Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
Local game store had a used Switch OLED. I had a stack of stuff to dump, so I ended up getting it for $10 cash. 

I don't think I'd spend $350 straight for one, but the color upgrade, and slightly longer battery life, are pretty awesome.

Idk. As I said, none of the employees had any idea what I was talking about
Supposedly in electronics but no one was there when I went and the manager didn’t even want to help. This is a mess. I reached out to them on Twitter and they responded the stores should should have them. So that was unhelpful. I did get a surveryfor that interaction, so I gave them all zeroes so that made me feel a bit better.

Picked up a couple Marshadow Codes from the electronics dept, asked the Lady for them and she pulled them out of a drawer

I got a Marshadow code yesterday even though the employees were clueless. There were four packs of them just sitting on the electronics counter, but I didn’t feel right taking more than one.

Hit 3 Targets earlier. 2 of them had restocks of the Animal Crossing amiibo cards. One had a lot of Series 1-4 packs one of the locked cases. They were in Series piles, so it was easy to tell. The other had Series 5 standing up in a case next to Sanrio packs. Couldn't see behind if there were other series and didn't bother asking anyone.

If anyone can get an extra Marshadow event distribution code for Pokemon Sword/Shield from Target, can you send me one? Tried the three Targets somewhat near me, and none of the employees had any idea what I was talking about
Check your PMs. First store (Series 1-4) had them on the electronics counter. Second store (no AC cards) didn't have them out, but when I asked about the Pokemon scratch off card, the guy dug them out of a box and removed the shrink wrap. Third store, like the Series 5 cards, didn't ask.

The fastest way to destroy your analog sticks is now live.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1587611240435798016

Last edited by a moderator:
Still can't believe they put the first Mario Party on there. Now a whole new generation of people will feel the pain of blisters on their palms

Even with the shyguy helicopter thing in minigame hut I never got blisters in the original version. So I never really got that joke.

If you didn't spin the N64 stick with a glove or sock over your hand, were you even trying to win and prevent blisters at the same time?

For anyone planning on playing Mario Party 2 over the next few days, can you let me know how it plays with joy cons or with a pro controller? Been waiting years for this game and the Pokemon Stadium titles to arrive. Hopefully a N64 controller isn't the only reasonable method of playing these titles.

I'm starting to see what people are talking about with 8bitdo controllers. I've heard a lot of comments that the Pro 2 gets a lot of lag on Switch, but I've had mine for a while now and hadn't noticed any until recently. Whenever I'm playing Rocket League I'll actually get notifications of input lag, and my performance is affected. Besides that, it has another weird issue where it won't charge at all unless I press forward hard on the charger at the point where it connects to the controller. I actually have to switch to my cheaper, less comfortable controller to play at near-full capacity.

It's a real shame, because other than those problems I really love the controller. It's very comfortable to hold, and the programmable back buttons are very useful. I prefer the symmetrical analog stick design, and the analog grips I have for my Dualshock 4 actually fit that controller as well. I suppose a wired controller would fix both of the issues I'm having, but I don't wanna fork over another $50 for it.

For anyone planning on playing Mario Party 2 over the next few days, can you let me know how it plays with joy cons or with a pro controller? Been waiting years for this game and the Pokemon Stadium titles to arrive. Hopefully a N64 controller isn't the only reasonable method of playing these titles.
I played a match last night, felt pretty natural on a Pro controller. Only thing that probably may bother you is that Z is mapped to ZL instead of ZR (or to both), but it’s minor, you pick it up right away.

Any chance nintendo does additional eShop deals for first party games or would this be it? I had $32.xx in gold coins expiring at the end of November and I forgot to get Metroid Dread :(

Some recent stuff. It's long because I've been lazy.

Eastward - $14.99 - Lowest price ever. - Looks like a nice sale. $5 less than the previous low.

Bugsnax - $12.49 - Lowest price ever. Long (30 second) load times on the Switch, but reports are that it runs decently well. It's also on gamepass and PSwhatever so you could play it there if you already have those.

Ultra Mega Xtra Party Challenge - $14.99 - This is actually a WarioWare clone! There are almost no reviews for it but here's game play video that looks pretty fun. There is also a demo. I went ahead and picked it up.

Pure Crosswords - $2.99 - Lowest price ever. The only legitimate crossword puzzle game for switch. (don't get me started on "#1 Crosswords" That game is an abomination) Pure Crosswords is very much like the crossword puzzle books you pick up at the checkout aisle of the grocery store. It has a lot of features and puzzles. And generous hint options for when you get stuck. Sadly, you can't draw the letters with your finger like on a 3DS, but the on-screen keyboard isn't that obtrusive.

