Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
Thank you for posting! I was 50 coins short but saw a 100 platinum points offer for finding some flags on the Mario golf website, so easy 100 platinum points if anyone is short. The shipping increase is a bummer though.
I was 200 coins short. I did the quest to link my My Nintendo account in the Animal Crossing mobile app which was worth 300 coins. Uninstalled the game after I got the points :)

I have done this a couple times in the past and have forgotten about it once, was too lazy to ask for a coin refund, lost I thin 800 coins. I just threw in another SNES switch controller to make myself feel better about the shipping since this Zelda print looks cool and didn't want to forget about it.
I purchased the Zelca Joy Cons so I could justify the shipping cost.

Thanks to this thread for letting me know about the new reward! I know my daughter will love this. She is a huge Zelda fan.

Bonus, Now I have no expiring platinum coins! Watch something even more awesome come out now before I have enough coins :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Grabbed Chasm for $6, seemed like a pretty good price. Obviously too late now, but any opinions on it?
Great game. I couldn't put it down. It just hit all of the right buttons for me. I did get stuck a couple of times until I found that one section of map that I missed, and that opened everything up.

I went and found my post on how to farm a couple thousand MyNintendo points from the Fire Emblem Heroes app:

Fire Emblem Heroes

1. Download the game, link your Nintendo account, and go through the tutorial. You can skip all the talking and animations. It will make you drag your character around the screen, but don't worry, the whole game is very hands-off.

2. Go to Misc. then Settings and turn off battle animations, map stuff, anything that lets you turn off or set to auto.

3. From the Home screen click on Presents List to claim your free orbs.

4. At the bottom of the screen click Summon and it should have a message about giving you a free 5 star summon. I read that Lysithea is good but feel free to choose anyone. There might also be a 2nd 5 star character for you to claim.
Click on Allies, then Edit Teams. Put any 5 star characters on your team.

5. Click over to Shop and max upgrade your castle with orbs. This should increase your experience points from battle.

6. Click Battle, Story Maps, then Main Story.
Choose any of the books and start battling. Skip all the text and once the battle starts choose "Auto Battle" and the game will play itself! When the battle ends skip through all the text and enter the next chapter of the book.

Eventually (once you complete a book?) You can get more 5 star characters. That's all you have to do. Once the battles get harder you might get game over, but you can continue if you pay an orb, and you will have dozens by then. You can also pay an orb to replenish your stamina, there's no need to wait. I did it all in 2 days.

Whenever you want, go back to My Nintendo and claim your points. Platinum points will be valid for 6 months. If you've already maxed out/used all your points doing this you can always create a 2nd mynintendo account and start collecting points on the new account. My Nintendo physical rewards aren't tied to the account that redeems them, so you can claim the redemption codes on your main account no problem. But you are limited to 1 purchase of each item, per account.
That was an easy couple of thousand points. Can get even more I think. Thanks!

Guess I missed out on Empire of Sin being $11.99 on the e-shop a few weeks ago? I know the game got so/so reviews but has anyone played it here and would recommend (or not)? Suspect it might drop down again if it hit that low point a few weeks back..

Got the Zelda art from my Nintendo today. Thought the stand would be plastic, but it's just paper so that was a little disappointing, but it looks nice and at least they included something to display it.

Big multiplayer-focused sale just went up. Splatoon 2, Hyrule Warriors, Good Job, Snipperclips, Mario Party, Mario Tennis Aces, Fire Emblem Warriors…

Also, some Sega Ages titles under $3.

Got to pickup the Picross S5 I believe. I always get these games when the newer one comes out. Also these rarely go on sale so pick them up. Does anyone have any positive reviews of the Kemono Friends Picross?

Hyrule Warriors, should I get it or wait for Calamity of Ganon to go on sale instead? I’m leaning towards CoG since I heard it’s pretty much better in every way and obviously a prequel to one of my newest favorite games ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got to pickup the Picross S5 I believe. I always get these games when the newer one comes out. Also these rarely go on sale so pick them up. Does anyone have any positive reviews of the Kemono Friends Picross?
It’s decent, however it’s from fairly long ago so it’s missing a bunch of gameplay improvements that have been added since. Most of the puzzles are character faces and folks have found it repetitive (I was fine with it).

It’s still good Picross, isn’t weighed down by the license like Lord of Nazarick’s story stuff, and has great, earwormy, chill puzzle BGM.

It's more Picross, but features cutesy anime characters all over the place.

Not a super huge fan of threes though I love RPG hybrids. It may just be me but the art looks kind of horrid in some of that. A random thought but I wish they would do the RPG slot machine game again. That was pure fun and random of course, but still a lot of fun since you could choose your reels.

If one has never played a Ys game..how hard/bad is it to start with Ys8 Lacrimosa of Dana?
http://www.digitalemelas.com/index_ys.php#wheretostart

I haven't played VIII yet as I was trying to do the series from the beginning. Not sure I'll get there though (I only played through one playthrough of Ys Origins.... might just need to watch a video of the 3rd playthrough to see that one through.)

If you look at that site that I posted, they say that VIII or IX are fine starting points for playing the series and you can go back into the other ones to see more of the lore in the series.

