Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
Hmm overcooked is the type of game that brings out the worst in families iirc. If its comparable to that then make sure to hide any controller cords. 

Im assuming this is like Slay the Spire? I’ve recently got into that game and it’s amazing. I’ll have to pick this one up.
Game is OK. Graphics are good and gameplay is okay in fights (similar to STS) although their are psychic fights if I remember and those are unique and all. Story is just there and the characters are kind of cool and unique. It seems to do a lot right, but came off just a bit boring to me. I played it a while back from the Epic Game Store. I could give a more comprehensive review, but I'd rate it 7/10 being a good not great game. Feels unique and fun, but I just don't like the loop as much as much as STS and a few other games.

Last edited by a moderator:
So far the only game that has replicated STS for me is Monster Train, which I played a bit on game pass on a borrowed X1 late last year. Too bad it isn't on Switch. 

So far the only game that has replicated STS for me is Monster Train, which I played a bit on game pass on a borrowed X1 late last year. Too bad it isn't on Switch.
Agree. Monster Train is very similar to Slay the Spire, but different enough to not be a direct copy. I had a blast playing both!

Im assuming this is like Slay the Spire? I’ve recently got into that game and it’s amazing. I’ll have to pick this one up.
Sort of, but the thing it's doing has more of a western RPG-style dialog and reputation system that determines the types of quests and places you can get help as you play further in the game.

I was tempted on Crysis Remastered for $15 (nostalgia of testing it on my gaming pc), but with the trilogy coming out later this year, I'll wait.

Same. I hope for an Ethernet port, faster network speeds, and a framerate and/or resolution boost. It would be especially nice if they're somehow able to make those improvements to already available games with DLSS, but not sure they'd go to the effort of patching them.
Most people wouldn't use the ethernet ports, so I don't think they'll add it. You can already buy a USB ethernet adaptor for the dock and tuck it inside (which is what I did).

I inherited my daughter's peach pink 2ds when she grew out of it. Man does that thing feel great in the hands. As much as people hated on it, it's probably the most comfortable way to play 3ds games. I highly recommend anyone to pick up one of these $50 ones that have been popping up.

I inherited my daughter's peach pink 2ds when she grew out of it. Man does that thing feel great in the hands.
Don't know why exactly but this made me laugh.

After excessive experimentation with 3rd party accessories, this is ultimately my [customspoiler='preferred 3ds'][attachment=35651:20210608_134230.jpg] [/customspoiler]

Yea, the green link 2DS is literally the worst color scheme... the only 2DS loose that I'd considered was the mario maker and the blue sun&moon (import), but feel I need to  get one complete with box for the shelf. Have too many loose 3DS console, need at least one with a box!  :bomb:

I got the last 2DS that they put up so I think I'm good.  It's nice to see some hardware popping back up after the New 2DS XL's sold out from Walmart.  Was beginning to think there would be no other options for backups.  I'd imagine my 2DS should be here within a week (Edit: Checked tracking, it should be here Friday).  They were faster than I expected with my Switch SNES controllers.

So the real question is... Switch Pro announcement next week? I'll probably wait for a BotW edition pro if it happens in 2022!  :hd:

edit: checked ebay.... looks like people flipping Refurbished 2DSes for $50 profit or so. No wonder they sold out so fast. 

Pretty sure Nintendo will reveal it and likely some other remake or something that fanboys will go crazy about and I'll wait to buy for like $30 if I'm lucky.

Missed the 2ds again. I’m hoping they show up again because I really would like a backup.
They seem to pop up for sale around the same time (12pm-1pm CST). Book mark the page below even though it'll default to the 404 error message page. When they go live... don't wait ... order and be done. I think mine came to just under $60 after shipping and tax.

Nintendo 3DS | 2DS

Any 2DS XL's go up, or just the regular 2DS?
Only regular 2ds have been popping up as of late. first blue then crimson 2 or 3 times and now green. Missed the other colors. I should have just ordered another blue one when they were in stock but I already have that one.

Grabbed a scarlet red to have as a backup (though I've never had a DS break on me).

Ubisoft Store has most of their Switch codes (including some DLC and bundles) on sale, plus a code for $10 off a $15 purchase: FORWARD.

Mind that some games like Scott Pilgrim are currently out of stock. The sale should go on at least until the 12th, and the coupon code expires on the 21st.

http://store.ubi.com

Dammit. Missed again.

Is it scalpers snatching them up this quick?
Same here... not that I wanted scarlet red, but curious if anything else will pop back in stock. Resellers have "presale" listings on ebay already. I assume people just resend directly to amazon fba at this point!

Any 2DS XL's go up, or just the regular 2DS?
I think the last time a clamshell 2/3DS XL was on sale was in 2020... this was from the internet history:

BACK IN 2020... NOT NOW:

PzOw7pO.png

Same here... not that I wanted scarlet red, but curious if anything else will pop back in stock. Resellers have "presale" listings on ebay already. I assume people just resend directly to amazon fba at this point!

I think the last time a clamshell 2/3DS XL was on sale was in 2020... this was from the internet history:

BACK IN 2020... NOT NOW:
PzOw7pO.png
I bought a blue one a couple weeks back and it came last Thursday. Pristine. So I snagged a scarlet one today. They are for my own/family use but I’m really impressed by them. Solid unit!

I bought a blue one a couple weeks back and it came last Thursday. Pristine. So I snagged a scarlet one today. They are for my own/family use but I’m really impressed by them. Solid unit!
Yep, I got an NES classic refurb among a few other things... great condition... but then regretted it since I also wanted to original box the systems would come in...

So now just checking and hoping some special editions pop up! :bomb:

I have a New 3DS XL and while I love the big screens and the second analog stick and extra shoulder buttons... I'm glad I'll be getting a 2DS as a backup for playing DS & 3DS games.  Most games have pretty big text that was designed with the small screen in mind so I don't think it'll be a big deal.

i was hoping nintendo sold a replacement 3ds stylus as my daughter lost mine back in the day. Looks like i need to look on ebay as the new 3ds ones apparently won't fit in the 3ds storage slot.

I wish Nintendo would sell refurbished New 3DSes. Not XL, just the regular model that they brought stateside for, what was it, a month? I’d really like to get my hands on a New 3DS for the extra power, but I hate how big the XL systems are, and I didn’t realize the regular ones were going to be discontinued so fast when they finally brought them over.

I wish Nintendo would sell refurbished New 3DSes. Not XL, just the regular model that they brought stateside for, what was it, a month? I’d really like to get my hands on a New 3DS for the extra power, but I hate how big the XL systems are, and I didn’t realize the regular ones were going to be discontinued so fast when they finally brought them over.
Did they have regular size new 3DSes in the US outside that Mario edition, which I think was a limited edition TRU exclusive?

Did they have regular size new 3DSes in the US outside that Mario edition, which I think was a limited edition TRU exclusive?
They were selling them at Walmart for $99 during the Christmas season like three years ago or something. Not sure if they ever made it anywhere else.

I was really tempted, but I figured they’d probably go even lower the next year.

Ubisoft Store has most of their Switch codes (including some DLC and bundles) on sale, plus a code for $10 off a $15 purchase: FORWARD.

Mind that some games like Scott Pilgrim are currently out of stock. The sale should go on at least until the 12th, and the coupon code expires on the 21st.

http://store.ubi.com
Scott Pilgrim is back in stock. I ordered that and the Mario Rabbids Season Pass to finally play the Donkey Kong DLC. Total ended up being $10.

bread's done
Back