Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
No, not at all. I just add whatever email adress you have for your account to the family plan. That's it. Definitely no sharing of info. No access to your account and vice versa.

Physical deal... Hotline Miami Collection is $19.99 at gamestop.com "new".  I grabbed the last copy my local store had (which saved me shipping)... and of course it was the display copy as it was sealed with a clear sticker.  But for just under $22 ... I'm happy.

No, It's tied to the account with the email address. If you have each other's systems set to the other's main then maybe. I think that will make you have to be online though. I can check to see if my girlfriend can play nes games on my switch tonight, but I wouldn't want to tell you yes and then it change at release.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, It's tied to the account with the email address. If you have each other's systems set to the other's main then maybe. I think that will make you have to be online though. I can check to see if my girlfriend can play nes games on my switch tonight, but I wouldn't want to tell you yes and then it change at release.
Oh it's no biggie. I was just wondering because if not, I could ask him if he wants to pay $10 to do the family plan too. I am interested. I have every single N64 game and most of the SNES ones and some of the Sega ones but playing them online and the backups and some of the other stuff is worth $10 a year.

Sharing NSO with someone works pretty much the same as sharing games.... except they'll have to play the nso apps under the profile that has the nso subscription tied to it even if their system is set as your primary system.  So they'll need to play as you.  Also you'll want to make sure on their system they aren't uploading cloud saves as that'll overwrite your saves.

Sharing NSO with someone works pretty much the same as sharing games.... except they'll have to play the nso apps under the profile that has the nso subscription tied to it even if their system is set as your primary system. So they'll need to play as you. Also you'll want to make sure on their system they aren't uploading cloud saves as that'll overwrite your saves.
This is not correct as we have a family plan and the owner's profile isn't on our switch

Sharing NSO with someone works pretty much the same as sharing games.... except they'll have to play the nso apps under the profile that has the nso subscription tied to it even if their system is set as your primary system. So they'll need to play as you. Also you'll want to make sure on their system they aren't uploading cloud saves as that'll overwrite your saves.

This is not correct as we have a family plan and the owner's profile isn't on our switch
I think Knight was commenting on sharing one slot of the family membership with another person. So, 2 people sharing one of 8 slots. Otherwise, each of the 8 slots has their own membership and nothing needs to be shared.

I like that it's short and can't stand long games these days. The thing that annoys me are the EMMI sections. I absolutely hate forced stealth, and stealth sections are the last thing I'd want in a Metroid game. Just let me explore freely and pew pew at things, wtf. Pretty much every time I stopped playing was because I got bogged down by yet another EMMI section of the map. Boring. Though I died so damn often that I somehow perfected the timing for countering those stupid robots, so that made things slightly less tedious. I thought people were mostly in agreement that stealth sucks these days, but reviewers didn't seem to mind in this case for some reason.
I can't say I agree with you there. I want a bit more than 10 hours of content for $60. The recent Ratchet & clank was 20 hrs to 100% at $70 and it had good unlockables like visual filters & new weapons for its hard playthrough. Not just pointless pictures. The Emmi sections were forced, but I just ran. The stealth is useless when you can just use mobility to avoid them. I agree the game would have been better without them.

I think Knight was commenting on sharing one slot of the family membership with another person. So, 2 people sharing one of 8 slots. Otherwise, each of the 8 slots has their own membership and nothing needs to be shared.
Yes this. One person sharing one slot in a family plan or a single user standard plan with someone that is on no plan at all.

Metroid Dread is awesome! My total playtime was around 16 hours to get 100%. That's worth the price of the game. I will replay it on hard mode one day too. My only real gripe are the load times between sections are too long. It would have been nice for Nintendo to have an easy mode because I see a lot complaints that normal mode is too hard. It's a shame that people will stop playing it or won't beat the normal mode. Oh well. I loved the EMMI sections. No real complaints about any gameplay stuff.

