Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
Bought 2 of the Costco $40 for $50 eshop cards today. So $100 credit for $80. Immediately bought the vouchers and preordered the new Zelda and Advance Wars. Solid deal right there.

Is Metroid super limited or something? My Amazon preorder was delayed by 3 weeks, and I finally was able to check locally and found nothing. Target said they have yet to receive it at all.

Is Metroid super limited or something? My Amazon preorder was delayed by 3 weeks, and I finally was able to check locally and found nothing. Target said they have yet to receive it at all.
For now just seems to be in short supply. Lately the way Nintendo releases go it may even out in time, especially since Metroid hasn’t been advertised as limited as far as I’m aware.

Nope, looks like they upped the limit. Page says limit 3. Valid through 3/3. They probably also have the 4 x $25 (100) pack on sale in store because the disclaimer says check in warehouse for that. I can’t check until Friday though.
I was there today and they weren't marked down. Just the $50 cards on dot com.

Can anyone recommend a good replacement battery for my 3DS? It’s the new 3DS.

Even though the battery bar is filled the on led will flash red and shut down.

The official batteries from Nintendo are $24 after tax and shipping. Or you could get one off ebay/Amazon for around $11 but you run the risk of getting old or defective stock. I've held off getting one for my original 3ds for those reasons, but I offered to let my SIL and nieces borrow it, so now I'm probably going to try to get one off ebay.

If you go that route too I'd say try to find listings with recent positive reviews and you should be ok.

Last edited by a moderator:
The official batteries from Nintendo are $24 after tax and shipping. Or you could get one off ebay/Amazon for around $11 but you run the risk of getting old or defective stock. I've held off getting one for my original 3ds for those reasons, but I had offered to let my SIL and nieces borrow it, so now I'm probably going to try to get one off ebay.

If you go that route too I'd say try to find listings with recent positive reviews and you should be ok.
I would buy off ifixit over picking up from an eBay seller. I picked up a battery for my Wii U gamepad and it is excellent. It will cost more than eBay, but it will work properly.

Thanks. I’ll check out ifixit and if they’re not that big of a savings, go to Nintendo direct.

Edit: I couldn’t find a replacement battery for the New Nintendo 3ds on the Nintendo site.

On a separate note, how are vouchers used? I don’t really want Zelda so can I get a code and sell it? I have tons of Eshop credit thanks to GameStop and I only really want pikmin 4. (Though I haven’t even started pikmin 3)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. I’ll check out ifixit and if they’re not that big of a savings, go to Nintendo direct.

Edit: I couldn’t find a replacement battery for the New Nintendo 3ds on the Nintendo site.

On a separate note, how are vouchers used? I don’t really want Zelda so can I get a code and sell it? I have tons of Eshop credit thanks to GameStop and I only really want pikmin 4. (Though I haven’t even started pikmin 3)
Vouchers are tied to your account. Can't gift anything with Nintendo eShop.

I'll trade you your $5 eShop code for my $5 Microsoft code if you want.

Battery wise I got a 3ds one from vgp along with a few other accessories for 5$. Not sure if it's the right Battery for your own though.

I've been looking around for a battery for my standard size New 3DS for a good while. I've seen a few on ebay and some other sites, but I've heard that not all brands are created equal.

I believe this one was recommended to me before.

https://www.batteryclub.org/Goods/ECN12127_CA_OTH-KTR-003-Nintendo-Battery.html
Ifixit has one for $18 and they’re pretty reputable. I just wanted to bug OEM from Nintendo site if I could.

@freezetime - I already have them all redeemed to my account.

The limit is 2 per transaction. In the past (not this time) I've bought 4 and didn't have issues. YMMV.
I made a account but says membership only? I don't see a spot to even add it to the cart. I was going to buy 2 $50 cards for $80 that's a no brainer if you have a switch and play it any at all. Wish it had worked out.

I made an account but says membership only? I don't see a spot to even add it to the cart. I was going to buy 2 $50 cards for $80 that's a no brainer if you have a switch and play it any at all. Wish it had worked out.
Yes, you have to have a Costco membership to buy these. If you aren’t a Costco member there is no workaround.

The vouchers are tied to your account and iirc make 2 purchases free from the list of eligible games.
They last a full year, so you can buy the vouchers now, use one on Pikmin 4, then use the other on any other game added to the list between now and late February 2024, even if the game’s release date is after the voucher expiration.

The vouchers are tied to your account and iirc make 2 purchases free from the list of eligible games.
They last a full year, so you can buy the vouchers now, use one on Pikmin 4, then use the other on any other game added to the list between now and late February 2024, even if the game’s release date is after the voucher expiration.
I only buy games digitally that I want to play over and over. Or if it’s dirt cheap. Pikmin is just stretching it. I wonder if there’s gonna be a ring fit 2 or another mario party type game.

Mario Kart 9 is just never going to happen huh

Oh well at least we're getting more Birdo representation, the DLC might be banned in Republican states though you might have to check

Good news. Sounds like Nintendo is releasing more stock of Metroid Prime remastered soon. Hopefully that will end some of the profiteering.

bread's done
Back