22

Two Point Hospital getting Sonic Pack - 7/30

Sonic Colors: Ultimate - 9/7 release

Sonic Origins collection with Sonic/2/3/Sonic & Knuckles/CD - 2022

Teased the next big Sonic game for 2022

Sonic Central stream had some new Sonic announcements:

Minecraft Sonic thing teased
Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 with Sonic suit character - 6/22
Two Point Hospital getting Sonic Pack - 7/30
Sonic Colors: Ultimate - 9/7 release
Sonic Origins collection with Sonic/2/3/Sonic & Knuckles/CD - 2022
Teased the next big Sonic game for 2022
Sonic 3 and Knuckles is getting a new official release? This is big. Way too late, I really wanted a 3D Classics version on 3DS, but still.

Thanks for the heads up. I don't really have a lot of progress with any games at the moment but will keep that in mind.

Huh? Both my sons have a 2DS, one has the blue/black one, the other a Pikachu one - and I was able to system transfer to them from their previous N3DSXL just fine, digital games and all. They never used the 3D anyways, and put ALOT of mileage on their N3DSXLs. Or is there some issue with the 2DS wedge design models (my sons have the XL clamshell ones with the "new" upgraded processor)?
Those sound like the *New* 2DS clamshell systems, which are compatible with the *New* 3DS systems. Transferring back to a 2DS doesn't work I believe because it's not compatible with some of the games on the *New* line of systems.

Edit: sorry didn't read your whole comment through, yes the wedge system works differently for transferring.

It was only the blue one as far as I kno
Ahh ok. Not the color I was looking for. I think I'd prefer the Mario design loose for display because it stands out a bit more, but would like the Zelda one if it came with the original box... problem is those seem to run between $100-200 complete nowadays. :oldman:

Ahh ok. Not the color I was looking for. I think I'd prefer the Mario design loose for display because it stands out a bit more, but would like the Zelda one if it came with the original box... problem is those seem to run between $100-200 complete nowadays. :oldman:
Have you ever shared photos of your collection? Seems like you have a lot of different consoles/games on display so seems like an impressive collection.

Those are New 2DS XL models. Not the same thing. New systems can only transfer to other New systems. The regular 2DS "wedge" model that Nintendo had up is not a New model, and therefore cannot accept a system transfer from a New system.

Anyone having any good suggestions for charging Joycons without having to plug them in to the Switch?

bread's done
Back