Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
If anyone wants to do custom avatars on switch then download the demo for MiiTopia.  My avatar is Lupin the 3rd thanks to that demo.  I made the the other characters on my team as Goemon, Jigen, and Zenigata... and named the horse Fujiko.  Almost made me buy the game despite how simplistic it is because of how funny the banter was between all the guys and how fitting it even was to the anime.  Zenigata as a Popstar was great.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's mostly empty entries for demos, non-US demos, and loose carts I don't own. (Library).

I have a MUCH smaller set of actual games installed on SD.

The real pain when it comes to "fixing" this weird issue is that you can't mass "delete" titles -- you have to delete them individually.
https://nintendowire.com/news/2022/08/08/warning-if-you-have-over-2000-switch-games-on-your-console-theyll-start-disappearing/
So did Nintendo wire learn this from you and this thread? They didn’t cite any sources.

Tried to play Mario kart online but both times I joined it had me spectating races that just started. How is that possible that there aren’t games for me to join? Boo
The game tries to match you with people of your skill level so you're not getting dunked on by people with thousands of hours in the game while also not trampling newbies.

Also spectating takes like 3 minutes or less. How impatient can you be?

The game tries to match you with people of your skill level so you're not getting dunked on by people with thousands of hours in the game while also not trampling newbies.

Also spectating takes like 3 minutes or less. How impatient can you be?
In rocket league I get matched within 10 seconds.

It sources this Nintendo life article at the bottom

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/08/psa-are-your-switch-games-disappearing-you-may-have-too-many-but-you-can-fix-it

That article does shout out "David" so I imagine so.
Ah. I'll have to email them... but, yes, once I knew what was going on, I sent out a few emails. I figured this was weird, but it might be good for more people to know about the issue.

(It's worth noting that making US, Japanese, and Euro accounts and trying to download every demo in each region, just because, tends to lead to things like this. Cough. Cough cough.)

Considering how all these classic Star Wars games are getting ported by Aspyr Games, do you think Shadows of the Empire for N64 would be better as one of the NSO Expansion titles or getting a full port? I'm looking over the catalog of Aspyr's remakes, and that is a glaring omission.

Considering how all these classic Star Wars games are getting ported by Aspyr Games, do you think Shadows of the Empire for N64 would be better as one of the NSO Expansion titles or getting a full port? I'm looking over the catalog of Aspyr's remakes, and that is a glaring omission.
It's a licensed title so remaster/port or nothing.

Yeah, with Star Wars titles, I'll go by, if it has a PC version, that gets ported. That means with Shadows of the Empire, we won't get the N64's nicely hand painted art, but those janky mid 90s 3DCG cutscenes, ha!

Unfortunately, that means even though we might see a port Rouge Squadron [3D], we won't see Rouge Leader nor Rebel Strike. If we go by this.

Splatoon 3 has a card-battling game in it:

Tableturf Battle:
  • The Tableturf Battle Dojo in Splatsville’s vacant lot is the home of Tableturf Battle, a new mode in Splatoon 3. In this 1-v-1 competitive card battle spinoff of Turf War, players can ink different shapes with different cards, charge up power, then unleash it all at once with a special comeback attack. There are over 150 cards to collect.
https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/splatoon-3-makes-a-big-splash-in-new-video-preview-filled-to-the-gills-with-fresh-gameplay-and-new-details/

Not really sure what the point of a card game in Splatoon 3 is besides offering an avenue for microtransactions..
It's a cool idea but it should just be a standalone release.
It's funny because Kirby does standalone releases like that, but I wish they were just included in the original release (because they fit better as side modes imo since MP is not the focus).

Anyone use platinum coins in the Nintendo Store on the Fire Emblem Warriors memo pad this month and have it arrive? I "ordered" five items with platinum coins on July 29 but only four showed up. All five items are listed as shipped in the same box, but the FE memo pad didn't arrive. I called NOA support, and the worker couldn't even find the memo pad in inventory. Odd since the item is still available on the site right now. They'll look into it so I expect to have to call again next week...

Bought Wave Race 64 when it released.  I remember going to Toys R Us with my mom and grabbing that yellow ticket, paying, and then getting the game from the dude inside the little hut by the exit.  I faked being sick so I could stay home from school to play that shit.  My mom was so pissed hahaha

Easily one of the top 5 n64 games of all time, hands down.

Bought Wave Race 64 when it released. I remember going to Toys R Us with my mom and grabbing that yellow ticket, paying, and then getting the game from the dude inside the little hut by the exit. I faked being sick so I could stay home from school to play that shit. My mom was so pissed hahaha

Easily one of the top 5 n64 games of all time, hands down.
I have an insane amount of love for that game. So much fun to play in multiplayer with friends.

The Gamecube version was alright, but nowhere near as enjoyable as the N64 version.

I have an insane amount of love for that game. So much fun to play in multiplayer with friends.

The Gamecube version was alright, but nowhere near as enjoyable as the N64 version.
Never played Blue Storm on the Gamecube, but I do want to. Most people don't realize the first Wave Race was on the original Gameboy.

The Ace Angler sequel is coming to the US on October 28th. Digital only.

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/1559178247841144836?s=20&t=OoVqyj9-hrse9eqtKnApyg

I know PlayAsia is going to be selling physical copies of Persona 5 Royal on Switch, but I would rather get it from the eShop. Both that and the TMNT Cowabunga Collection don't show up on a search of the eShop site. And TMNT is less than 2 weeks out. Really wish they would get it in gear so I can pre-order.

I know PlayAsia is going to be selling physical copies of Persona 5 Royal on Switch, but I would rather get it from the eShop. Both that and the TMNT Cowabunga Collection don't show up on a search of the eShop site. And TMNT is less than 2 weeks out. Really wish they would get it in gear so I can pre-order.
Why preorder a digital item?

So you can preload and play it as soon as it comes out. That, and wanting to buy it while I have the funds, and not wait until last minute in the event the budget doesn't allow it.
You'd be better off if you learned to budget better because putting your self into a pinch later because you pre-ordered a bunch of stuff now seems to suggest you really shouldn't be buying the games now either.. unless you are just a kid or something that has no real bills.

I'm streaming some Cursed to Golf, a very good golf roguelike that's out now.

Edit: Here's the archive. I'm liking this golf roguelike a lot so far, especially for how the game evolves a bit as you get more time with it and learn how the different ace card abilities can be used to get around the various holes in different ways.

So you can preload and play it as soon as it comes out. That, and wanting to buy it while I have the funds, and not wait until last minute in the event the budget doesn't allow it.
But they don't charge the account or let you preload until a week before release at the earliest, if at all. TMNT is two weeks out and Persona 5 is two months out

If I want to play Kirby Dream buffet locally with 3 players and have two switches (one is primary on my account and one is secondary) do I have to buy it for both switches?

The Wii Virtual Console versions of Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles is once again on sale for $4.99 each on the Wii U eShop, if anyone's interested.

Speaking of Kirby Dream Buffet, has anyone played it yet? Is it worth it?
Bought and it's chaotic. Was it worth $15? No. Would have worked best as a free game for the online expansion pass. If it ever goes on sale I'd say it's worth picking up, just as of now it's not worth the current price

This was up over the weekend for the World Championships.  I just downloaded it, so it's still up despite the time listed.  Bulbapedia says it should be up until 11:59pm UTC today (about another 8.5 hours).

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1560763380297674752

It's literally been over a decade and they still refuse to release a legit shiny version of Victini for some reason. This would have been a great opportunity but nope lol just give em yet another regular one

bread's done
Back