Metroid Dread seems like another perfect GameFly title, which is what I did. They periodically send 50% off a month, so $8 to play Dread was good for me.
In hindsight this is a good idea. I payed 47 shipped, but would have waited had I known about the lack of content, bad story & ending. It's a hell of a weekend rental for sure. Those E.M.M.I areas are the weakest parts. Luckily they aren't long at all.

In hindsight this is a good idea. I payed 47 shipped, but would have waited had I known about the lack of content, bad story & ending. It's a hell of a weekend rental for sure. Those E.M.M.I areas are the weakest parts. Luckily they aren't long at all.
giphy.gif

None of this is true. The game has an 89 on metacritic.

What does metacritic have to do with other peoples opinions? Weren't you crying on how bad GTA V was a few weeks ago? That has a 97 metacritic. :whistle2:
Yeah, I didn't like it but not for reasons that don't exist. Where in reviews are they stating that Dread has a lack of content and a bad story and ending? If it had all of those things, it wouldn't have scored so highly. I didn't like GTA 5 because of how violent and disgusting Trevor is and whatever other reasons I gave. The main complaint I see about this game is that it's too hard. First I'm reading about these other things.

Yeah, I didn't like it but not for reasons that don't exist. Where in reviews are they stating that Dread has a lack of content and a bad story and ending? If it had all of those things, it wouldn't have scored so highly. I didn't like GTA 5 because of how violent and disgusting Trevor is and whatever other reasons I gave.
Metroid Dreads story is bad to me. The main twist was lame & they didn't bother to explain it or go into detail. The ending was bad because of it. The short adventure was literally for nothing. I beat the game in 6:48 . There was no point getting 100% once I found out all you get is artwork & no true ending. So you can not like GTA for your reasons, but I cant voice my displeasure for Metroid Dread? A game that I said was fun btw. Stop pole smoking metacritic & form your own opinion. Get that Fanboy BS out of my face. :speaktothehand:

Metroid Dreads story is bad to me. The main twist was lame & they didn't bother to explain it or go into detail. The ending was bad because of it. The short adventure was literally for nothing. I beat the game in 6:48 . There was no point getting 100% once I found out all you get is artwork & no true ending. So you can not like GTA for your reasons, but I cant voice my displeasure for Metroid Dread? A game that I said was fun btw. Get that Fanboy BS out of my face. :speaktothehand:
LOL. Not many Metroid games have elaborate endings and most of 2-D ones are short if you blow through them and yes, getting 100% was not worth only artwork but it was tough and extended the game but I wish there was more of a payoff. Again, I thought you heard that a lot of people and reviewers stated the story was bad and it had a lack of content and bad ending. I didn't know it was just your opinion. I have been discussing and reading about Dread on many boards and this is the first opinion I've read about what you don't like. That's what I found strange is all since most people only complain about it being too hard. I criticized the games load times. No way should a AAA Nintendo title take that long to load in between sections of the planet and that loading between the end cutscene KILLED the flow of the gameplay. Would a fanboy type that?

LOL. Not many Metroid games have elaborate endings and yes, getting 100% was not worth only artwork but it was tough and extended the game but I wish there was more of a payoff. Again, I thought you heard that a lot of people and reviewers stated the story was bad and it had a lack of content and bad ending. I didn't know it was just your opinion. Again, I have been discussing and reading about Dread on many boards and this is the first opinion I've read about what you don't like. That's what I found strange is all since again, most people only complain about it being too hard. I criticized the games load times. No way should a AAA Nintendo title take that long to load in between sections of the planet and that loading between the end cutscene KILLED the flow of the gameplay. Would a fanboy type that?
A fanboy would jump to conclusions just like you did. So yes a fanboy would type that. All of the recent Metroid console games have good stories & lore. Metroid Prime 1,2, 3 & Other M had satisfying endings to wrap it all up (especially if you got 100%). So that statement just isn't true. Sorry I do I call things as I see them. I'm sure you'll see other opinions once you look outside of Nintendo echo chamber sites/forums.

