Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
What, they don’t track 3DS usage? Because I can tell you right now, my most played game there this year was Twilight Menu++.
Nope not anymore. old systems (vita ps3 for sony wiiu 3ds for Nintendo) they stopped tracking a year or two ago if not longer. I only know because I played atelier rorona last year and meruru and noire this year.

I probably have enough playtime for Pokémon and Trails from zero to register these at least this year. I'm working so much I only have my days off for gaming and usually I need to do errands laundry and stuff so that doesn't allow for much time. Additionally I dropped some titles like dq8 and lost Odyssey because of bugs in the former and an unbeatable boss battle in the latter.

1702499461809.png
1702499481035.png
I think I had Prime on the pause menu a lot because I did not play it for that many hours. The others seem right though. I still haven't played Wonder yet. What a great year of gaming between all 3 consoles!

19 Games - 397 Hours

First Game of 2023 - Mario & Rabbids: Sparks of Hope

1. The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - 84 hrs
2. Octopath Traveler 2 - 72 hrs
3. Mario Kart 8 DX - 69 hrs (nice)

MK8 has been in my top 3 every year since I got a switch. If they did it for wii u back then it would’ve showed up there too 😅 my forever GOAT

The top 5 were probably rounded out with Fire Emblem Engage and Pikmin 4. Or maybe Monster Sanctuary snuck in there instead of one of those two.

Solid switch year. Just think, maybe this time next year switch 2 games might start showing up in our 2024 wrap-up…

I played 25 games for over 950 hours, wow!

Top 3:
-Tears of the Kingdom (duh): 229 hours. I actually caught COVID right before this game came out, so all I did for like 2 weeks was play this and sleep lol
-Theatrhythm Final Bar Line: 83 hours. Seriously a contender for my GOTY, I was a major whale and bought the super premium edition so I'd have all the songs. The FFXVI DLC they just dropped is sick.
-Atelier Ryza 3: 81 hours. Not as good as the first two games, major letdown of a finale.

I played 25 games for over 950 hours, wow!

Top 3:
-Tears of the Kingdom (duh): 229 hours. I actually caught COVID right before this game came out, so all I did for like 2 weeks was play this and sleep lol
-Theatrhythm Final Bar Line: 83 hours. Seriously a contender for my GOTY, I was a major whale and bought the super premium edition so I'd have all the songs. The FFXVI DLC they just dropped is sick.
-Atelier Ryza 3: 81 hours. Not as good as the first two games, major letdown of a finale.
Well that's disappointing for ryza 3.

Ff theaterhythm curtain call I bought all the dlc songs before the store closed. But I git in on the 100 eshop for 67 or so deal so I didn't spend that much out of pocket at least. But I'm crazy about that game and the first. I wish they'd port the new one and kh and dq ones to phones since Nintendo and Sony have given up on the handheld market.

All of these No Gravity games seem to be just good enough to look like they're worth having but ultimately really poor imitations of popular games that don't really understand what makes those games compelling. Catlord is possibly the first objectively bad Vampire Survivors clone I've ever played and we live in a world where even a cheesy Nicolas Cage movie has a compelling VS clone.

Pretty much, Picklock was my personal highlight when it first came out, it was pretty decent freebie. It is a play and forget it. But even still, all the free games from these kind of giveaways have a "my first game" kind of quality that does make me think, "if they change this up a bit, it would be better." Not "This sucks, delete it." Although...

I also get what Frisky was saying about Nonogram Prophecy, it's a barely functioning title with less than intuitive controls that buck the usual trend, highlights are somewhat hard to see, and the "game feel" just isn't good when compared to the Picross series. If there was one thing it did right, it's that it has touch control when compared to Picross. Not sure if the later installments of the Picross series on Switch has added touch controls.

TOTK is their GOTY. I have my issues with the game but no doubt that it's incredible!

I'm trying to move some games to my SD card but Switch is not letting me.
At first it said there was two gigs available on the SD card but when I went to move data between system microSD card, it won't let me and says there's not enough free space.

