Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
But those apps would have to support Linux, no? Epic launcher, Xbox app, PS Now app. They didn't say they'd all work out of the box. You would presumably need to install Windows, which means the 64GB version may not be enough.

But those apps would have to support Linux, no? Epic launcher, Xbox app, PS Now app. They didn't say they'd all work out of the box. You would presumably need to install Windows, which means the 64GB version may not be enough.
They aren't clear with how it'll work... but they are using something called proton to make windows software compatible. So, theoretically you should be able to download the installer and run it using proton. Now will it all work flawlessly... no telling.

Steam OS is free to download, it might be worth it for those seriously interested in this device to go install steam os and see how compatible it is with windows games... if the other stores/ecosystems will install... and how good that experience is. If none of it is compatible in steamos yet... then be prepared to beta test this in the real world... or install windows 10 and hope there's full driver support for this device.

I have read a few articles and watched several videos on this handheld pc... and something people should know too is the internal storage is not able to be upgraded. So it might be well worth it to just spring for the 512gb version at the start (especially as the 64gb version is going to be considerably slower). Playing pc games off of microsd with any kind of speed in loading requires a sandisk extreme or other high end card.

Last edited by a moderator:
If there’s no app for Xbox on Linux you can play the same way you would play it on iOS just play it through a compatible web browser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Switch has a major advantage for storage though in that it has Physical released games.
Physical games do help with storage problems. But even many Switch games require a bigger download than the 32gb internal storage can handle, such as NBA 2k21, I just tried it last week. Requires a microsd card.

I'm not saying your opinions on whether the Steam device is more enjoyable than the Switch, or whatever. I am merely pointing out that the same qualms you had about the Steam's internal storage exactly fits with the Switch's own internal storage problems. The base Steam device has twice as much storage as the base Switch even! I just thought it was silly that you were trying to paint that as a negative, but as a positive for the Switch? I mean,the Switch AND the base Steam model BOTH have abysmal internal storage, but is it really a big deal to buy a 256gb microSD for $20?

I mean, of course they're games with big installs. But steam literally has a bigger Library than the switch does and it'll run those indie games + more better.
I already own 1,100 Steam games. And a great deal of them were cheaper than any of the games that I bought on the Switch eShop unless I count those crappy 10 cent games that the indie publishers used to sell before Nintendo put a stop to that kind of thing.

Maybe we can get those 10 cent game deals back once the Steam Deck hits the market.

that makes me wonder if i should walk across the street to return my online gs preorder and rebuy it to save on tax lol
Or walk across the next street and buy it from Walmart for $10 less if you don't have any lame Gamestop credit :oldman:

Random WM I went into today (Sat) - not sure what brickseek is saying.. doesn't seem like these joycons will be too in demand?

K6qpOpc.png

Or walk across the next street and buy it from Walmart for $10 less if you don't have any lame Gamestop credit :oldman:

Random WM I went into today (Sat) - not sure what brickseek is saying.. doesn't seem like these joycons will be too in demand?

K6qpOpc.png
walmart would require driving 25+ minutes

K6qpOpc.png
Even has the anime/manga “speed lines” thing going on

So can the steam deck access gamepass and psnow? If so that's kind of a big deal. I'll always buy Nintendo systems, but as an alternative to a ps5 or xbox the steam deck is looking tempting.
Edit: I'm mobile and having issues posting links but yes it can do gamepass, epic store, emulators, etc. Even switch emulator

K6qpOpc.png
Brickseek is showing them in stock at all the Walmarts near me. App says none are in stock. Interesting.

I insta-bought a pair of these Thursday night thinking they’d be hard to find and now they are in store everywhere? Fool me once Nintendo, shame on you. Fool me 100 times, I’m a loyal customer.

I insta-bought a pair of these Thursday night thinking they’d be hard to find and now they are in store everywhere? Fool me once Nintendo, shame on you. Fool me 100 times, I’m a loyal customer.
That doesn’t necessarily mean they’re going on sale anytime soon unless your goal was to flip it.

That doesn’t necessarily mean they’re going on sale anytime soon unless your goal was to flip it.
Nah, just thought it was funny how pre-orders sell out for certain Nintendo items and it appears like they’ll be impossible to get, only to find them still in stock a few days after release.

Nah, just thought it was funny how pre-orders sell out for certain Nintendo items and it appears like they’ll be impossible to get, only to find them still in stock a few days after release.
That’s certainly a nice change of pace for us fans! Let’s hope it stays that way to (maybe, slowly) cut down on the scalper losers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even though items sell out online, people seem to forget physical stores are a thing. Items are always available in store on release. Just because a Walmart has a few on the shelf doesn't mean anything about scarcity or if they'll be restocked.

Remember when everyone threw a tantrum about how anti-consumer Nintendo was being when they didn't include a power cord with the 3DS since they assumed people would have them already so if you want one you buy it separately.

I went to buy a garbage disposal today and the guy tells me the majority of them don't come with power cords because they assume you'll have one already so if you want one you buy it separately.

I found that amusing.

Remember when everyone threw a tantrum about how anti-consumer Nintendo was being when they didn't include a power cord with the 3DS since they assumed people would have them already so if you want one you buy it separately.

I went to buy a garbage disposal today and the guy tells me the majority of them don't come with power cords because they assume you'll have one already so if you want one you buy it separately.

I found that amusing.
nintendo not providing a charger was just them being cheap. same with samsung not including a wall charger with their new phones.