Plus. Stop editing your posts after the fact. If you honestly believe what you say stick with it. I'm replying to your original posts. :roll:

Other M gets the most hate out of any Metroid game ever so a lot of people disagree with you. I don't care if you don't like the game because of those reasons. Sell that piece of junk game and buy one that has an amazing story and an ending and content that you deem worthy. I edited because I forgot to put in the 2D part.

Other M gets the most hate out of any Metroid game ever so a lot of people disagree with you. I don't care if you don't like the game because of those reasons. Sell that piece of junk game and buy one that has an amazing story and an ending and content that you deem worthy. I edited because I forgot to put in the 2D part.
I don't care what other people say about Other M. That's their opinion. Plus YOU DO care that I don't like those things about Dread. If you didn't you wouldn't have fanboy'd out and went on that diatribe. So you're saying Metroid Dread is a piece of junk now? Just let the record show you posted that. :bouncy:

It's feeling like Nintendolife in here. If you're not completely nut hugging a first party game your opinion doesn't matter. Smh
If it makes you feel better, I *hated* New Pokemon Snap. After about two hours, the game was a horrid drag. Go through the same courses again and again to see if the Pokemon behave *slightly* differently? Omg. :wall:

If it makes you feel better, I *hated* New Pokemon Snap. After about two hours, the game was a horrid drag. Go through the same courses again and again to see if the Pokemon behave *slightly* differently? Omg. :wall:
The hardcores will tell you that's replay value. Most call it padding. Honestly I never tried it. I stopped playing Pokemon when I was 14. That was in 1999. Lol! I remember buying the original and beating it in one sitting. Probably 2-3 hours. It wasn't worth the $50. I know Pokemon has grown to crazy numbers by now so I would think the new game would be content rich.

The hardcores will tell you that's replay value. Most call it padding. Honestly I never tried it. I stopped playing Pokemon when I was 14. That was in 1999. Lol! I remember buying the original and beating it in one sitting. Probably 2-3 hours. It wasn't worth the $50. I know Pokemon has grown to crazy numbers by now so I would think the new game would be content rich.
You're 35 and still post childish, indirect trolls intended to make people feel bad about the games they like? At least have the balls to say you think Pokemon is for kids. RE: your other post - you should work on not reacting to other people's opinions as if they victimize you or have power over you in some way.

And yeah, New Pokemon Snap could've been a lot better. My gf and I still spent a lot of time playing it, but the ability to edit/retake shots made high scoring way too easy. No skill involved in editing your pictures to be perfect. And hopefully it gets some DLC that include more areas and Pokemon.

You're 35 and still post childish, indirect trolls intended to make people feel bad about the games they like? At least have the balls to say you think Pokemon is for kids. RE: your other post - you should work on not reacting to other people's opinions as if they victimize you or have power over you in some way.

And yeah, New Pokemon Snap could've been a lot better. My gf and I still spent a lot of time playing it, but the ability to edit/retake shots made high scoring way too easy. No skill involved in editing your pictures to be perfect. And hopefully it gets some DLC that include more areas and Pokemon.
WTF are you babbling about? I don't care if people play pokemon. I just stopped when I got into more traditional RPG's. I still buy & play every Mario game that releases. People should play what they like "kiddie" or not. I know tons of people that play the mobile game, Smash Bros also has Pokemon in it too. I also love & support that series. You should honestly not give any advice with your reputation. You're a known shit poster & troll. So why do I need to explain myself to you? Lol!

I honestly wish games wouldn't show how much time you played them.  People use a number to justify value far too often. 

I have no idea how far I am into Metroid (because I know the time they show for my game doesn't include deaths, pauses, etc.) and am enjoying it.  Certain parts have frustrated me, but I love Metroid gameplay and that's what I paid for.  