I Googled the problem and a reddit thread said to archive some old games and demos I don't really play anymore. I did that and now have 6.1 Gigs available and it still will not let me transfer to the SD card. Still says not enough free space. What in the world is going on? I have 1.4 gig on the system memory and I would like to free up some space and transfer to the SD card.

I'm trying to move some games to my SD card but Switch is not letting me.
At first it said there was two gigs available on the SD card but when I went to move data between system microSD card, it won't let me and says there's not enough free space.

I Googled the problem and a reddit thread said to archive some old games and demos I don't really play anymore. I did that and now have 6.1 Gigs available and it still will not let me transfer to the SD card. Still says not enough free space. What in the world is going on? I have 1.4 gig on the system memory and I would like to free up some space and transfer to the SD card.
Wait... which titles are the ones you want to move?

Not sure what that has to do with anything. The SD card says there's not enough space available. I can't even choose a game. I can only move games from the SD card to the system memory.
Sounds like your card is corrupted that the free space isn’t made available for content. You may have to format… but I would try a system reboot first, maybe with the card ejected and then again after inserting it. I had this happen to my first memory card and it ended up being too slow for the switch and it ended up very corrupted. Swapped to a bigger and higher speed card. And I bought from a store, so no chance of a Shanghai special fake from Amazon or something like that.

……….

Played some Catlord for a couple hours (didn’t intend to play it that long) and found it a perfectly acceptable mini version of Vampire Survivors. Not sure what the fried was with it. I managed to eventually level up enough to dominate the first map and the two after were pretty easy which I finished the bosses on the first try on each of them and almost had enoughcurrency to max outeverything and buy all of the extra skins. So I played another couple games and finished everything possible.

Also reinstalled Nonary Games and gave it a whirl as I remember it being fine. Other than the occasional time it didn’t mark clear the correct number, it seemed to work well. I finished 5x5 and the next group and a half. Ended up unlocking color mode so gave that a couple puzzles. Seemed fine to me. It’s not punishing if you mark the wrong cell or something. Controls with my pro controller seemed fine. I did like that you can just hold the button for coloring and move around and it would bring up a counter for each piece. Not handy on the smaller puzzles but likely good for the bigger ones.

i forget what todays game was, but I grabbed it and looked through what iisnt on sale from No Gravity Games. Looks like there should be other games new to these free giveaway chain events. Cool.

Sounds like your card is corrupted that the free space isn’t made available for content. You may have to format… but I would try a system reboot first, maybe with the card ejected and then again after inserting it. I had this happen to my first memory card and it ended up being too slow for the switch and it ended up very corrupted. Swapped to a bigger and higher speed card. And I bought from a store, so no chance of a Shanghai special fake from Amazon or something like that.
It's a Sandisk 128GB A1 V10. I think I bought it at Target. I can pay games off the SD card just fine. I restarted the console with and without the sd card. It still says not enough free space. I have downloaded some of the free no gravity games to it so it's functioning in those aspects.

I played Suika for a while; it's so simple yet so fun. For three dollars I may actually buy it.
I am not super familiar with Switch demos. Is this just a small sample of the full game or is this the entire thing? If this is the whole thing I would not pay money for it. Zero options. Not even an option to turn the volume down. The sides occasionally break and your drop cursor flies through to the other side. If this is just a small taste and for $3 there is a full working game I would love to pick it up. The concept is a lot of fun but just needs to be finished.

I am not super familiar with Switch demos. Is this just a small sample of the full game or is this the entire thing? If this is the whole thing I would not pay money for it. Zero options. Not even an option to turn the volume down. The sides occasionally break and your drop cursor flies through to the other side. If this is just a small taste and for $3 there is a full working game I would love to pick it up. The concept is a lot of fun but just needs to be finished.
Game trials from Nintendo are the whole game, so you download it and have a week to play as much as you want. When the trial ends, you keep your save file, but the game can no longer be launched unless you buy it. I actually beat Cult of the Lamb during its game trail recently and kind of felt bad for not buying it lol

