Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
I just got my system about three weeks ago so I didn't get in on any other giveaways. I downloaded that DLC and even the Coloring Book they mentioned in the tweet, and still no discount.

I noticed that Robonauts was 39 cents after getting Coloring Book, so I went ahead and bought that. Once I did the golf game showed the discount.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone is interested in Golf Club Wasteland it's on sale again for $7.50, but if you go to the eshop page it's even cheaper $4.99.

I don't know what's triggering the lower price. Last time it was for owning a Qubic Games title.
The game is published by "Untold Tales," and it looks like all three of their titles are marked down to $4.99 right now. It has to be some sort of ownership discount, but I don't know what's triggering it. Dekudeals shows the current price for each title, but all show as $4.99 via the eShop for me.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/the-hong-kong-massacre-switch/

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/beautiful-desolation-switch/

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/golf-club-wasteland-switch/

Edit: Untold Tales is taking part in Qubic Games's "Winter Fest" promotion. If you own one of several Qubic Games titles, all of Untold Tales's games are $4.99 each. The promotion appears to last until Dec. 31.

https://qubicgames.com/winterfest/

Owning any of these titles triggers the discount: Pocket Mini Golf, Robonauts, Mana Sparks, REKT, Akane, Dex, Blazing Beaks, Puzzle Book, Space Pioneer, Eyes: The Horror Game.

"Winterfest" runs until Dec. 31st, although the normal sale prices are listed as ending Dec. 22.

The game is published by "Untold Tales," and it looks like all three of their titles are marked down to $4.99 right now. It has to be some sort of ownership discount, but I don't know what's triggering it. Dekudeals shows the current price for each title, but all show as $4.99 via the eShop for me.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/the-hong-kong-massacre-switch/

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/beautiful-desolation-switch/

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/golf-club-wasteland-switch/

Edit: Untold Tales is taking part in Qubic Games's "Winter Fest" promotion. If you own one of several Qubic Games titles, all of Untold Tales's games are $4.99 each. The promotion appears to last until Dec. 31.

https://qubicgames.com/winterfest/

Owning any of these titles triggers the discount: Pocket Mini Golf, Robonauts, Mana Sparks, REKT, Akane, Dex, Blazing Beaks, Puzzle Book, Space Pioneer, Eyes: The Horror Game.

"Winterfest" runs until Dec. 31st, although the normal sale prices are listed as ending Dec. 22.
All three of those don't look too bad for 5 bucks a piece. Thanks for this.

For anyone that got the digital Pokemon dual pack, have you tried playing each game on different switches at the same time and can confirm that it doesn't force one user to quit?

It's supposed to be a Xmas present for my kids but I'm hoping to confirm it'll work...or if I need to get a separate copy as backup for one of them. TIA.

Has anyone heard about Switch Lite restocks before the holidays?

I waited too long on picking one up for my kid and now they're nowhere to be found. I have subscribed to some tracking sites but didn't know if anyone heard of any other opportunities. Cheers!

For anyone that got the digital Pokemon dual pack, have you tried playing each game on different switches at the same time and can confirm that it doesn't force one user to quit?

It's supposed to be a Xmas present for my kids but I'm hoping to confirm it'll work...or if I need to get a separate copy as backup for one of them. TIA.
I've played Pearl on my secondary account and traded with Diamond on a separate primary Switch.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

digital game sharing works fine on the switch

Sure would be nice if they did ttyd next.  And if both sell well that they go back to the gameplay the series used to have before nintendo derped it up because durr we can't handle multiple rpg series featuring mario at the same time. Ironic given that they killed off the mario and luigi series games. 

Has anyone noticed if physical copies of Dragon quest 11 S are still on the shelves in their area? Brickseek has turned up nothing in my area, and the only store that seems to have it is GameStop. I’d like to avoid them because most of their “new” games are already open. Even BB is sold out online and in store. Just wondering if it’s going out of print or if I still have some time to get it.

So they're gonna only add one a month?
Lame. 6 left on the upcoming list, hopefully more than that will be added.

Has anyone noticed if physical copies of Dragon quest 11 S are still on the shelves in their area? Brickseek has turned up nothing in my area, and the only store that seems to have it is GameStop. I’d like to avoid them because most of their “new” games are already open. Even BB is sold out online and in store. Just wondering if it’s going out of print or if I still have some time to get it.
i wouldnt wait any longer
i dont really see it anymore in my area and nothing on brickseek

I've played Pearl on my secondary account and traded with Diamond on a separate primary Switch.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
digital game sharing works fine on the switch
Thanks for the replies. I'll see see how it goes.

We've got some digital games and they've all worked fine. I was mainly worried since it's one code for both games; I didn't want one child to be locked out while the other gets to play.

Sure would be nice if they did ttyd next. And if both sell well that they go back to the gameplay the series used to have before nintendo derped it up because durr we can't handle multiple rpg series featuring mario at the same time. Ironic given that they killed off the mario and luigi series games.
That's a Gamecube game so I doubt they are going to release that next in their N64 service.

Pirates: All Aboard and Creep Tales blow so much. Pirates is a basic move your boat, collect coins and avoid obstacles and bullets. Once you're hit you're done. 4/10 extremely basic.

