Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
Heads up on the genesis 6 button controllers... before you go down that rabbit hole, keep in mind the only Genesis game that has a 6 button mode of those being released on this service is Shinobi III.  And it's a hidden mode that I read requires 2 controllers to unlock.  There are 61 of the 713 regular genesis games in north america that have optional 6button configs.

So at launch anyway there's pretty much no reason to bother chasing 6 button controllers.  Not for me anyway.... I'd rather just use the SNES controllers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Genesis controller should be the same price as the SNES controller.

I just bought one of these for $29 on eBay that works with a USB port or original Genesis port.

Retro-Bit Sega Genesis 2.4 GHz Wireless Controller 8-Button Arcade Pad for Sega Genesis Original/Mini, Switch, PC, Mac – Includes 2 Receivers & Storage Case - Black

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WP2ZYNR

The whole nintendo rewards expiration thing is dumb. Hopefully they add something new today since the only thing on the site right now are the wario pins.

The whole nintendo rewards expiration thing is dumb. Hopefully they add something new today since the only thing on the site right now are the wario pins.
Thanks, this reminded me to order that Zelda rewards. It does suck that they expire though especially since the shipping is now $7.

Thanks. I just traded two into GameStop so trying to figure out how long to wait to replace them.

BF is just right around the corner!
just price match amazon for $69 and buy them now. who knows what the supply is going to look like as we get closer to the holidays

That doesn't justify $200 to play four-player N64 games with accurate controllers.
I wouldn't go whole hog and buy 4 of these even if the were $40 each... because there's only a few games coming out and maybe a few more later. It's hardly worth the cost even with it useful for using in other games.

Initially, I don't even know if I'll bother going for the extra service. $20 for me was already a bit much and I barely used the SNES & NES apps (as well as famicom & super famicom apps)... I don't know that I would even play these games very much. I recently had my N64 hooked up and played through much of what I have left on it and these games make my brain hurt.

For the Love of Pete people, just go on OfferUp or Craigslist and buy an n64 bundle and a $20 adapter to play it on your TV. Way cheaper and you can play the games right now. That is, of course, if you want 4 controllers. Remember, you don't need those controllers to be able to play the games on Switch.

Im not gonna be buying any of those 50 dollar controllers... wtf

Now if they start adding in the Clear Purple Controller.... I may have to

I'll take that Lime Green one that was at Toys R Us. Honestly I would go for the N64 extra price if the games that came out where strange forgotten ones like Chameleon Twist.

I can feel it coming. We’ll end up getting Milo’s Astro Lanes before any of those “future additions” they showed in the Direct. Is Crave even around anymore? Don’t matter.

The only games that would sell me on it would be the Mario party and pokemon stadiums with online multiplayer. I loved the mini games in stadium especially.

The only games that would sell me on it would be the Mario party and pokemon stadiums with online multiplayer. I loved the mini games in stadium especially.
If I wasn't dividing the hypothetical cost across a family plan, it'd be the same for me. With "support" for Ultimate ending soon, they should add OG Smash too.

Oh hey, a few adventure games got discounts today, and turns out they seemingly got together and organized a sale of their own.

They’re also running a giveaway! In https://switch.pointandclick.sale/ you can enter to win a code for one of the 10 featured games.

https://twitter.com/skunkape/status/1443240681296719879
Thanks, entered the giveaway. Kinda lame each of the 10 winners is only getting 1 of the 10 games and not the set but it's something.
Props for not using your own contest referral link for bonus entries though (even if I wouldn't have minded), unironically classy.

Full NA is closer to 700GB, and then there's translations/hacks.

The PS Classic is ok but not as good as the real thing.

I tried the demo for Voice of Cards last night. I found it really dull. Anyone else try it?
I think it's Yoko Taro related, right? In a way, it reminded a bit of Nier: Reincarnation and the weapon stories from the other Nier games. Some wordy story telling that if you're into it, you're really into it, and if you're not, you'll be super bored.

I wasn't hooked with this one, but I barely started it.

The biggest complaint I read about Voice of Cards is that the gameplay is really slow and needs to be sped up.

Anyone ever get the purple screen of death on a switch? My kids was purple and then it went black and now it's on the dock but the screen is blue. Tried the reboot trick and now I'm just gonna let it charge for a while and try the hard reboot again.

I played the demo but didn't finish it. I enjoy the idea/novelty, but yes, it's extremely slow.

I don't need seconds of cards shuffling on the screen every time something happens.

I tried the demo for Voice of Cards last night. I found it really dull. Anyone else try it?
I am gonna assume that it's one of those things where they attach a big name to a project, but the person isn't actually THAT involved. They do this with movies all the time. Based on the work history on his wiki page, it looks like the games that really seem to live up to his reputation are the ones where he is a scenario writer in addition to being a director. This is not one of those times.

Full NA is closer to 700GB, and then there's translations/hacks.

The PS Classic is ok but not as good as the real thing.
Right, 605GB from this dump that has all revisions and demos. I only have one version of everything on my PS Classic. Where do you get the translations from? It'd be fun to reminisce with my asian waifu about the poor graphics on bad weeb games from that era...

Has anyone ever used a third party joycon that’s any good? I have 4 people max playing. 2 joycons and 3 pro controllers. I don’t want to pay $70 for joycons that only ever get used when we play Super Mario Party. Any good cheaper ones?

(I used to have 4 joycons but traded two in at GameStop this week with the intent to just buy a fresh set.)

Has anyone ever used a third party joycon that’s any good? I have 4 people max playing. 2 joycons and 3 pro controllers. I don’t want to pay $70 for joycons that only ever get used when we play Super Mario Party. Any good cheaper ones?

(I used to have 4 joycons but traded two in at GameStop this week with the intent to just buy a fresh set.)
I got the ECHTPower ones one year ago (there was a promo with coupons and stuff and got them for like 10usd), and I am still using them. They have awesome rumble, infrared, gyroscope, macros, and if used as a gamepad with its support thingy, you can charge them while playing. But the main reason I got them, is because they have a d-pad instead of buttons.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B086WYPZ92

I got the ECHTPower ones one year ago (there was a promo with coupons and stuff and got them for like 10usd), and I am still using them. They have awesome rumble, infrared, gyroscope, macros, and if used as a gamepad with its support thingy, you can charge them while playing. But the main reason I got them, is because they have a d-pad instead of buttons.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B086WYPZ92
If these took AA or AAA batteries instead of unknown brand/quality LiONs, I would buy a set in a heartbeat.

bread's done
Back