I Love Finding Cats! - $1.99 - Lowest price ever.

I Love Finding Pups! - $1.99 - Lowest price ever.

New versions and sequels keep coming out and they go on sale regularly.

Hear me out... These are hidden object games, but they're very well done. There's no story, just a list of items and animals to find and it has spot-the-difference and jigsaw puzzles too to break up any monotony. It's taking me about 5 hours to complete each one. Some of the objects are fiendishly well hidden and I have to use hints fairly often. You're given a somewhat randomized list and image each time so there's replayability. And the animals are very very cute, so there's a lot of awwwing noises when I play these :lol: I recommend playing it exclusively on a large tv.

In that same vein, if you enjoy matching-tile-Mahjong type games the Clutter series is a solid pickup. You really only need to buy 1 (I prefer Clutter Extreme). Note: you will be too slow to get a good time score unless you're playing with touch controls in handheld mode.

---

And lastly, I would be remiss if I didn't mention that Ace Angler:Fishing Spirits is out already. But no launch discount, sad. I've seen some middling reviews for it, mostly due to lack of explanation on the controls. Yes, it can be random and unfair when a fish breaks the line, but the longer you keep it on the line your odds do go up. I think.

It has a ton of collectables and achievements, as well as 250 fish to catch which is impressive! I'm having a lot of fun with it but I adored the first game (and most fishing games) so I'm pretty biased.

Some recent stuff. It's long because I've been lazy.

Eastward - $14.99 - Lowest price ever. - Looks like a nice sale. $5 less than the previous low.

Bugsnax - $12.49 - Lowest price ever. Long (30 second) load times on the Switch, but reports are that it runs decently well. It's also on gamepass and PSwhatever so you could play it there if you already have those.

Ultra Mega Xtra Party Challenge - $14.99 - This is actually a WarioWare clone! There are almost no reviews for it but here's game play video that looks pretty fun. There is also a demo. I went ahead and picked it up.

Pure Crosswords - $2.99 - Lowest price ever. The only legitimate crossword puzzle game for switch. (don't get me started on "#1 Crosswords" That game is an abomination) Pure Crosswords is very much like the crossword puzzle books you pick up at the checkout aisle of the grocery store. It has a lot of features and puzzles. And generous hint options for when you get stuck. Sadly, you can't draw the letters with your finger like on a 3DS, but the on-screen keyboard isn't that obtrusive.

I Love Finding Cats! - $1.99 - Lowest price ever.

I Love Finding Pups! - $1.99 - Lowest price ever.

New versions and sequels keep coming out and they go on sale regularly.

Hear me out... These are hidden object games, but they're very well done. There's no story, just a list of items and animals to find and it has spot-the-difference and jigsaw puzzles too to break up any monotony. It's taking me about 5 hours to complete each one. Some of the objects are fiendishly well hidden and I have to use hints fairly often. You're given a somewhat randomized list and image each time so there's replayability. And the animals are very very cute, so there's a lot of awwwing noises when I play these :lol: I recommend playing it exclusively on a large tv.

In that same vein, if you enjoy matching-tile-Mahjong type games the Clutter series is a solid pickup. You really only need to buy 1 (I prefer Clutter Extreme). Note: you will be too slow to get a good time score unless you're playing with touch controls in handheld mode.

---

And lastly, I would be remiss if I didn't mention that Ace Angler:Fishing Spirits is out already. But no launch discount, sad. I've seen some middling reviews for it, mostly due to lack of explanation on the controls. Yes, it can be random and unfair when a fish breaks the line, but the longer you keep it on the line your odds do go up. I think.

It has a ton of collectables and achievements, as well as 250 fish to catch which is impressive! I'm having a lot of fun with it but I adored the first game (and most fishing games) so I'm pretty biased.
Hmm. guess I gotta get Eastward. It's technically $5 because of the GS credit double dip!

Is that pokemon oled going to be impossible to find?
My daughter plans on asking Santa for it

Been a while since the OLED first released, and we're slightly beyond the supply issues for accessories back when.

Any current recommendations for grips? In particular, grips that will fill it in a case, still be dockable without removing it, and offer at least a slight bit of protection on the OLED model?

Some of the same results are coming up when I look. Skull & Co, Satisfye. Just having a hard time deciding. I don't require an asymmetric grip and haven't tried one before, but open to it.

I feel like this is the third time I've asked about it. Obviously not been using the Switch enough to go through with a purchase yet, but still.