Creep Tales looks kind of cool and has an interesting art style. You play some guy and you're with your friend and he goes and gets abducted by monsters. Now this starts this freakin' awful platforming, adventure style with items hunt to get to your friend I guess. I gave up after just being pissed at the controls and constantly dying to a monster who is after a bridge you have to build plank by plank by grabbing the planks before you. 4.5/10 as it has decent graphics.

I will try the Star whatever one and give my impressions. Likely all of these will be played for 5 or less minutes and then eradicated off my switch. The very definition of shovelware so far.

Has anyone heard about Switch Lite restocks before the holidays?

I waited too long on picking one up for my kid and now they're nowhere to be found. I have subscribed to some tracking sites but didn't know if anyone heard of any other opportunities. Cheers!
I was in the same boat, I kept a tab open on Best Buy and just happen to check it when they were in stock. Snagged a yellow and a blue for my boys, for in store pickup this weekend. YMMV of course, but that’s how I did it.

As for the free games, I’ve only played the space game (Star Horizon?) and while it’s very mediocre, it’s still pretty fun overall. I’d give it a 6/10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was in the same boat, I kept a tab open on Best Buy and just happen to check it when they were in stock. Snagged a yellow and a blue for my boys, for in store pickup this weekend. YMMV of course, but that’s how I did it.
I managed to get one on Amazon this morning from Nowinstock. Bots must be buying them up as they're in and out of stock incredibly quickly at just about every site I've seen over the last few days.

I managed to get one on Amazon this morning from Nowinstock. Bots must be buying them up as they're in and out of stock incredibly quickly at just about every site I've seen over the last few days.
Yep I figured I just lucky, I’ve been checking periodically the past couple weeks and one day, boom, they were both able to be shipped to store. [emoji2371]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just my luck the first Nintendo console I'm fully on board with, they decide to drop Virtual Console. And it does big screen and handheld; it's the perfect system for it. Why do you hate money??

Just my luck the first Nintendo console I'm fully on board with, they decide to drop Virtual Console. And it does big screen and handheld; it's the perfect system for it. Why do you hate money??
They’d rather have recurring Switch Online $ then worry about maintaining digital access to successor consoles.

At least the Wii U can play on both, even if the handheld needs to be within range of the powered-on system. $20 for a year of online access with a plethora of legacy classics included is a much better deal for consumers than buying each VC game at MSRP, too. Otherwise, it was $5 per NES game, $8 per SNES game, and $10 per N64 game on the WIi U eShop.

For those of you doing the nogravitygames giveaway, are you able to tell which games are free everyday without logging into the website? I want to get my nephew into this and bought him a $10 eshop card to start with the games on sale but I'm not sure he has a computer to check everyday. Does it just show up on the eshop with the free game everyday?

You can't get the giveaway games if you miss one. It already started a few days ago.
You can if you buy the games they had as free.

"Missed any game from the chain? Want to join? Remember, you need to have all the previous games from the lineup to be eligible to start getting the rest of them FOR FREE. We discounted the missing games so that you don't have to pay a full price, only a fraction of it to join and get the rest of the games."

Are any of the free games actually worth playing
Probably not, but usually with these giveaways they sometimes include a game near the end of the promo that is either a new(ish) release or (at least to me) looks interesting enough to want to buy. But if it’s free, it’s for me. I’ll delete what I don’t want or sucks.

For those of you doing the nogravitygames giveaway, are you able to tell which games are free everyday without logging into the website? I want to get my nephew into this and bought him a $10 eshop card to start with the games on sale but I'm not sure he has a computer to check everyday. Does it just show up on the eshop with the free game everyday?
If you have his username and password, you can login to the web version of Nintendo's eShop and claim the games yourself every day.

Yes, Monday-Friday at 3:00 am the game's eshop page is updated to reflect the free status. The easiest method is to log into the eshop, type in creepy tales into the search function, select it and then click on the No Gravity Games subheader. All the developer's games will be listed and just scroll down until you find the one that says free.

Yes, Monday-Friday at 3:00 am the game's eshop page is updated to reflect the free status. The easiest method is to log into the eshop, type in creepy tales into the search function, select it and then click on the No Gravity Games subheader. All the developer's games will be listed and just scroll down until you find the one that says free.
3 AM Eastern, specifically

2 AM Central

1 AM Mountain

12 AM Pacific

I am almost glad I missed out on these free games. I have way too many games to play as it is on Switch already let alone other consoles. My nephew is set up with the previous games and knows how to get the free ones everyday. I also bought him Minecraft so he will be busy for awhile.

I will have to try Tetris 99 again. Last time I played it, I used a pro controller and it was a disaster. Nintendo messed up the direction on the dpad so you have to use the Joy Con if you want to actually have a chance at winning.

I will have to try Tetris 99 again. Last time I played it, I used a pro controller and it was a disaster. Nintendo messed up the direction on the dpad so you have to use the Joy Con if you want to actually have a chance at winning.
As someone who only plays this with the pro controller none of what you are saying is true.

bread's done
Back