Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
Hmm. Can you use eShop credit to purchase the Switch online plan?

Mine's due to expire, and I'm debating reupping my own for finding open slots on an Expansion plan to pay into for myself and my husband and our friend.

Streaming some of A Little to the Left if you want to see that game in action.

Edit: Here's the archive. It's a very good puzzle game where you're organizing household objects according to the patterns you see in them. Some of the puzzles have multiple solutions to them for some extra replay value and a good hint system if you need it. There's a daily puzzle mode with some Wordle vibes to it as it tracks streaks with little badges for getting up to 365 days completed in a row. Solid package with a nice, chill vibe to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Streaming some Once Upon a Jester if you want to see that in action.

Edit: Here's the archive. It's a fun game about an improv theater duo  hoping to steal a diamond from the king if they can do well enough in their performance to get to do a show at the king's castle. You get to scope the area to see what sort of performance they want to see or not see, which influences the choices you can make during your show. The shows are pretty fun to see how they change with the choices you make, how well you perform the various skill tests, and how the crowd reacts to the show. It also has some good comedy and bits to its characters and world.

Never seen that before. Guess it doesn't really matter to me since I have an OLED. But there are games that support that position?

Also, anyone have any thoughts on 3000th Duel? Looked like it could be good.

Never seen that before. Guess it doesn't really matter to me since I have an OLED. But there are games that support that position?
Lots of arcade games had vertically oriented monitors, most notably vertically scrolling shooters, but also things like Contra. There’s also an entire class of modern games that started out with vertical resolutions, most of which originate on mobile (like Downwell).

It's for any game that can be played in Vertical/TATE mode. Shmups, pinball, and games like Downwell.

Here's a list of compatible games:

https://www.doesitflip.com/a-z/

Some of those reviews are saying it still works with the OLED. It doesn't lock into place but it's still a snug fit.

I use a FlipGrip with my OLED without any problems.  Yes, the locking tab on the back doesn't work with the OLED model but it is a somewhat snug fit anyway and I tent to not play it upside down so I have little danger of it slipping out.  Some have reported that their FlipGrips are too tight and bow out/stretch a bit when trying to fit the OLED in it.  Must be due to a slight manufacturing tolerance difference so maybe luck of the draw if one would work for you or not.

Hello, All, not sure if this was posted earlier or somewhere else.  I didn't see it in the Target Clearance thread, so I posted there, too, and I figured it would go nicely here for everyone, as well.  If it was somewhere previously -- please forgive, if so -- and also for not having any pics, but I guess that's just not foremost on my mind maybe due to my continuing sadness at this kind of stuff always being sold out by the time I find them.  

At any rate, YMMV, but I saw that my local Target had their Nintendo branded micro SD Cards on clearance. 

The 128GB was around $6, and the 256GB was around $16 or so. 

Not sure about the other sizes like 512 or 64, as they didn't have tags for those.

Anywho, I've been looking to get a bigger card, and this is the kind of deal that I'm always hoping to find, but, alas, no go.  So, I hope y'all have some better luck out there.  May the deals ever be in your favor.  All my best to you and your families.  Take care out there.

Pocket Mini Golf 2 is 99 cents if you own one of their games. (Qubic Games) I don't know which one, but it works for me. It is on sale for $2.49 right now.

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/pocket-mini-golf-2-switch/
Actually, it looks like all Qubic Games are currently discounted to 99 cents if you own another -- I'm checking on it right now, but I'm getting the 99 cents price for every one I'm loading up...

Edit: Every is 99 cents EXCEPT for:

• Death's Hangover (no discount)
  • Eufloria HD (3.99)
  • Beautiful Ukraine (no discount)
  • Loud (2.99)
  • Pocket Mini Golf (39 cents)
  • Tharsis (5.99)
  • Sheep Patrol (no discount)
  • Monster Bugs Eat People (no discount)
  • Puzzle Book (39 cents)
  • Laser Kitty Pow Pow (no discount)
  • Grid Mania (no discount, but 99 cents)
  • On Nom Nom all DLC (4.79)
  • Puzzle Book - All DLCS (no discount)
  • Robonauts (39 cents)
  • Pocket Mini Golf: Hole in One (no discount)
  • Rekt: The Forge, Rekt: Double Flip (no discounts)
  • Mana Spark Complete Edition (no discounts)
  • One Strike: Complete Edition (no discounts)
The Bit Trip games are all 99 cents as an owner discount...