But yeah, I really like Suika Game, but I can understand its lack of features being a turn off. And I agree the hyper-sensitive edges of the box are really annoying and I wish I could disable the ability to scroll. There's no time limit, so I don't care if I have to move all the way back to the other side. There's a free version you can play in your web browser, so $3 is really only getting you the ability to play it on Switch (as well as the pieces looking like actual fruits and the looping music). I chucked the 3 bucks at them because I thought the game was cute lol

Game trials from Nintendo are the whole game, so you download it and have a week to play as much as you want. When the trial ends, you keep your save file, but the game can no longer be launched unless you buy it. I actually beat Cult of the Lamb during its game trail recently and kind of felt bad for not buying it lol

But yeah, I really like Suika Game, but I can understand its lack of features being a turn off. And I agree the hyper-sensitive edges of the box are really annoying and I wish I could disable the ability to scroll. There's no time limit, so I don't care if I have to move all the way back to the other side. There's a free version you can play in your web browser, so $3 is really only getting you the ability to play it on Switch (as well as the pieces looking like actual fruits and the looping music). I chucked the 3 bucks at them because I thought the game was cute lol
That is what I thought but then after thinking about the lack of anything in Suika I thought maybe I was wrong and it was just a condensed version. Would love to see a full game made out of this though.

If my card got corrupted for some reason, it's just odd that I can still play games off it, move games from it and download games to it still. Right now, I think a work around is to archive the games I want to move from the SD card to my system, power down my Switch. Take out the SD card. Power back on the Switch. Redownload those games to the system storage. Power down the Switch again. Put the SD card back in. Pain in the butt but that's all I can think of right now.

Today’s free NGG game is Make War which apparently I already own thanks to another giveaway I’m sure. It will probably sit in my backlog for a few more years, or until it’s given away for free again and I’m reminded that it exists.

If my card got corrupted for some reason, it's just odd that I can still play games off it, move games from it and download games to it still. Right now, I think a work around is to archive the games I want to move from the SD card to my system, power down my Switch. Take out the SD card. Power back on the Switch. Redownload those games to the system storage. Power down the Switch again. Put the SD card back in. Pain in the butt but that's all I can think of right now.
Another possibility is that the cards fake. Since I heard that counterfeit cards don't have the memory amount they say they do and I have run into one from Amazon a few years back for my psp.

It could also be that just a specific allotted number of it is blocked from usage for whatever reason.

Another possibility is that the cards fake. Since I heard that counterfeit cards don't have the memory amount they say they do and I have run into one from Amazon a few years back for my psp.

It could also be that just a specific allotted number of it is blocked from usage for whatever reason.
If it is a fake card, why was I able to move everything to it right when I got it? Why am I able to play games off of it right now? Why am I able to move games from the SD card itself? If it was a fake, none of those things would be possible.

Fake cards are often simply not the size specified; for example a 1GB card could be advertised (and even show up on a PC) as a much higher size, but will not store any data beyond its actual size.

If it is a fake card, one of the signs is that it might just overwrite any existing data in a loop. If it's a real card, I'm thinking possible bad sections on the card, rendering parts of it unreadable or rewritable.

Fake cards are often simply not the size specified; for example a 1GB card could be advertised (and even show up on a PC) as a much higher size, but will not store any data beyond its actual size.
Again, it was at 2.1 GB left when I first wanted to move around the games from the card to my internal. After archiving some games, it went to 6GB left. I downloaded some of the free nogravity games to it and now it's at 5.7 GB. So it was and still is storing games.
If it is a fake card, one of the signs is that it might just overwrite any existing data in a loop. If it's a real card, I'm thinking possible bad sections on the card, rendering parts of it unreadable or rewritable.
I don't see how it's fake as I have put big sized games like, Resident Evil 5 and 6, BOTW, Mario Odyssey, Super Mario All Stars, Paper Mario Origami King and much more on it and have play games off it. Even if it's not a true 128 GB like it says, why is it all of a sudden showing not enough free space when it's been working perfectly fine up until now? I have over 100GBs of games on it. I know that because I went through the list of games on the card and added up the space. If the card somehow went bad, is there anyway to fix it? It does work but just not the function I need it to right now.

