Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
I bought a few things I wanted during the sale, might make some last purchases tomorrow before it ends.
So far I got:
Cyber Shadow
DUSK
Gate of Doom/Wizard Fire
Monster Sanctuary
SMT Devil Survivor Overclocked(I have all the other Atlus games I want)

Now that I picked it up I'm sure Cyber Shadow will go below 20% off in the next month or two. DUSK was also not a big discount, but I almost bought that day one so 25% was enough to get me.

Thanks for the reminder, must snag a few 3DS titles, especially ones I would like digitally since I got a number of them stored away somewhere. Though I should look into how people formatted their larger SD cards on FAT32 AND past the 32GB limit, and use it on their 3DS. (Dammit Windows for imposing that limit.)

There are too many games at great prices in that sale for me to offer specific recommendations for each one, but I just want to say that if you’re even a little into 4th generation gaming and haven’t already gotten every Sega 3D Classics you think you even might be interested in, you absolutely should. M2 really went above and beyond with these, and the super scaler arcade titles in particular really have to be seen in stereoscopic 3D, it’s a great experience. I would say easily that for most of the available titles, this is the definitive way to play them off of original hardware. The Collection at $8 is a steal, though don’t neglect individual titles outside that collection at $3 apiece.

I'm thinking of the La Mulana games, but remember playing the original on the Vita for a few hours and remember it being alright. Also likely picking up Wrestling Empire too.

You can download Mini Tool Partition Wizard to format a drive of any size to FAT32. It's quick and simple.
I used my MBP to do the formatting, it had no FAT restrictions. Ironic that it ended up causing my Switch file transfer issues though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You didn't play Metroid Dread? You did but thought 10 other games were better? Odd if that's the case. I think only Ratchet & Clank was nominated for Game of the Year out of your list. Did you play any other game of the year contenders?
Not sure what your point is here. He gave a list of his top 10 games. If you disagree make your own top 10 list?

I find Metroid Dread is overrated. I am a huge Super Metroid fan and I found Dread frustrating at times. I think Shadow Complex (A metroid inspired modern video game) which came out in 2009 is way better than Dread myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
You didn't play Metroid Dread? You did but thought 10 other games were better? Odd if that's the case. I think only Ratchet & Clank was nominated for Game of the Year out of your list. Did you play any other game of the year contenders?
I did play a good chunk of it and enjoyed it a good bit, but it was one of the last cuts I had for the last few spots. I mentioned a bunch of games at the top that I enjoyed that didn't make the cut.

I don't know what Game of the Year you're talking about since there are tons of them out there. I just put the games I enjoyed the most whether they're the big games people talk about or not.

Yup, taste is not a monolith and most of us aren’t made of free time, it’s fine if Frisky or any one of us liked other stuff better.

I did play a good chunk of it and enjoyed it a good bit, but it was one of the last cuts I had for the last few spots. I mentioned a bunch of games at the top that I enjoyed that didn't make the cut.

I don't know what Game of the Year you're talking about since there are tons of them out there. I just put the games I enjoyed the most whether they're the big games people talk about or not.
Dread was my first Metroid game, and I found it pretty frustrating honestly. Those detection dog things (whatever they’re called) ruined the game imo and I just stopped playing it.

Your list is great! I’m kicking myself for not getting Chicory when it was on sale, as it looks really unique and something I’d probably enjoy. Returnal is one I loved playing and want to finish. R&C was a great experience and just a really fun play through.

Looking forward to a stacked 2022 🍻

Dread was my first Metroid game, and I found it pretty frustrating honestly. Those detection dog things (whatever they’re called) ruined the game imo and I just stopped playing it.
You should go back and play Super Metroid. The best Metroid game in my opinion.

To be quite honest I am not a fan of MercurySteam games. MercurySteam developers clearly love the Metroid series, but they try and insert their own take on the series like they did with Castlevania. Other developers have done much better in my opinion.

Dread is a a well made game with many design flaws that suck the fun out of the game in my opinion.

This is a very idiotic post.
He's the same dude in the GameStop thread who always questioned why people would trade in their systems, while posting giant walls of text for MONTHS about how no one would buy his Spiderman PS4 on Offer Up, for only like $20 more than the GameStop trade in value

Grabbed before 2021 ended:

Chthulu Saves Christmas - Switch

Flipon - Switch

Hammerwatch - Switch

Persona Q: Shadow of Labyrinth - 3DS (2DS XL)

Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth - 3DS (2DS XL)

Pushy and Pully in Blockland - Switch

Sine Mora Ex - Switch

Super Rocket Shootout - Switch

Last night I grabbed Cuphead on the Switch, and on my 2DS XL, I got SMT IV Apocalypse, SMT Devil Summoner, SMT Devil Survivor 1+2, and Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology.