Not including the charger doesn't really save them that much. The boxes for newer Apple and Samsung phone are half the size without them which really saves on freight costs.

s-l1000.jpg

It kind of worked out in favor of the consumer with them dropping it because they stopped changing the port and charger with every new handheld.

I found that amusing.
I'm perfectly fine with Nintendo not including a charger to protect the environment! But the cost of the system should reflect that missing piece. $240 instead of $250, then sell the charger for $10. It was a way to squeeze just a bit more money out of the 3DS.

Decided to cave and grab a pair of those joycons from Walmart yesterday morning "Oh someone just came in and bought them all, actually. They bought like 5 or 6 of them"

Shoutout to that scalper for saving me $75, I guess!

I bought the Zelda Joy Con. They weren't on the floor but the lady at Walmart seemed to know exactly what box they were in. Brickseek shows that ALL the Walmarts around me have them in stock so check brickseek before you go. If you don't see them on the floor, have the barcode ready or ask them. They were $69 so $10 cheaper. Walmart is the place to go for video game stuff and definitely Nintendo.

Walmart is the place to go for video game stuff and definitely Nintendo.
Yeah, that's my #1 choice... love that straight up discount on gaming stuff ... though they aren't always great for more niche games. Best Buy most often fills in that gap for me.. and has more decent deals later on without the worries of wrong region (Amazon) or open copies (GS). I don't have a target nearby so I don't bother with them too much.

https://twitter.com/nintendo_cs/status/1417288814788112385

Nintendo of Japan is stopping funding of Nintendo accounts on 3DS and Wii U Japanese eShops with credit/debit cards by 1/18/22, so it seems like the slow crawl to those being shut down is in the works for all regions. You can still use prepaid eShop cards there for the time being.

That's terrible. People nashed their teeth about the PS3 storefront closing, and that was with downloads still being accessible. 3DS is much younger. Is Wii digital content still downloadable?

That's terrible. People nashed their teeth about the PS3 storefront closing, and that was with downloads still being accessible. 3DS is much younger. Is Wii digital content still downloadable?
I just bought three DSIWare games on the 3DS eShop this morning since they were recently de-listed in Japan: Jump Trials, Jump Trials Extreme, and Moke Moke. They were $1.99 each, but none of them were on sale.

Better safe than sorry. :shock:

i forgot nintendo doesn't let you use the same nintendo id on multiple 2ds / 3ds systems. need to boot up my 3ds now to transfer the account over to the 2ds.

On one hand, I probably missed some great games by not going from the Wii and DSi to the WiiU and 3DS, but at least I didn't have to put up with this.

We’ve seen some refurbished 2DS systems being sold on Nintendo’s site recently, but does anyone know if they ever have refurbished Wii Us?

I mean, people have warned about this happening with digital storefronts for years now and no one believed them when they said they can just shut them down when they want and revoke your content. That is why you always want to go physical if you get the choice. You actually own the product.

I mean, people have warned about this happening with digital storefronts for years now and no one believed them when they said they can just shut them down when they want and revoke your content. That is why you always want to go physical if you get the choice. You actually own the product.
Eh, not that simple. There's a good chance that buying digital Xbox games will be playable on Xbox/PC for years to come. Buy physical and it might not even play on the next console iteration.

At least the 3DS and Wii U are thoroughly hacked so digital-only games should theoretically be preserved.
Can't say I'm surprised though. Nintendo dropped BC entirely for the Switch and crossbuy barely existed between 3DS and Wii U (and Wii and Wii U if you count VC porting) to begin with. Given the Switch storefront was almost completely separate, it always seemed like the others would go the way of the Wii's. Another "great" move from the penny pinchers at Nintendo. I'd be steaming if I'd spent much on VC titles which you know they will inevitably release for sale again.

meanwhile japan gets another atlus title :/
Nice, thanks for the heads up. I'll check it out when the update happens.

For anyone that doesn't know, it doesn't matter what region your NSO account is in, you can play all regions of the classic system apps. You just either need to either change your account region and download the apps and then change back or do like I did and setup a second profile and nintendo account with the region set to japan. Super easy to do. Then launch the apps with whatever profile has NSO access. Nicely with a japan account you can play Dragon Quest X's story for the most part completely free... though it's all in japanese... from a US IP address (no VPN needed). The trick is just knowing what buttons to press in the main menu to get into it... generate your two characters... and then start the game. Saving is at the church in the game and the options after saving include continuing or quitting to the menu.

Japan's Famicom/Super Famicom apps also have some of the "Wars" series, Fire Emblem series, and a few other games that are worth checking out. One of the unique ones is surprisingly nearly all in English.

I noticed that Toby: The secret mine is on sale for $1.99(usually $11.99). Now, I have never played it but it looks like Inside and Limbo and both of those games are awesome so I have to think this game is worth $1.99.

I noticed that Toby: The secret mine is on sale for $1.99(usually $11.99). Now, I have never played it but it looks like Inside and Limbo and both of those games are awesome so I have to think this game is worth $1.99.
I did a review on the game several months back, outside of some of the visuals and basic puzzles, TTSM is a pale imitation of those games. If you’re buying it comparing it to those games, I wouldn’t bother. But in a vacuum it’s not completely terrible.

why can't you play it on the console it came out on?
Because speaking for myself already being a multi-console owner I don't want a dozen, or so consoles connected to my TV in order to play every game I want to play, or own. Case in point with my Series S it is really nice having just one box to play everything Xbox from current gen to many Xbox 360 games, and some original Xbox games.

bread's done
Back