Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
I applaud your effort to push through and finish off a system like the 3DS. It usually takes me ages to do that, but when I'm finally done... I'm done. At this point I'm pretty content to part with the rest of my GBA collection and a good chunk of DS/3DS... but there's a lot of DS/3DS games I'll keep (DQ & Layton games... and some select others) to replay or will wait to play later.
I have the digital Phoenix Wright trilogy on 3DS, and I'm replaying it for the first time since I played it when it first got released on individual cartridge. Just finished Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney today. Fun trip back to the past.

I decided to devote 2022 to finishing the 3DS. Some titles I'm looking forward to this year: Fossil Fighters Frontiers, Dragonball Fusions, Fire Emblem Echoes, -- finally gonna play Kid Icarus. It'll be good. 36 physical titles remaining, and maybe 10 digital.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the digital Phoenix Wright trilogy on 3DS, and I'm replaying it for the first time since I played it when it first got released on individual cartridge. Just finished Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney today. Fun trip back to the past.

I decided to devote 2022 to finishing the 3DS. Some titles I'm looking forward to this year: Fossil Fighters Frontiers, Dragonball Fusions, Fire Emblem Echoes, -- finally gonna play Kid Icarus. It'll be good. 36 physical titles remaining, and maybe 10 digital.
This reminds me how many 3DS games I still need to play. Ever Oasis is one I should start soon.

Same here. Buying all the Atlus games on sale didn't help. Devil Survivor, Soul Hackers alone would take months. Then Radiant Historia, Culdcept, Stella Glow, 7th Dragon... so many.

Same here. Buying all the Atlus games on sale didn't help. Devil Survivor, Soul Hackers alone would take months. Then Radiant Historia, Culdcept, Stella Glow, 7th Dragon... so many.
Yup same. I got all the etrian titles atlus put on sale plus radiant historia from the second sale they did. Already had devil survivor. culdcept pq 1&2 and soul hackers from the previous sales. Only ones I didn't pick up were stella glow (already owned it and didn't like it) smt 4 (same) smt4a (kinda regret not giving it a chance) and strange journey redux (doesn't sound like fun to me). I'll get to them some day. When the world ends and I emerge from the bank vault with all the time in the world.

Looks like baldurs, icewind, and never winter are all on sale. If I were to get one which should it be?
Baldur's Gate if you want a richer story, Icewind Dale if you want more monsters exploding from how powerful you are. I have the least experience with Neverwinter Nights so I can't offer an opinion on it.

Looks like baldurs, icewind, and never winter are all on sale. If I were to get one which should it be?
I spent more time playing Neverwinter Nights than any other game, but I don't know if I'd go near the Switch version. Feels like it loses out on too much that made the game great. I'm "meh" on Icewind Dale, but Planescape Torment is excellent. Baldur's Gate is good. Baldur's Gate 2 is excellent. I have no idea on the quality of any of the Switch versions, however.

ymmv but a lot of costco stores seem to have marked down the pokemon double pack to $49.97. My store still had them tagged as $79.97 but they rang up as $49.97. Item #1594424. 

Baldur's Gate 1&2, Icewind Dale & Planescape Torment still look really nice after all these years because that isometric 2D art-style is pretty timeless, but Neverwinter's blocky polygons look hideous. The game is practically unplayable imo and just really unpleasant to look at & control. It's an interesting diversion as a time capsule of a bygone era though, but so are the other games and they at least also remain fun to play, unlike Neverwinter Nights.

It sold out at my Costco warehouse but they have Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl Double pack for $49.97. 

I spent more time playing Neverwinter Nights than any other game, but I don't know if I'd go near the Switch version. Feels like it loses out on too much that made the game great. I'm "meh" on Icewind Dale, but Planescape Torment is excellent. Baldur's Gate is good. Baldur's Gate 2 is excellent. I have no idea on the quality of any of the Switch versions, however.
Agreed. Planescape: Torment is the best of them all.

I have been waiting for the DLC for Marvel Puzzle Quest PS4 to go on sale for 5 years now. Never has once. I don't know if that is just random chance that MUA 3 isn't either or if they don't like putting Marvel DLC on sale.

ymmv but a lot of costco stores seem to have marked down the pokemon double pack to $49.97. My store still had them tagged as $79.97 but they rang up as $49.97. Item #1594424.
Checked my store today. Saw Halo Infinite for $30 (don't need thanks to GPU) but no sign of Pokemon. Too bad, would have split the games with a nephew.

kinda curious if I can return the pokemon double pack that I bought for $79 at costco and rebuy it for $49 since I do not see it at my costco store anymore

kinda curious if I can return the pokemon double pack that I bought for $79 at costco and rebuy it for $49 since I do not see it at my costco store anymore
They let me do that, since they didn't have it in stock to do a price adjustment. I had to have the item, but otherwise the return and rebuy went smoothly.

