Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
So just an FYI and YMMV. But I just got done with target.com chat about my Metroid dread order. My goal was to see if they could switch it to store pickup since all my local targets have it in stock. Of course they said no since the shipping label was already made, and they asked to just wait for the shipping date. I politely said thanks for checking and just mentioned that fedex delivery is always painfully slow. So they ended up giving me a $5 target gift card through my email. I told them it wasn’t necessary, but appreciated.
So maybe complaining to them about fedex will change their shipping partner, but I doubt it, as fedex is cheap. But if anyone has a long wait for their copy, maybe politely let them know.

If you ordered Metroid Special Edition from Target you can request a refund for the price difference. $22.50 back.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1447110656755322883?s=20
Thanks so much for the info! I pre-ordered back in June and the chat rep told me that, since my order was over 14 days old and the item was sold out, she normally couldn't do the price match. However, since I've been a customer for a long time, she did it anyway. I'm glad I got it to work, since getting the Special Edition for less than 10 bucks more than the standard is a good freaking deal.

So just an FYI and YMMV. But I just got done with target.com chat about my Metroid dread order. My goal was to see if they could switch it to store pickup since all my local targets have it in stock. Of course they said no since the shipping label was already made, and they asked to just wait for the shipping date. I politely said thanks for checking and just mentioned that fedex delivery is always painfully slow. So they ended up giving me a $5 target gift card through my email. I told them it wasn’t necessary, but appreciated.
So maybe complaining to them about fedex will change their shipping partner, but I doubt it, as fedex is cheap. But if anyone has a long wait for their copy, maybe politely let them know.
Painfully slow? They offer express shipping for release date delivery.

I have a Skull n co grip case for my switch lite that I really like. Not sure how this OLED case compares, but it comes with a few grip options like the case I’ve got does which is a nice feature.

https://skullnco.com/collections/top-selling/products/neogrip-for-nintendo-switch-oled-model-and-regular-model
Yep, I love my Switch Lite Skull n Co grip as well! The carrying case is really great too. The new SwOLED model grip looks pretty interesting, definitely taking a few design hints from Satisfye but still accommodating the new kickstand.

On that topic, after debating and weighing the pros and cons of moving from my Switch Lite to the SwOLED I’ve ultimately decided to stay with my Lite. I just love this little guy. The d pad and buttons are perfect (I hate the Joycon’s clicky buttons and lack of d pad), the size is great, the screen, while obviously not OLED, is still really nice and the pixel density is actually better on the Lite and therefore less jaggies. If there were more improvements with the SwOLED I might feel differently but with the screen being the only upgrade I’m interested in I feel like my $350 could be better spent some other way. Maybe I’m crazy. And besides, my Walmart order hadn’t even shipped yet so it made it easy to cancel. [emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Painfully slow? They offer express shipping for release date delivery.
My metroid arrived yesterday and sure a day late is not bad.

My preordered OLED shipped before released but was scheduled for Friday, then yesterday, now it says delivery date pending and its still four states away moving less than a state per day. That is Painfully slow.

Last edited by a moderator:
My metroid arrived yesterday and sure a day late is not bad.

My preordered OLED shipped before released but was scheduled for Friday, then yesterday, now it says delivery date pending and its still four states away moving less than a state per day. That is Painfully slow.
On a scale of needing morphine to a kiss from your mommy to make it all better, how painfully slow is it exactly?

Ive got a lot on preorder the next two months, but caved on ssbu and poke snap for $40 at best buy.

Ordered Cruis'n Blast for pickup from Best Buy earlier, $30 is a good price and the $10 BB eGift Card sweetened the deal. Nice to see waiting to buy it paid off.

Man, my copy of Metroid Dread is now showing as Thursday for delivery.  No updates since Friday on it, so I'm wondering if they lost it.  

Thanks FedEx Post.  

Man, my copy of Metroid Dread is now showing as Thursday for delivery. No updates since Friday on it, so I'm wondering if they lost it.

Thanks FedEx Post.
I'm actually in a similar boat with my Metroid Dread SE from Target. No update since Thursday afternoon when it "shipped." Delivery estimate went from Saturday to Thursday 10/14. Fed Ex.

I'll just be happy to get it on decent shape at this point.

Oh for fuck's sake, what are they thinking??? I was only able to get the Dread SE from GameStop.com [which I only did because at least I had some points for rewards certs I could use later to knock down that ridiculous price] and it won't be here soon enough for a return/rebuy before the sale ends on Tuesday. I would have happily bought the SE at this price from Target instead though. :wall:

Dread is awesome. Just saying. So happy to have it live up to expectations and just FEEL right. Now what I wouldn’t give for Castlevania and Shadow Complex sequels to show that 2D is alive and well. So much potential.

