Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
If you play Splatoon 2 feel free to use these codes to redeem in the eshop for Online Jersey and Online Squidkid V Shoes for your character to wear in game. They are one time use, enjoy
C0YPMD9NWPK81L3V
C0YPMD9Y81SRFYSK
C0YPMD9PP1RVS7QW
C0YPMD9Q97BYS8S6
C0YPMD9RTMYHWLMB
C0YPMD9SMN0QLH02
C0YPMD9TSCS4QBQT

If you play Splatoon 2 feel free to use these codes to redeem in the eshop for Online Jersey and Online Squidkid V Shoes for your character to wear in game. They are one time use, enjoy
C0YPMD9NWPK81L3V
C0YPMD9Y81SRFYSK
C0YPMD9PP1RVS7QW
C0YPMD9Q97BYS8S6
C0YPMD9RTMYHWLMB
C0YPMD9SMN0QLH02
C0YPMD9TSCS4QBQT
Thank you very much. I used this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
C0YPMD9NWPK81L3V
C0YPMD9Y81SRFYSK
C0YPMD9PP1RVS7QW
C0YPMD9Q97BYS8S6
C0YPMD9RTMYHWLMB
C0YPMD9SMN0QLH02
C0YPMD9TSCS4QBQT

C0YPMD9NWPK81L3V
C0YPMD9Y81SRFYSK
C0YPMD9PP1RVS7QW
C0YPMD9Q97BYS8S6
C0YPMD9RTMYHWLMB
C0YPMD9SMN0QLH02
C0YPMD9TSCS4QBQT
Thanks, much appreciated! Used this one.

Is the Genesis emulation on Switch good, unlike the N64 emulation?
It's the best Genesis re-release ever, the only thing close in quality are the few Genesis Sega Ages games.

It's done by M2 and even has rollback netcode.

Lightyears above the crappy genesis classics collection.

C0YPMD9NWPK81L3V
C0YPMD9Y81SRFYSK
C0YPMD9PP1RVS7QW
C0YPMD9Q97BYS8S6
C0YPMD9RTMYHWLMB
C0YPMD9SMN0QLH02
C0YPMD9TSCS4QBQT
I used this one and thanks. C0YPMD9Y81SRFYSK

Thought I was SOL since I missed Apparition yesterday but fortunately it's one of those weekend ones. :bouncy:
5 more to go.
Edit: Took C0YPMD9NWPK81L3V, thanks.

Reason why I couldn't claim anything for free after Rawr-Off is because I had amigos in other countries who had purchased Rawr-Off for cheap. The game was registered in my system and status was set to "Downloaded" for MY account, despite my amigo's account being the owner. So not really an issue with No Gravity Games, but rather with how Nintendo resolves licensing.

Stupid amigos trying to save money and ending up with that karma clapback....

Reason why I couldn't claim anything for free after Rawr-Off is because I had amigos in other countries who had purchased Rawr-Off for cheap. The game was registered in my system and status was set to "Downloaded" for MY account, despite my amigo's account being the owner. So not really an issue with No Gravity Games, but rather with how Nintendo resolves licensing.

Thanks for this info Blade; haven't happened to me yet, but it is good to know. I assume that by completely deleting the amigo downloaded game (not just archiving it) the "Purchase" banner (or "Free Download" in this case) in the eshop should show up for your account.

Thanks for this info Blade; haven't happened to me yet, but it is good to know. I assume that by completely deleting the amigo downloaded game (not just archiving it) the "Purchase" banner (or "Free Download" in this case) in the eshop should show up for your account.
If any user logged onto a Switch system owns a title, it always appears as "REDOWNLOAD" as opposed to "Buy" or "Free."

If you want to purchase/claim a title that another user on your system has already purchased, you need to either:

• Remove the second account from your system. Once you do that, your own account will be able to buy the title. You can then re-add their account to the system.
  • Enter their eShop account on your system and de-register that system as their primary system. Once you exit to the main Switch menu, their purchases will no longer be playable or registered as "downloaded" for other users on the system. If you want to reactivate their "primary system" status on your Switch, just enter the eShop again with their account.
The second method is probably safer. Go to any alternate accounts on your Switch system, enter the eShop, click on profile/settings, and choose Deregister Primary Console.

For those with a Costco membership not only are $100 Xbox cards on sale for $80 but $50 eshop cards are on sale for $40. Delivered directly to your email usually within in hour. Loading up now.