I guess I'm glad I don't worry about reviews and don't get worked up when other people have a different opinion on a game than I do, especially to talk about it in the way some have here.

I'm probably weird in that I enjoy the Metroid-like genre a lot, but am not a huge enough fan of Metroid games to have beat any of them nor have I enjoyed Castlevania: Symphony of the Night much either to get very far in it. I've enjoyed many of the indies I've played more than the two series credited with popularizing it. I'm enjoying Dread a good bit so far and might actually finish it, which probably makes it the best game in the series so far on that metric despite me liking Metroid Prime's everything a great deal more before I eventually trailed off.

Geez...You are one insecure person Blade.

I honestly wish games wouldn't show how much time you played them. People use a number to justify value far too often.

I have no idea how far I am into Metroid (because I know the time they show for my game doesn't include deaths, pauses, etc.) and am enjoying it. Certain parts have frustrated me, but I love Metroid gameplay and that's what I paid for.
I understand that point of view. I love game timers though. I think a lot of people want to know how long they spend with game. That's why all three major consoles have implemented it on a system level. I'm a CAG to a fault so when I pay retail or near to retail for a game I hope to get some fun & a decent run time out of it. It's always a gamble though.

I understand that point of view. I love game timers though. I think a lot of people want to know how long they spend with game. That's why all three major consoles have implemented it on a system level. I'm a CAG to a fault so when I pay retail or near to retail for a game I hope to get some fun & a decent run time out of it. It's always a gamble though.
Sure, I get that... especially from people here.

For me, it's more about enjoying the games that I play (when I actually play them.) More often than not, it's more about enjoying the journey at this point. Guess I'm just a Cheap-old-ass-gamer at this stage in my life.

It's feeling like Nintendolife in here. If you're not completely nut hugging a first party game your opinion doesn't matter. Smh
You should see the Nintendo Switch subreddit. Talk about your hive minds. "He failed to slobber all over the latest Nintendo release! Destroy, destroy! Downvote, downvote!"

Metroid Prime sucks, Dread is better, Hollow Knight is better than Dread. I'm ready to fight

In defense of the game length, though: The game is fast af. Like, you move and play so so fast. The world is HUGE. It's the speed that gets you through it quickly. There's so many games with ridiculous, boring padding these days. Gimme 10-12 hours of banger gameplay with great depth that I want to play over and over any day.

Thanks man, that helps. Still have to get lucky and catch things at the right time, but being able to narrow some down makes it a little more bearable. The eshop is too sluggish to scroll through hundreds of games at once. I've added a title from each of those publishers to my wishlist and will try to remember to check them from time to time.
I try to post them here if I stumble across them... I was posting them on another site, but apparently mods there didn't "like" those kinds of deals and kept deleting them.

Fwiw, it did get DLC in the form of a big update in August. I hope they're planning more but it seems unlikely as dataminers confirmed that there's no more unreleased Pokemon in the game.

CrisTales has a demo... I gave that a try and gave up pretty quick.  Might be smart to just play the demo and decide if you like the game before jumping on the deal because it's cheap.

Is the Cris Tales sale at Gamestop too for new copies? The website says yes but the app says no.
On the website it's only for local stores (for me anyway) that still have copies. You know with them it'll be an open copy with a sticker over it. BB & Amazon will be sealed. BB will be the correct region with ESRB rating... the Amazon copy should be ESRB version but sometimes you get burned (as I have been).

Yeah, I saw about the load times. I looked up some gameplay videos on YouTube and decided I could deal with it. Graphics and gameplay look great to me.
Picked up a PS5 copy after looking into the feedback on the load times. Was on my Amazon wish list and hit my price point. Thanks!

Is there a way for me to find out regional differences in digital games? For example, when I look at Blasphemous, I see that "This game has slightly different versions between regions.", but what are the differences?? I couldn't figure out where to find that.

bread's done
Back