I'm actually in a similar boat with my Metroid Dread SE from Target. No update since Thursday afternoon when it "shipped." Delivery estimate went from Saturday to Thursday 10/14. Fed Ex.

I'll just be happy to get it on decent shape at this point.
My Dread SE is finally preparing for shipment from gamestop.

Dread is awesome. Just saying. So happy to have it live up to expectations and just FEEL right. Now what I wouldn’t give for Castlevania and Shadow Complex sequels to show that 2D is alive and well. So much potential.
Totally agree, would love to see more 2D Castlevania and a Shadow Complex sequel would be awesome as well. Can't really say this about many other games, but I would happily pay full price for a new 2D Castlevania game like the ones from the GBA/DS platforms.

It's funny for a while there I was getting overwhelmed and underwhelmed a bit by all the Castlevania 2D games coming out. Now that we have only really gotten Bloodstained as a spiritual successor, it does feel like the time for a new one. The GBA collection is great though and plays well on the Switch if anyone is up in the air about it. I own all the DS games so that collection isn't essential to me, but I know would sell well and likely isn't as much effort for them. I sickly want a Castlevania 64 collection (yes I know they kind of suck) and even a new 3D Castlevania would be aight for me, though I was never as crazy for those.

Good to know about the Castlevania Advance collection.  Definitely on my list to buy, I was just trying to decide between the PS4 or Switch version.

Getting the Switch version seems appropriate since these are handheld games, but I would really like physical media for it.

did anyone have there package stuck at Martinsburg WV. Fedex is taking so long. I really hope my metroid is not lost
Yeah my package has been there for a day or two even though the origin says it’s from the next county over from me, a literal 30min drive. It says it will be delivered tomorrow, and I knew it wouldn’t arrive today since the usps has the day off.

Yeah my package has been there for a day or two even though the origin says it’s from the next county over from me, a literal 30min drive. It says it will be delivered tomorrow, and I knew it wouldn’t arrive today since the usps has the day off.
ahh okay mine is still pretty far off from where i am and hasnt update for 3 days hoping for the best for the both of us

Good to know about the Castlevania Advance collection. Definitely on my list to buy, I was just trying to decide between the PS4 or Switch version.

Getting the Switch version seems appropriate since these are handheld games, but I would really like physical media for it.
They honestly don't look good blown up on a big screen so playing portable is probably a good choice. I'll pick it up on both as soon as a decent sale drops. I do like trophies so I'll pick it up on PS4 & NS.

No More Hereos & Monster Hunter I can see being $20 soon. Mario 3D World is tempting since it probably wont drop less than $40. 

Fedex tracking said that my Target order of Metroid Dread was delivered today at 3:39 pm est by fedex ground and not usps through fedex surepost, and it's nowhere to be found. I contacted Target chat and they said to wait 2 business days for my package to arrive before contacting them again to request a refund/replacement. 

Fedex tracking said that my Target order of Metroid Dread was delivered today at 3:39 pm est by fedex ground and not usps through fedex surepost, and it's nowhere to be found. I contacted Target chat and they said to wait 2 business days for my package to arrive before contacting them again to request a refund/replacement.
Fedex is just so bad right now. Mine still have no update and it shipped on the 7th,

Mine shipped on the 7th too from York PA and it went to Martinsburg, West Virginia first when I live in Philadelphia, PA,
My copy arrived today, said it shipped from York Pa on the 7th and then was in West Virginia and then suddenly it was in Middletown to be delivered to me in Amish land. (No I’m not Amish)

My copy arrived today, said it shipped from York Pa on the 7th and then was in West Virginia and then suddenly it was in Middletown to be delivered to me in Amish land. (No I’m not Amish)
If you were Amish then you would be breaking like every rule they have and you wouldn't be Amish.

Decided to mess around with Pac-Man 99 since some of the themes are free.

What a step back compared to Tetris 99. Way more monetization with way less in-game unlockables and much clunkier menus.

Can see why they continue to support Tetris 99 instead.

If you were Amish then you would be breaking like every rule they have and you wouldn't be Amish.
Fun fact, Amish teens that haven’t officially committed themselves to the church are allowed to have cell phones and drive cars. I once saw an Amish buggy with neons underneath and a very loud sound system. It was just as confusing as it was hilarious. I’m pretty sure that horse went deaf.

There's a free trial going on for Jackbox Party Pack 6 if you are subscribed to NSO. Free to download & play until October 19th. Should be good for a single weekend of fun multiplayer trivia at least.

bread's done
Back