Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
Has anyone seem any reviews for Composer World? https://www.nintendo.com/us/store/products/composer-world-switch/

My kid uses MuseScore to compose and I don’t know if this would be a fun supplement or would it be too simplistic.
Best I could find is this article on Nintendo Life:

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2023/10/composer-world-is-the-spiritual-successor-to-mario-paint-composer-weve-dreamed-of

Perhaps some real reviews will pop up soon since it's brand new.

The games they don't currently have on sale are the ones that are likely to be part of this promotion.:

Pandemic Shooter
Creepy Tale 2
Body of Evidence
Splashy Cube
/Connection Haunted <SERVER ERROR>
Star Horizon
Nonograms Prophecy
Dream Alone

All of these have been given away before. We can probably rule out Splashy Cube, Star Horizon, and Nonograms Prophecy as they don't fit the Halloween theme.
Body of Evidence is today's game: https://www.nintendo.com/us/store/products/body-of-evidence-switch/

I have had a Switch for a few months now, but I haven't really messed with it much after buying a PS5.

For someone who played a ton of Monster Hunter World and Rise on PS5/Series X, how would Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate on Switch compare?

Is there a specific day of the week that the eshop deals get renewed like the weekly PSN/Xbox sales?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had a Switch for a few months now, but I haven't really messed with it much after buying a PS5.

For someone who played a ton of Monster Hunter World and Rise on PS5/Series X, how would Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate on Switch compare?

Is there a specific day of the week that the eshop deals get renewed like the weekly PSN/Xbox sales?
It's currently on sale for $10 digital. So if you're a big Monster Hunter fan it may be worth your time. But the Switch will probably feel like a downgrade if coming from those other consoles. Temper your expectations and get used to long load times. You may also want to consider buying an 8Bitdo USB adapter so you can use your PS/Xbox controllers. Official or non-official, Monster Hunter will destroy every controller ever put out for Switch :razz:

Thursdays, though sales can start any day of the week.

I haven’t played Generations yet, but World and Rise are both highly streamlined experiences compared to earlier entries in the series, so you can expect the gameplay to feel a little less conducive to just getting into each successive hunt, if that’s something that matters to you. It will likely have a slightly higher learning curve (which may not be a big deal if you’re already experienced with World and/or Rise), and more emphasis on the stuff between missions, like farming. It won’t have the same emphasis on worldbuilding that World did (which so far has had the most detailed, naturalistic environments of any game in the series), and Rise has the fastest-paced gameplay of the series with all of its zipping around the map and the ways it lets you interrupt monsters, so don’t expect anything quite like the same degree of player mobility.

That said, Generations Ultimate has the most content of any game in the series so far, offering more monsters and more maps than Rise + Sunbreak. It’s also an odd duck within the series at large: in some ways, it’s a lot like Rise in that it was a non-main-series experiment with giving the player access to a lot of new, off the wall combat options—many people have described its combat styles as giving it the most anime feel of any game in the series, though Rise probably gives it a run for its money in that regard. Graphically it’s going to be a big step down, since it’s a port from the 3DS, where World and Rise were made for HD-capable consoles from the start. Personally, I’d have loved to give it a shot, but I’m still waiting for a lower price on the Switch, and they never released GU in English on 3DS.

Next game in the Halloween giveaway is free now Dream Alone. No games have given away this year have been new games not given away by them before.
Yea, /Connection Haunted <SERVER ERROR> is the only game this time I didnt already have. Of all of these free games I think there was one that I played for more than a few minutes that wasnt terrible. :p

We all know these free games are junk and that is why they are free. Would it be better if they were posted in their own “eShop games that are free and junk” thread? Of course. Will that never happen and instead people give me a hard time for writing this? Yes.

We all know these free games are junk and that is why they are free. Would it be better if they were posted in their own “eShop games that are free and junk” thread? Of course. Will that never happen and instead people give me a hard time for writing this? Yes.
This is for eShop deals. I consider a game that usually costs money being free to be a deal (regardless of the games quality) so they should be posted here. Maybe someone younger reading this thread can find some enjoyment out of the freebies.

This forum is actually one of the safest places to rant and give reviews about things. Myself and MysterD review games we play, others review demos, people say hey I'm playing this and this is what I think and plenty of times it does help. FFXVI moved up my backlog list with most saying it was the best FF in a while, while I haven't cared for FFs since likely X.

We are CAG and even if stuff is free we might not take it.  It could be poop free and not this game is older or there is a sequel coming out, or given away for whatever.

No Gravity Games publishes generally shovelware or low effort games, but there are certain good games in their catalogue too. I know I did try Pandemic Shooter last year and it gave me about 5 minutes of entertainment, even though most of that was saying how it felt relatively awful to play. 