Last edited:
Sadly, once a sector goes bad, it's toast. Though given you mentioned it's 5.7GB now. What game were you trying to download before? Not sure if the Switch's download method is like this, but something like a 5GB game might need up to about 8-10GB for install purposes.

Not sure what that has to do with anything. The SD card says there's not enough space available. I can't even choose a game. I can only move games from the SD card to the system memory.
I'm curious as to how large the games are you're trying to move.... however, if it won't give you the option to move ANYTHING, it sounds like the Switch is convinced the SD card is full.

I'd suggest copying all pictures off of it, then using a flash memory tester program on your computer to see if the SD card is good and what the capacity is. Those generally delete all data on the card, so you'd have to download everything again, but it would help you determine if the card is at fault or the Switch...

Sadly, once a sector goes bad, it's toast. Though given you mentioned it's 5.7GB now. What game were you trying to download before? Not sure if the Switch's download method is like this, but something like a 5GB game might need up to about 8-10GB for install purposes.

I'm curious as to how large the games are you're trying to move.... however, if it won't give you the option to move ANYTHING, it sounds like the Switch is convinced the SD card is full.

I'd suggest copying all pictures off of it, then using a flash memory tester program on your computer to see if the SD card is good and what the capacity is. Those generally delete all data on the card, so you'd have to download everything again, but it would help you determine if the card is at fault or the Switch...
People seem to be confused so I guess I'm not describing the problem clear enough so here's a picture

Attachments

• 20231216_212357(1).jpg
    20231216_212357(1).jpg
    671.8 KB · Views: 28
Oh right, you want to transfer stuff from one to another. After rereading the entire thread of this again, unfortunately, at this point I'm stumped as to what's going on aside from all the other possible option of what might be causing it. Seems like we've exhausted all possible options, unless there is something I'm missing.

----

As for Suika Game, I've played a few other versions, with the one of the free online versions. It took me a while to get use to how the bounce and physics work in the Switch version, and it was so bouncy that one time, it caused a combo that ricocheted a cherry from the bottom to the top of the screen, instant game over. (I should send that to Highlight Reel or something.)

Last edited:
Again, it was at 2.1 GB left when I first wanted to move around the games from the card to my internal. After archiving some games, it went to 6GB left. I downloaded some of the free nogravity games to it and now it's at 5.7 GB. So it was and still is storing games.
I wasn't giving you an answer to your problem; I was just explaining the "fake" card confusion.

What? It is a full game. For $3 it has entertained me for hours.
It is a good proof of concept for sure. Maybe I missed something but all I saw was one "level" that you can redo. Nothing is ever different. I used to play the demo for Parappa the Rapper for hours but it was still just two levels and not a full game.

It is a good proof of concept for sure. Maybe I missed something but all I saw was one "level" that you can redo. Nothing is ever different. I used to play the demo for Parappa the Rapper for hours but it was still just two levels and not a full game.
It’s a $3 full price puzzle game. Are you expecting character development from the fruits?

It’s a $3 full price puzzle game. Are you expecting character development from the fruits?
It is not a full game. It is one board (that breaks every so often). No options. Even if it had different backgrounds and music playing after you finished each board that would be something. If this is what you consider to be a full game that is wonderful, for me it is just a good start but nowhere near a full game. All the smart-ass comments from you will not change my opinion about this.

I was just expecting there to be something more than the free web version (other than graphical improvements), which I was under the impression was a demo. As for what to expect for the cost, we live in a world where Vampire Survivors was $3, it's basically impossible to judge the value of games now.

Supersonic Tank Cats is today’s free NGG game. Had this game already too, but this one I actually played. It’s about as bad as it looks. I can usually squeeze out some enjoyment from any kart racer, but it just controls weird and is clearly a port of a a low-budget phone game. It makes Garfield Kart seem AAA in comparison.

These No Gravity guys really love cats tho.

Does anyone know which games enable the discounts for the extremely cheap Drageus Games titles? On one of my Nintendo accounts, I was able to buy games such as Archaica: The Path of Light, Debtor, Moon Raider and Super Cyborg for less than 30 cents each, and I would like to do so on my other Nintendo account.

bread's done
Back