If one has never played a Ys game..how hard/bad is it to start with Ys8 Lacrimosa of Dana?
They're fairly standalone experiences. Especially so with VIII. All you need to know is that Adol is an adventurer and travels around with his friend Dogi.

Ys VIII is a great game and a good place to start. Ys IX draws more on having experience with other Ys games, and even then it's not essential.

It's like asking if it's ok if Breath of the Wild is your first Legend of Zelda game... yep.. you can start wherever you want. Eight specifically should be a good place as the story is pretty much stand alone on an island.

Hyrule Warriors, should I get it or wait for Calamity of Ganon to go on sale instead? I’m leaning towards CoG since I heard it’s pretty much better in every way and obviously a prequel to one of my newest favorite games ever.

Honestly, I felt the original Hyrule Warriors was better than Age of Calamity in every way. From a pure combat perspective, I feel they're equal in fun factor, but the original game has a much larger roster of playable characters, way more to do with the various Adventure Mode maps, tons of amazing weapons and costumes to collect, a pretty cool story with neat, original characters, and it doesn't run like complete ass like Age of Calamity does. Most of all, AoC is a very poor prequel to Breath of the Wild, and if I told you why, it'd be a big spoiler. But I'll say this: don't believe Nintendo when they claim that this is the tragic tale of the Great Calamity finally told.

The worst part about the game for me was how much it forces you to grind for items to upgrade your characters, weapons, and overworld facilities. Sure, the original HW had some grinding, as well, but you always felt like you were making some kind of progress by doing it, like getting to the next Adventure Mode unlockable. In AoC, you'll be playing the same maps over and over to try and get more Lizalfos tails or whatever. It really starts to drag in the end.

I'm a massive Zelda fan and buy every game in the series (I just slogged through Skyward Sword HD despite never really loving that one when it originally came out) and even I'm questioning how much I want AoC's expansion pass. If you're torn between the two HW games, I recommend the original to get the most content. Plus, it's just such a love letter to the Zelda franchise.

Meh. It was ok but is way too long.

Also stupid requirements to get the ending. If I had gotten the regular ending where it just abruptly ends I'd be pretty peeved.

I like celceta better.

The Fire Emblem Heroes and Splatoon 2 season passes are $9.79 on the gamestop website right now.  At checkout its taking 30% off the 13.99 sale prices, which is a price mistake / site error.

Grabbed Good Job! for $9.79 thanks to the GS price mistake. Came with 100 gold coins.

The Fire Emblem Heroes and Splatoon 2 season passes are $9.79 on the gamestop website right now. At checkout its taking 30% off the 13.99 sale prices, which is a price mistake / site error.
Thanks!!! I grabbed Mario Party digital for $29.39. It should also give $3 in gold coins when redeemed on the Switch.

Here are the other games that are giving an extra 30% off (except Mario Tennis and Snipperclips base game). Remember to select digital before you add to cart.

https://www.gamestop.com/search/?pmid=27322-GeneralPromos-80621SwitchDigital30&utm_source=rakutenls&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_content=Cheap+Ass+Gamer&utm_campaign=10&utm_kxconfid=tebx5rmj3&cid=afl_10000087&affID=77777&sourceID=FKSJxY2VJAk-ee_GyNkF6qpDxqDkhfhaIA

Honestly, I felt the original Hyrule Warriors was better than Age of Calamity in every way. From a pure combat perspective, I feel they're equal in fun factor, but the original game has a much larger roster of playable characters, way more to do with the various Adventure Mode maps, tons of amazing weapons and costumes to collect, a pretty cool story with neat, original characters, and it doesn't run like complete ass like Age of Calamity does. Most of all, AoC is a very poor prequel to Breath of the Wild, and if I told you why, it'd be a big spoiler. But I'll say this: don't believe Nintendo when they claim that this is the tragic tale of the Great Calamity finally told.

The worst part about the game for me was how much it forces you to grind for items to upgrade your characters, weapons, and overworld facilities. Sure, the original HW had some grinding, as well, but you always felt like you were making some kind of progress by doing it, like getting to the next Adventure Mode unlockable. In AoC, you'll be playing the same maps over and over to try and get more Lizalfos tails or whatever. It really starts to drag in the end.

I'm a massive Zelda fan and buy every game in the series (I just slogged through Skyward Sword HD despite never really loving that one when it originally came out) and even I'm questioning how much I want AoC's expansion pass. If you're torn between the two HW games, I recommend the original to get the most content. Plus, it's just such a love letter to the Zelda franchise.
Well, you talked me into it (the extra 30% off @ GameStop right now helped too [emoji6]). Half off retail? Seems like a no-brainer!

The Fire Emblem Heroes and Splatoon 2 season passes are $9.79 on the gamestop website right now. At checkout its taking 30% off the 13.99 sale prices, which is a price mistake / site error.
Thanks for the heads up. I normally refuse to shop at GameStop but will gladly take their price mistake for Splatoon DLC and Good Job!

Grabbed Super Mario Party and the Octo Expansion. Great deals on stuff I actually wanted.
Tempted by the Warriors games but don't know if I want them $30 bad. Is Snipperclips Plus worth it at half off at $15?
Are Good Job or The Stretchers any good?

bread's done
Back