Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
That's good then. It would be nice if it could wake the system, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Personally I like the Dualshock style controller layout (both sticks on the bottom) so I prefer the Pro 2.

On the subject, does anyone experience any lag on their 8bitdo controllers on Switch? I've heard a lot of complaints about it, but I've never noticed any on my end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if that bonus gold coin promo for ordering the digital Splatoon 3 applies if you buy a digital code from say Best Buy and redeem it?

EDIT:  It does

"Offer valid through 9/30 at 11:59 p.m. PT when you purchase or redeem a download code for the digital version of the Splatoon 3 game on Nintendo eShop or Nintendo.com. Gold Points are awarded based on the amount you pay (excluding tax and any points or discounts used) and have no cash value. A Nintendo Account is required to receive and redeem points. Terms apply."

Does anyone know if that bonus gold coin promo for ordering the digital Splatoon 3 applies if you buy a digital code from say Best Buy and redeem it?
Yeah that should work

"Offer valid through 9/30 at 11:59 p.m. PT when you purchase or redeem a download code for the digital version of the Splatoon 3 game on Nintendo eShop or Nintendo.com."

https://twitter.com/Nitrome/status/1564671089845932036
I, foolishly, purchased Shovel Knight Pocket Dungeon thinking it was this game... and boy, it is not for me. I gave it a good hour and a half before just deciding I'd wasted my money and moving on.

Excited for this to actually release, though!

It's probably too soon to say either way, but I certainly hope they're not suddenly deciding to crack the whip. A major part of the reason I bought a Switch was because Sony increased restrictions on these games for PlayStation releases.

Nintendo Switch – OLED Model: Pokémon Scarlet & Violet Edition

https://youtu.be/ShAaQ66TbX8

What's with charging $10 more for this and the Splatoon OLED. Such greed. 

It's pretty, but after seeing the aftermarket in custom shells for modern consoles, it kinda feels wasteful, to be honest.  Why not sell skins or shells for folks who are interested in swapping?

Damn my daughter is asking Santa for an oled for Christmas.
I'm going to have to get that pokemon one on release day.

Damn my daughter is asking Santa for an oled for Christmas.
I'm going to have to get that pokemon one on release day.
Good luck with that. Scalpers love those special edition ones so unless Nintendo actually gives it a large print they'll sell out more than likely.

Good luck with that. Scalpers love those special edition ones so unless Nintendo actually gives it a large print they'll sell out more than likely.
Not that difficult. I was able to get the sword and shield lite, diamond and pearl lite, and splatoon 3 oled all from Best Buy on release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Splatoon switch is still available at Walmart and locally around me at Best Buy. Seems like the switch demand has died down quite a bit lately. I do imagine the Pokemon version will be in much higher demand though.

Haha yeah I'm doomed.
She's a huge pokemon fan too.
I'll never understand Nintendo.
This will most likely just be the one shipment of them and they're done.

I'm interested in going ahead and buying in to try Dreamlight Valley. What I can't figure out is if the game has text for dialogue? Some things I've read and seen suggest it's not there yet. I am hearing-impaired and need to read what people say. Anyone know? 

I'm interested in going ahead and buying in to try Dreamlight Valley. What I can't figure out is if the game has text for dialogue? Some things I've read and seen suggest it's not there yet. I am hearing-impaired and need to read what people say. Anyone know?
Very minimum voice acting. Each character has like 2-5 sound bytes if that. It’s all text on screen.

I'm so confused that we have to buy in for the beta of a F2P game.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Sorry for my ignorance, as I'm sure this has been asked/answered before.  But, could anyone point me to some resources on how to back up/find my purchase history for 3ds and WiiU?  I want to make sure I start backing everything up before the store gets shut down

Sorry for my ignorance, as I'm sure this has been asked/answered before. But, could anyone point me to some resources on how to back up/find my purchase history for 3ds and WiiU? I want to make sure I start backing everything up before the store gets shut down
You don't understand. Nintendo wants you to keep buying the same stuff over and over again with new consoles in the future. They have made it very difficult for you to track your purchases on purpose. :)

Sorry, I am not sure about guides online. I am sure there must be. I seem to remember the Wii U has a redownload page somewhere on the eshop where you can redownload games you previously purchased. For the Wii U you can back up your game library and saves on an external USB drive. I have all my digital Wii U games on a 1TB external with lots of extra space available and I have a pretty large selection of digital games on the Wii U. I am not sure how Nintendo handles delisted games. I have pinball arcade tables I purchased back in the day that were delisted a while back. I will see if they show up on the redownload page when I get a chance and report back.

Pro tip, don't buy Splatoon 3 digitally from Best Buy.  They for whatever reason can't get the codes from Nintendo lol.  Waiting on my code to be sent I got for my kids.  Only reason I bought it form there was because I had a bunch of certs to use.  So fucking dumb.

Pro tip, don't buy Splatoon 3 digitally from Best Buy. They for whatever reason can't get the codes from Nintendo lol. Waiting on my code to be sent I got for my kids. Only reason I bought it form there was because I had a bunch of certs to use. So fucking dumb.
Just buy it from another store and then return the Best Buy one to that store when it comes in. /s

I had that happen a while back when Fuser came out. Best Buy had set their release date like 3 days later and that’s exactly when they sent it… r.i.p. preorder bonuses

PSA: One Piece Unlimited World Red Deluxe Edition is still on sale on the eShop for $3.99 for the next 33 hours.  That's the lowest price ever.  I don't even like anime that much, but I had previously played the standard edition on Vita and enjoyed it there, so I bought it again.  And it's a 10 GB download if that helps anyone.

Anyone here order Splatoon 3 from Best Buy digitally and actually get their code? Been 3 days and still nothing. Kids want to play the game lol.

Anyone here order Splatoon 3 from Best Buy digitally and actually get their code? Been 3 days and still nothing. Kids want to play the game lol.
Even if you ordered physical at Best Buy as I did you probably wouldn't be playing it now unless you did store pickup. Best Buy changed a while back to "ship by release day" to "received on release day". Sometimes you do get it on release day, I got Cowabunga Collection delivered on the day it came out, but that is usually not the case anymore. So I changed to store pickup for the things I want right away.

In the case of Splatoon 3, the keychain was delivered today (Fedex), but the game itself isn't scheduled for delivery until tomorrow by UPS. Best Buy's website says "delayed", but I knew it wasn't getting here this weekend when it hadn't even been picked up at the warehouse until Friday evening. UPS does say it has arrived locally and I assume will be out for delivery tomorrow morning.

I don't have any further insight on digital though, sorry. Sounds like a phone call is in order. Their forums can work if you don't get codes, but you have to wait for a response. That's fine for a DLC preorder code but for the game itself I'd want immediate action.

Yeah they also got rid of the Elite and Elite Pro tiers. Best Buy kinda sucks now. I cashed out all my certs and don't really have a reason to shop there anymore, since Amazon is almost always cheaper anyway. Sucks because they used to be my go-to even last year

Yeah they also got rid of the Elite and Elite Pro tiers. Best Buy kinda sucks now. I cashed out all my certs and don't really have a reason to shop there anymore, since Amazon is almost always cheaper anyway. Sucks because they used to be my go-to even last year
Same. I try not to give Amazon too much money but the lack of elite tiers means there’s no reason to pick BB over Amazon.

SanDisk 256GB micro SD is $40 today at Best Buy, if anyone needs one.

Edit: nevermind; guess it's not that great. They're $28 on Amazon. I haven't really looked around in a while.

bread's done
Back