They let me do that, since they didn't have it in stock to do a price adjustment. I had to have the item, but otherwise the return and rebuy went smoothly.
oh nice the one thing is I am not sure if it actually went down to $49 in my store near me is there a way to check?

My copy of Pokemon Legends is set to SHIP tomorrow from Best Buy.  Man, they used to be so much better at release day delivery, but now we tend to see games the Monday or Tuesday after.  

They probably did this since this was one of my last Gamers Club orders....

I'm just glad I took the time to go back to the GC and Wii and play the old Prime games and determine... I'm kind of over it.   I'm not sure I even finished any of the old Prime games except maybe the DS version (Hunters).

I remember hearing they had to completely start over, but I thought that was still a couple years ago. This is starting to sound like a launch game for the switch successor at this point
They announced restarting the project three years ago.
Edit: Apparently Retro was uninvolved before the restart with Bamco as the developer. It's still too long but switching devs can account for some of the lag time.

Figure I would mention it here.  Discover+amazon have 2 targeted promos. First one is 10$ off a 50$ purchase when you use your discover card reward points.  The other better promo is 30% off 50$ when you make a 50$ or more purchase using the reward points. Preordered the new kirby game for 29.84 which is pretty nice. 

Figure I would mention it here. Discover+amazon have 2 targeted promos. First one is 10$ off a 50$ purchase when you use your discover card reward points. The other better promo is 30% off 50$ when you make a 50$ or more purchase using the reward points. Preordered the new kirby game for 29.84 which is pretty nice.
Is there a link to the second targeted promo?

Is there a link to the second targeted promo?
All of them are the same link from what I understand. They have the link over on slickdeals for those that want to try it. And it's random on if you qualify for any of them or not at all. I read there's 3 promos. 10$ off, 30% off and 40% off.

Hammer Kid looks like a pretty good new game; I don't think it'll get cheaper than $3 anytime soon.

Edit: damn; looks like it was two dollars last week when it released. I only just heard about this game at all, or I would have bought it then.

Hammer Kid looks like a pretty good new game; I don't think it'll get cheaper than $3 anytime soon.

Edit: damn; looks like it was two dollars last week when it released. I only just heard about this game at all, or I would have bought it then.
This one slipped by me... I was watching this game when it was originally called Tiny Thor.

Well I have put in about 8 hours in Pokemon Legends. The game is really great. Has some breath of the wild vibes, but obviously not quite to that level. Definitely a really great direction for the pokemon franchise. My only gripe so far is that it holds your hand a bit too much, but that's true for most Pokemon games in the beginning.

Arceus is great so far. I do think some of the criticisms about graphics are fair, but expecting a mostly 2D studio to suddenly have amazing 3D visuals is pretty unfair imo.

I'm liking that it's not a game about constantly fighting random people/pokemon that you come across to grind out levels for your pokemon until you find the next big thing. That's still here, but to have some big areas to explore as you complete side quests for townsfolk and fill out the various tasks for each Pokemon's Pokedex entry that aren't all about fighting them is a nice change of pace.

My main issue so far is not being able to see a list of the Pokemon I've just caught when I've got specific missions to show people a big/small variant of a specific Pokemon, as I believe I have to go back to the camp to check that stuff. Being able to craft Pokeballs and other items on the fly and heal the party at the camp without having to run back to the town to buy/heal is a big deal. It's a nice mix of Pokemon and Monster Hunter.

I'm liking that it's not a game about constantly fighting random people/pokemon that you come across to grind out levels for your pokemon until you find the next big thing. That's still here, but to have some big areas to explore as you complete side quests for townsfolk and fill out the various tasks for each Pokemon's Pokedex entry that aren't all about fighting them is a nice change of pace.

My main issue so far is not being able to see a list of the Pokemon I've just caught when I've got specific missions to show people a big/small variant of a specific Pokemon, as I believe I have to go back to the camp to check that stuff. Being able to craft Pokeballs and other items on the fly and heal the party at the camp without having to run back to the town to buy/heal is a big deal. It's a nice mix of Pokemon and Monster Hunter.
I haven’t played much so far. Is there not a box system like Swish? You could pull up the menu and see all of your caught Pokémon.

bread's done
Back