Actually, it looks like all Qubic Games are currently discounted to 99 cents if you own another -- I'm checking on it right now, but I'm getting the 99 cents price for every one I'm loading up...

Edit: Every is 99 cents EXCEPT for:

• Death's Hangover (no discount)
  • Eufloria HD (3.99)
  • Beautiful Ukraine (no discount)
  • Loud (2.99)
  • Pocket Mini Golf (39 cents)
  • Tharsis (5.99)
  • Sheep Patrol (no discount)
  • Monster Bugs Eat People (no discount)
  • Puzzle Book (39 cents)
  • Laser Kitty Pow Pow (no discount)
  • Grid Mania (no discount, but 99 cents)
  • On Nom Nom all DLC (4.79)
  • Puzzle Book - All DLCS (no discount)
  • Robonauts (39 cents)
  • Pocket Mini Golf: Hole in One (no discount)
  • Rekt: The Forge, Rekt: Double Flip (no discounts)
  • Mana Spark Complete Edition (no discounts)
  • One Strike: Complete Edition (no discounts)
The Bit Trip games are all 99 cents as an owner discount...
Weird. I'm seeing full price on everything I'm clicking on for Qubic. Wonder if the ones I'm looking specificlally at (Good Night, Knight and Chop) are ones you own that you just weren't able to see a price on.

Many of those exceptions are from last years christmas event thing where you got a game every day for free as long as you claimed the game of the day and didn't miss any.   I'd wait and see if they do another promo unless there was something really great among the current sales.

Well actually turns out the only game checks all three boxes for me (want it, don't have it, is currently discounted) is Timothy and the Mysterious Forest. It's just 99 cents so I'll go ahead and get it.

I'm streaming some McPixel 3, if you want to see it in action. It's a WarioWare-esque manic silly game built around spoofing MacGyver-style puzzles.

Edit: Here's the archive. It's still as fun as the original game was. They give you a decent-sized area to explore to find new sets of stages to complete, but it seems like the game wants you to do a bit of grinding for currency to keep unlocking new sets of stages. You get currency from finding all of the bits in each of the handful of stages you get at a time and a bonus for finding them all, so there's a bit of adventure game logic required to finding all of them.

Weird. I'm seeing full price on everything I'm clicking on for Qubic. Wonder if the ones I'm looking specificlally at (Good Night, Knight and Chop) are ones you own that you just weren't able to see a price on.
No, you can view the current discounts even if you already purchased a game -- just view the web eShop -or- web version of your wishlist. I have all of those prices visible to me right now.

[attachment=37496:wishlist.png]

I think the trick is that we're not entirely sure WHICH Qubic games are unlocking the discounts.

No, you can view the current discounts even if you already purchased a game -- just view the web eShop -or- web version of your wishlist. I have all of those prices visible to me right now.
wishlist.png

I think the trick is that we're not entirely sure WHICH Qubic games are unlocking the discounts.
That's probably it then. I have a couple things I bought like Akane, Dex and a few others before and I have a couple from freebies.

Maybe a weird question, but does anyone know how long after release the Nintendo store allows the purchase of physical copies of games? I was planning to get Pokemon from there to get some platinum coin freebies but it's not up yet.

Maybe a weird question, but does anyone know how long after release the Nintendo store allows the purchase of physical copies of games? I was planning to get Pokemon from there to get some platinum coin freebies but it's not up yet.
I would think they’d have it for a year or two. If you’re referring to collecting gold coins from the physical cart, I think those expire a year after release date. I know I’ve picked up some clearance games that didn’t give coins cause they were over a year past release.

I would think they’d have it for a year or two. If you’re referring to collecting gold coins from the physical cart, I think those expire a year after release date. I know I’ve picked up some clearance games that didn’t give coins cause they were over a year past release.
My question wasn't clear - I meant when would the physical copy show up for purchase on the Nintendo store after the release date...which was apparently sometime between after I posted that and now since it is now available.