For those with a Costco membership not only are $100 Xbox cards on sale for $80 but $50 eshop cards are on sale for $40. Delivered directly to your email usually within in hour. Loading up now.
for those with a giant eagle nearby they have the paypal 10$ cash back when you spend 40 promo going till the 31st.

Or just check the webstore eShop page for the game, which I don't believe knows what is owned by other accounts besides what you're logged in with.
For some weird reason, I feel like I've tried that before and it won't let you if you have access on your system -- let me check.

Yep -- if another person has downloaded it to your system, any account that is allowed to play it can't purchase it. Both the on-system eShop and the web eShop show the title as "downloaded" until you remove access to the game.

The simplest method would appear to be going to the owner's account on the Switch eshop and deregistering the console. Once you do that, the other accounts on that Switch will be allowed to purchase the game. It's easy to restore access to other titles -- as soon as the original owner logs back into the Switch eShop, it reregisters the system.

Are we talking like Gwaihir, or is there some obscure regional chain called Giant Eagle?
yeah its sorta a northeast coast to midwest grocery store regional chain I guess since it goes all the way from pa to iowa iirc with 3 or 4 different ones that vary on size and items. They also have gas stations as well. Typically in the same parking lot. The giant eagle market district ones are about the size of a walmart/samsclub/BJ'S. So think warehouse sized grocery store.

For some weird reason, I feel like I've tried that before and it won't let you if you have access on your system -- let me check.

Yep -- if another person has downloaded it to your system, any account that is allowed to play it can't purchase it. Both the on-system eShop and the web eShop show the title as "downloaded" until you remove access to the game.

The simplest method would appear to be going to the owner's account on the Switch eshop and deregistering the console. Once you do that, the other accounts on that Switch will be allowed to purchase the game. It's easy to restore access to other titles -- as soon as the original owner logs back into the Switch eShop, it reregisters the system.
So if Account A has purchased a game on the Switch, it affects Account B to the point where you can't even "buy" the game from the Nintendo web store with Account B until you de-register Account A from the console? That's wild.

If any user logged onto a Switch system owns a title, it always appears as "REDOWNLOAD" as opposed to "Buy" or "Free."

If you want to purchase/claim a title that another user on your system has already purchased, you need to either:

• Remove the second account from your system. Once you do that, your own account will be able to buy the title. You can then re-add their account to the system.
  • Enter their eShop account on your system and de-register that system as their primary system. Once you exit to the main Switch menu, their purchases will no longer be playable or registered as "downloaded" for other users on the system. If you want to reactivate their "primary system" status on your Switch, just enter the eShop again with their account.
The second method is probably safer. Go to any alternate accounts on your Switch system, enter the eShop, click on profile/settings, and choose Deregister Primary Console.
I ended up doing the first option, but I agree that the second would probably have worked out better. Thanks for the post, I just didn't see it in time.

So if Account A has purchased a game on the Switch, it affects Account B to the point where you can't even "buy" the game from the Nintendo web store with Account B until you de-register Account A from the console? That's wild.
Yep, and agreed. I'm leaving my "friend's" account off of the system until the end of the giveaway period, then re-registering it. The advantage is that it prevents you from purchasing the same game from multiple regions on multiple accounts; if you signed in under the wrong account and bought a $60 game that the other account already owned--which is highly unlikely, but I guess could happen with siblings sharing a system--then there'd be an issue.

I think it's more practical for them to give the option to request a refund or revoke a purchased item from within the transaction history on your purchases section of the Nintendo support website. You can find and view all transactions from there, but you need to wait in line with a CS rep just to ask for them to revoke your purchase. Steam does this programmatically. Parents who find that their child purchased some rated M game without permission would enjoy the programmatic method a lot more, I think.

Thank you very much keeping up with the free games, I’m sure I would have already missed one if not for your posts!

Also, not the best deal ever but I did see where you can get a 12 Month Nintendo Family sub with Pokémon Shining Pearl or Brilliant Diamond for $59.99. Certainly better deal than the game by itself at the same price.

https://www.antonline.com/Nintendo/Computers/Software_Products/Gaming_Software/1438913

https://www.antonline.com/Nintendo/Computers/Software_Products/Gaming_Software/1438912

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know of a good way to see what eShop games are Europe exclusives?

I recently came into some UK credit, and I wanted to snag some titles that didn't have a US release... but I can't find an easy way to do that. Dekudeals tags games as "Europe Exclusive", but I can't seem to search for those.