Last night I grabbed Cuphead on the Switch, and on my 2DS XL, I got SMT IV Apocalypse, SMT Devil Summoner, SMT Devil Survivor 1+2, and Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology.
I'm playing on a 2DS XL as well. Trying to decide if I want Apocalypse or Strange Journey. I have a physical copy of Apocalypse, but it's unopened...and will stay that way.

Question for launch model switch owners. How is your model holding up? I’ve been playing handheld a lot more lately due to my wife and kid taking over the tv. I’ve noticed my battery drains pretty fast, the exhaust fan is really loud, and I’m getting left joy con drift. I am playing DQ 11 which I guess is pretty taxing on the system even though the game runs smoothly. I’m just debating if I should pick up an OLED model sooner than later. Just not looking forward to having to reinstall all my games on a new system.

My battery drains about the same as ever. I already got drift at launch so I replaced the joycon with the cheap Zelda one and then later got a new set from the target deal.

You should go back and play Super Metroid. The best Metroid game in my opinion.

To be quite honest I am not a fan of MercurySteam games. MercurySteam developers clearly love the Metroid series, but they try and insert their own take on the series like they did with Castlevania. Other developers have done much better in my opinion.

Dread is a a well made game with many design flaws that suck the fun out of the game in my opinion.
Dread is by far my favorite of the 2D Metroid games. I played through most of them in 2021 since I had never played any of the 2D games after Super Metroid and after Dread at top I would rank them Zero Mission, Fusion, Super Metroid.

I really liked Dread too, but wished they have fast travel after reaching a certain point in the game.

I noticed all of the Drageus Games titles seem to be on sale for $0.01 to $0.19 each, some a little more.  Not sure if its because I already own one of their games or what.  But I just picked up a bunch to try out for virtually nothing.

This was last night before the reset, so not sure if it ended with a bunch of the other sales or not.

I thought Nintendo changed their policy on eshop sales since the cheapest games I see anymore are $1.99. I suppose the could have and it doesn't apply to targeted discounts.

Can you check the eshop and see? I haven't heard about this and those prices don't show up for me.
I didn't have any of the games that showed up when I searched for "Drageus" so I took a gamble on buying Sweet Witches for 49 cents to see what would happen. Sure enough, after buying it the rest of the catalogue became discounted, many for 1-19 cents as mentioned. They all say the sale ends in 89 days so maybe this promo just started?

Because you played a lot of Smash Bros? If you're here posting on these forums, then there's no way you're referring to sex.
how do you continue to insult people for posting on the same website you post on nearly every day? isnt there a better place you could spend your time like richassgamer.com or pompousassgamer?

I noticed all of the Drageus Games titles seem to be on sale for $0.01 to $0.19 each, some a little more. Not sure if its because I already own one of their games or what. But I just picked up a bunch to try out for virtually nothing.

This was last night before the reset, so not sure if it ended with a bunch of the other sales or not.
Looks like a loyalty discount. I have Tardy and I’m getting a bunch of 90%+ off discounts on everything else, expiring at the end of March.
Drageus tends to do wacky discounts on a fairly regular basis. They don't really publicize them anywhere that I am aware of, but you can get their stuff cheaply through these ownership discounts... the real problem is that there really isn't anything GOOD they publish that I can think of to recommend.

I told my sister about the Atlus sale when I was over at her house today helping her take Christmas decorations down, and when she came back from the Walmart run after New Year's dinner, she handed me two $20 eShop cards as an early birthday present, saying it made sense to give them to me now when the sale is active. I got Persona Q and Q2 and SMT Strange Journey, and had some left over to renew Pokemon Bank! (I just started a new save file on Black 2, after all this time, so Bank is still relevant.) And then I got home and realized I have to go over there again tomorrow because I left my bag with my Switch Lite and my 2DS XL in her living room.

The digital version of the new Mario Party is no longer on sale at Walmart. Fingers crossed it goes on sale on the eShop during the usual Nintendo January sale.

Screen Passes:

Edit: all redeemed now, removing links so no one wastes time clicking them.

Thanks, used the middle link to rent Fast & Furious 8. I just started working my way through the series and haven't seen it yet. 

bread's done
Back