Various publishers sales going on:

Square Enix's sales:

https://www.nintendo.com/search/?p=1&cat=gme&sort=ta&f=softwarePublisher&f=topLevelFilters&softwarePublisher=SQUARE+ENIX&topLevelFilters=Deals

Koei Tecmo sales (Atelier Ryza 1/2):

https://www.nintendo.com/search/?p=1&cat=gme&sort=ta&f=softwarePublisher&f=topLevelFilters&softwarePublisher=KOEI+TECMO+AMERICA&topLevelFilters=Deals

Bandai Namco sales:

https://www.nintendo.com/search/?p=1&cat=gme&sort=ta&f=softwarePublisher&f=topLevelFilters&softwarePublisher=BANDAI+NAMCO+Entertainment&topLevelFilters=Deals

Take-Two sales:

https://www.nintendo.com/search/?p=1&cat=gme&sort=ta&f=softwarePublisher&f=topLevelFilters&softwarePublisher=Take-Two+Interactive&topLevelFilters=Deals

2K sales:

https://www.nintendo.com/search/?p=1&cat=gme&sort=ta&f=softwarePublisher&f=topLevelFilters&softwarePublisher=2K&topLevelFilters=Deals

Private Division sales:

https://www.nintendo.com/search/?p=1&cat=gme&sort=ta&f=softwarePublisher&f=topLevelFilters&softwarePublisher=Private+Division&topLevelFilters=Deals

Focus Entertainment sales:

https://www.nintendo.com/search/?p=1&cat=gme&sort=ta&f=softwarePublisher&f=topLevelFilters&softwarePublisher=Focus+Home+Interactive&topLevelFilters=Deals

ININ Games sales (shmups and such):

https://www.nintendo.com/search/?p=1&cat=gme&sort=ta&f=softwarePublisher&f=topLevelFilters&softwarePublisher=ININ+Games&topLevelFilters=Deals

Activision Blizzard sales:

https://www.nintendo.com/store/sales-and-deals/catalog/

WB Games sales:

https://www.nintendo.com/search/?p=1&cat=gme&sort=ta&f=softwarePublisher&f=topLevelFilters&softwarePublisher=WB+Games&topLevelFilters=Deals

Fellow Traveller sales:

https://www.nintendo.com/search/?p=1&cat=gme&sort=ta&f=softwarePublisher&f=topLevelFilters&softwarePublisher=Fellow+Traveller&topLevelFilters=Deals

Merge Games sales:

https://www.nintendo.com/search/?p=1&cat=gme&sort=ta&f=softwarePublisher&f=topLevelFilters&softwarePublisher=Merge+Games&topLevelFilters=Deals

When AREN'T they selling Zaccaria pinball packs for a fraction of their standard MSRP? Apparently there's not much love for Italian pinball.

When AREN'T they selling Zaccaria pinball packs for a fraction of their standard MSRP? Apparently there's not much love for Italian pinball.
If there were a SMALLER fraction of their original price, I'd pick them up -- but they never seem to go lower than 60% of their full price, which seems a bit much.

Got 2 Switches in the house now so I tried playing local multiplayer downloading a game from my main account on both and running it from different profiles, and it’s refused to connect on every single one (tried Mario Kart 8, Uno and Groove Coaster).

Am I doing something wrong here or does Nintendo just hate families with siblings?

The impression I got from Nintendo is that local multiplayer is for an individual unit only, otherwise it would be online multiplayer for multiple units. I could be wrong of course

The impression I got from Nintendo is that local multiplayer is for an individual unit only, otherwise it would be online multiplayer for multiple units. I could be wrong of course
There’s also local system-to-system local play (via Bluetooth?) for up to ~8 Switches, which is surprisingly little-supported for a portable.

Got 2 Switches in the house now so I tried playing local multiplayer downloading a game from my main account on both and running it from different profiles, and it’s refused to connect on every single one (tried Mario Kart 8, Uno and Groove Coaster).

Am I doing something wrong here or does Nintendo just hate families with siblings?
Local multiplayer doesn't work because the account holder's non primary switch needs an internet connection to establish the authentication to the game license.

If you use network based play it will work. Local multiplayer will not

Snagged Mario Party Superstars and Fire Emblem Three Hopes off of Amazon digitally.

$30 for Mario Party and $40 for Fire Emblem.

I was waiting for the eshop to go on sale with the deals but I guess its retailer only.

bread's done
Back