I can tolerate random crappy free games but what bugs me about this giveaway is the spamming EVERY DAY when a fresh turd is dumped and people spam the Internet to provide free marketing for it. 

Just like I said last time, this dumbass conversation disrupts the thread more than actual deals and free games do. Nobody gives a shit whether you like them, because someone out there will. The thread is not tailored to you specifically.

We should have a daily reminder of how to use the ignore feature.  

Click on your profile, then edit my profile, then click 'ignore' preferences and type in the name of the user you wish to ignore.  

Only feature I wish existed would be that posts for ignored users would be not show up when quoted, but it's easy enough to skip past.  

Damn, missed Sunday's game on my secondary account. Had it on my main though so was able to get today's. :bouncy:

The games they don't currently have on sale are the ones that are likely to be part of this promotion.:

Pandemic Shooter

Creepy Tale 2

Body of Evidence

Splashy Cube

/Connection Haunted <SERVER ERROR>

Star Horizon

Nonograms Prophecy

Dream Alone

All of these have been given away before. We can probably rule out Splashy Cube, Star Horizon, and Nonograms Prophecy as they don't fit the Halloween theme.
Going by this list, the last game is Creepy Tale 2.

I had gone through and played at least some of each of the no gravity games that had been given out at one point and posted feedback.  Some of them are decent enough and could be used just as a mental break when between playing bigger games.

Nova-111 which has been free has like 7's and up in review scores.  I found it pretty well made and fun and still have it installed.

Wreckin' Ball Adventure, I found it actual fun and the reviews are pretty good.  This is one I still have installed.

Strike Force Kitty was pretty heavily panned in reviews but I got some fun out of it.  Pretty sure I deleted it, but mainly because I wasn't really in the mood for this kind of platformer.

Nonograms Prophecy was barebones but for free nonograms/picross ... I thought it was worth grabbing.  I think I finished a lot of this before zapping it from my switch.

Supersonic Tank Cats was pretty horrible ... but also the kind of horrible that cracked me up for the short time I played it before deleting it.

I think there were a few more I found decent.  Maybe Exorder?  It's hard to remember them all... but Nova-111 and Wreckin' Ball Adventure sprang to mind as well wroth my time as just something to decent play between major games.

Nonograms Prophecy is a broken piece of shit Picross clone that is probably awful for colorblind people. Easily the worst of the dozen or more Picross clones I've played on the switch and the only one I haven't beaten every puzzle because a few of them just don't work at all.

Nonograms Prophecy is a broken piece of shit Picross clone that is probably awful for colorblind people. Easily the worst of the dozen or more Picross clones I've played on the switch and the only one I havne't beaten every puzzle because a few of them just don't work at all.
I had to stop playing because it was ruining my Picross logic

A pretty solid group of new games for switch online. Devil World being Miyamoto's first console game (and Intelligent Systems worked on it) and it's basically Pac-Man with a maze that gets moved around on you. Castlevania Legends is a step up from the Adventure games. Muramase Castle is a take on the original zelda formula.

Three classic titles are now live for #NintendoSwitchOnline members!

#NES:
☑️ The Mysterious Murasame Castle
☑️ DEVIL WORLD

#GameBoy:
☑️ Castlevania Legends pic.twitter.com/e8SnsA9a2m

— Nintendo of America (@NintendoAmerica) October 31, 2023

I had to stop playing because it was ruining my Picross logic
It's just such a bad game that doesn't understand what a good puzzle is and loves to use multiple similar colors that can be hard to discern for a non-colorblind person. I beat all of the puzzles I could just to not feel like I wasted the pennies I spent on it.

Meant to play Mario Wonder this weekend, but got completely sucked into the Cult of the Lamb free trial. I did not expect to like that game as much as I did. The combat wasn't very good (very floaty and terrible hit detection) and performance on Switch isn't the best, but the town sim portion was amazing. I downright no-lifed it and beat the main story in three days. I feel bad for not actually buying it lol but if I ever do get the urge to play again, I'll buy it then. Just like, can we not have so many people asking me to let them eat poop? That was really gross.

Started Wonder last night and it's really fun. I prefer 3D Mario games over 2D ones, so that's going to color my opinion of the game a little bit, but this is the most fun I've had with a 2D Mario game since 3D Land on 3DS. Its aesthetic and imagination is a big improvement over the U games, which are good, but can get a bit bland. One thing I thought of while playing: it reminds me very much of a Kirby game. The worlds have combinations of basic levels, combat trials, badge challenges, and other kinds of minigames, a lot like Kirby worlds, and some of the level gimmicks and character transformations make me think of things I've seen in Triple Deluxe, Return to Dreamland, and Forgotten Land. I think that helps make the game feel so refreshing and since Kirby is, in my opinion, a perfect game series, taking inspiration from that is very cool.