Does anyone know of a good way to see what eShop games are Europe exclusives?

I recently came into some UK credit, and I wanted to snag some titles that didn't have a US release... but I can't find an easy way to do that. Dekudeals tags games as "Europe Exclusive", but I can't seem to search for those.
If I were interested in doing this I'd probably use the list here:
https://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/nintendo-switch-list-of-all-the-games-available-all-regions/

Then copy all games released, and paste the results into a spreadsheet (OpenOffice Calc, Microsoft Office Excel, Google sheets)... and use the [ symbol as the only data separator as it would then make the second column "Europe]" and then the third and fourth the other regions. Then data sort everything first on column 2 (where Europe is) then on Column 3 (which will sort all the ones that are Europe only at the top).. and then Column 4. It should be easy to trim down the list from there.

I looked at deku deals... even on eu exclusives I know of, i couldn't see "Europe Exclusive" in any of the listings... or I could probably piece together an url that would show only those titles.

I looked at deku deals... even on eu exclusives I know of, i couldn't see "Europe Exclusive" in any of the listings... or I could probably piece together an url that would show only those titles.
I was going to submit a support request on Dekudeals, but one of the existing support tickets revealed that this functionality is already ON Dekudeals -- I just can't find a direct link to it.

https://www.dekudeals.com/japan-exclusives

https://www.dekudeals.com/europe-exclusives

BTW thanks for keeping up with the No Gravity Games giveaway. I missed one along the way and had to pay $1 whatever and that wasn't fun. I've seen most of the games as shlock, but haven't played them all. I'll likely play them all and give impressions sans the Ouja board one. I loved platformers the most in the 8/16 bit eras and even for 32/64 bit eras (had an N64 for a while before getting a PS One), before I switched over to RPGs. Hopefully that means at least the Golden one is OK. I have played one of the games recently though with that being Pool Pro Gold.

To start the graphics are average and provide a very bare bones pool game where I think you can earn money to unlock new color balls or something. I couldn't get the controls down and somehow there is a timer for moves in the single player game so I kept getting an oops middle finger you skip your turn because you took so long. I think the que moved with both the left and right z buttons, and it seemed to move a bit too twitchy and far for highly accurate shots. The music was extremely repetitive too. Once I kind of figured out the controls I got hustled by an easy AI a few times and the timer thing made me angry enough to give it the middle finger back. A relatively terrible pool game. 5/10

Langrisser is $5 cheaper than before at $19.99. That's not bad for 2 games. If you like Advance Wars or Fire Emblem, it's worth checking out the demo.

On the 3DS side, Culdcept is $4.99 again, and everyone should play it. It's Magic: The Gathering meets Monopoly.

The holiday Indie World sale is up, finally landing on a more sensible date than two days after Xmas or something weird like that like usually happens.

Some good 3DS sales too, Atlus finally doing everything at $10 or under.

I grabbed all of the remaining 3DS Atlus games I was missing.

Pretty much every single SMT game on 3DS (finished almost all of them) and got all of the Etrian Odyssey games except for the Mystery dungeon one.

The holiday Indie World sale is up, finally landing on a more sensible date than two days after Xmas or something weird like that like usually happens.
Some good 3DS sales too, Atlus finally doing everything at $10 or under.
In Japan at least, the 3DS shop will stop taking credit card payments in the new year. So other regions may not be far behind. This may be our last chance to get these games on sale unless you're sitting on a hoard of eShop credit.

In Japan at least, the 3DS shop will stop taking credit card payments in the new year. So other regions may not be far behind. This may be our last chance to get these games on sale unless you're sitting on a hoard of eShop credit.
You can always buy eshop cards and add to your credit. I have never bought from the eshop with a credit card. I usually fill up holiday time when they have sales on eshop cards (credit is shared between the different eshops as long as you linked your accounts). I just bought some of the 20% off eshop cards from Costco.

Does anyone know if I can buy something in the E shop even if I don't have the room to download it?

Are there any sd cards you guys recommend?

I want to buy all these Atlus games

Does anyone know if I can buy something in the E shop even if I don't have the room to download it?

Are there any sd cards you guys recommend?

I want to buy all these Atlus games
I don’t remember if you can on 3DS, but you should have no issue buying them from the Nintendo site:

Here’s a list on Nintendo’s site of the current discounts

As for what SD card to use, I use a Sandisk Micro SD card on the SD-size adapter it came with. Just had to format it on a computer to get it going.

bread's done
Back