Edit: Limited-time deal: Benazcap Dockable Case Compatible with Nintendo Switch OLED Model 2021, Upgraded Protective Dockable Case Cover, Ergonomic Comfort TPU Grip Case for Nintendo Switch OLED Console and Joy-Con, Black https://a.co/d/gUFk3gp

If this thing doesn't suck and would fit in a case, it's exactly what I'm looking for.

Been a while since the OLED first released, and we're slightly beyond the supply issues for accessories back when.

Any current recommendations for grips? In particular, grips that will fill it in a case, still be dockable without removing it, and offer at least a slight bit of protection on the OLED model?

Some of the same results are coming up when I look. Skull & Co, Satisfye. Just having a hard time deciding. I don't require an asymmetric grip and haven't tried one before, but open to it.

I feel like this is the third time I've asked about it. Obviously not been using the Switch enough to go through with a purchase yet, but still.

Edit: Limited-time deal: Benazcap Dockable Case Compatible with Nintendo Switch OLED Model 2021, Upgraded Protective Dockable Case Cover, Ergonomic Comfort TPU Grip Case for Nintendo Switch OLED Console and Joy-Con, Black https://a.co/d/gUFk3gp

If this thing doesn't suck and would fit in a case, it's exactly what I'm looking for.
Personally I did not like the newer skull and co grip, just didn't feel right in my hands, but it could be a solid option for you as it can be docked, the grips can be easily taken off so it can fit in a case and probably offers at least a little protection. I've had the satisfying for a few different switches and even the newer versions still scratch the back of the system so I skipped them for the OLED. Honestly the best option I've found for myself personally is the hori split pad pro, but it would not offer the system any protection.

Personally I did not like the newer skull and co grip, just didn't feel right in my hands, but it could be a solid option for you as it can be docked, the grips can be easily taken off so it can fit in a case and probably offers at least a little protection. I've had the satisfying for a few different switches and even the newer versions still scratch the back of the system so I skipped them for the OLED. Honestly the best option I've found for myself personally is the hori split pad pro, but it would not offer the system any protection.
As an alternative that also doesn't meet nearly any of the OP's criteria, I recommend the satisfye if you're crazy rich, or the identically shaped and sub $20 OIVO clone:

https://www.amazon.com/Upgraded-Adjustable-OIVO-Asymmetrical-Cartridge/dp/B085VHHLGK/

It goes on sale for under $15 every now and again. Best grip, rip satisfye.

I bought this one: https://www.amazon.com/Switch-OLED-Grip-Dockable-Black-nintendo/dp/B09T6QVRKH/ref=sr_1_4?crid=2CVR5P3SA5CBC&keywords=heatfun+switch+grip&qid=1667758550&s=electronics&sprefix=heatfun+switch+grip%2Celectronics%2C104&sr=1-4

It's got thicker corner protection on the bottom but not much else. It fit in a case I had that had some extra space on the bottom (it has small ergo bumps on the back corner). It's decently comfortable, my only complaint is the top part is a little thick so it's hard to get to the card slot with my busted fingernails.

Well, got the one I linked. Probably not fitting in the carrying case I have, but I rarely bring it anywhere anyway. Thanks for the input, all.

(ignore this post)

(I saw what appeared to be a wacky deal for eShop cards, but the SECOND set of fine print ruled out "gift cards," so...)

Indie World is about to go live:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyQrcFyO_jY

Summary

• Venba - Spring 2023
  • Goodbye World - November
  • Have A Nice Death - March 22, 2023
  • Aka - December 15
  • Pepper Grinder - 2023
  • Coffee Talk Episode 2: Hibiscus & Butterfly - Spring 2023
  • Oni: Road to be the Mightiest Oni - March 9, 2023
  • Desta: The Memories Between - Early 2023
  • A Space For The Unbound - January 19, 2023
  • Dordogne - Spring 2023
  • Botany Manor - 2023
  • Once Upon A Jester - Out Today
  • Rogue Legacy 2 - Out Today
  • Blanc - February 14, 2023 - Console Exclusive
  • WrestleQuest - May 2023
  • Wobbledogs Console Edition - November 17
  • Storyteller - March 23, 2023
  • World of Horror - Summer 2023
  • Curse of the Sea Rats - Early 2023
  • Inscryption - December 1
  • A Little to the Left - Out Today
  • Sports Story - December

Double dipping Rogue Legacy 2 today. I'll give my steamdeck a break and now my kid can finally play this too.

Buying it on the Epic Games store remains a huge regret. Will buy it a third time on steam if a sale ever materializes.

bread's done
Back