Spider-Man 2 may be my GOTY, but I really loved Tears of the Kingdom and Mario Wonder could charm itself even higher, so I still can't decide yet. And I keep forgetting Theatrhythm Final Bar Line came out this year, and that may be my GOTY. This has been a great year for gaming.

Streaming those new NES and Game Boy games on NSO if you want too see them in action.

Edit: Here's the archive.

Devil World is one of Shigeru Miyamoto, Takashi Tezuka, and Koji Kondo's games from before Super Mario Bros. that never came over from Japan. It's a Pac-Man clone where the maze screen moves around to keep you on your toes as you pick up crosses that let you collect all of the pellets on the screen to finish the level. After that, you do a similar stage where you grab bibles from corners of the screen to cover the sides of the "demon jail" square, which sends you back to a pellet-collecting stage that gets a bit tougher as you keep going. Solid game.

The Mysterious Murasame Castle is a top-down action game as you navigate the map taking down ninjas and other enemies while trying to find the end area. It's tough upfront, so use the rewind and save states to help get more familiar with how action and the power ups work along with a guide if you tend to get lost. It's pretty decent once you get some good powerups and get a handle of the combat, but it's not anything amazing.

Castlevania Legends is a late Game Boy Castlevania game that Igarashi expelled from the timeline, but the game itself is a standard classic Castlevania game well past when those were in fashion. Rewind and save states help get around its rough spots, but it's merely an all right game at this point with the collection always on sale.

Spider-Man 2 may be my GOTY, but I really loved Tears of the Kingdom and Mario Wonder could charm itself even higher, so I still can't decide yet. And I keep forgetting Theatrhythm Final Bar Line came out this year, and that may be my GOTY. This has been a great year for gaming.
While I haven't played it yet, there's also the XC3 Future Redeemed from this year.

While I haven't played it yet, there's also the XC3 Future Redeemed from this year.
What's keeping that one out of the running for me is, despite my opinion that the pure gameplay of Xenoblade 3 and Future Redeemed is very good, I really didn't like their stories. I know it's a really unpopular opinion, but I just feel all the previous games had better, more engaging stories. But the games themselves are just so much fun to play and I'm still looking forward to my obligatory NG+ run for 3 once the Noah and Mio amiibo come out (might as well have every costume for it lol). Still, if you really enjoyed 3, you'll love Future Redeemed. It's a lot like the Torna expansion for 2 in that it's more of the same, yet with a unique spin on the combat to keep it fresh. Very, very fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-kASUEEXn8

Not the going out with the bang it should have been but at least it comes out in 8 days.
Rosalina’s Ice World is a shocking choice considering it’s widely seen as one of the most mid tracks in the series. It also never showed up in any of the datamines or leaks so it must’ve been a last minutes decision. Bowser’s Castle 3 is the highlight for me tho. I love when they remake SNES and GBA tracks and we definitely needed at least one more Bowser level.

Any recommendations on cheap, preferably digital-only (or digital version is significantly cheaper) games/DLCs to get? I have 121 gold points expiring at this end of this month and 352 more in the next few months.

There are still a few Smash character packs I don't have but I don't really play the game that much.

As far as the staple Switch indies go, I already have: Among Us, Celeste, Donut County, Enter the Gungeon (on PS4), Hades, Hollow Knight, Inside, Limbo, Sayonara Wild Hearts, A Short Hike, Undertale (on Steam), Untitled Goose Game

Any recommendations on cheap, preferably digital-only (or digital version is significantly cheaper) games/DLCs to get? I have 121 gold points expiring at this end of this month and 352 more in the next few months.

There are still a few Smash character packs I don't have but I don't really play the game that much.

As far as the staple Switch indies go, I already have: Among Us, Celeste, Donut County, Enter the Gungeon (on PS4), Hades, Hollow Knight, Inside, Limbo, Sayonara Wild Hearts, A Short Hike, Undertale (on Steam), Untitled Goose Game
Super Cyborg is good. It's like $2.50 right now

Anyone interested in splitting an online family membership?

I did the last two years with another CAG member and other guys with zero issues. Expired and some of the members aren’t responding.

Two of us now. Looking for up to six more to get cost down.

I did the last two years with another CAG member and other guys with zero issues. Expired and some of the members aren’t responding.

I might be interested but I don't fully understand how it works, does it matter that I've had a single membership in the past that is now expired? Do you do it with the expansion pass too or just the base? I'm in the US if that matters.

Prior membership wouldn’t matter if expired.

Family membership with up to 8 people. I think $11 a year if we have a full group. Includes the expansion pass.

Prior membership wouldn’t matter if expired.

Family membership with up to 8 people. I think $11 a year if we have a full group. Includes the expansion pass.
Do you have to be online in order to use the pass like if it were a gameshare? If not, I'd be interested.

Count me in if you can. I can PayPal my share whenever, just message me with the info once you have enough people.

bread's done
Back