Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
People seem to be confused so I guess I'm not describing the problem clear enough so here's a picture
Oh, I get the problem -- all I can come up with is:
  • Your SD card is corrupted somehow, and the reported free space doesn't match actual free space. Or something.
  • You're trying to move software that is BIGGER than the available space on the SD card -- that doesn't appear to be the case.
  • There's some sort of weird unknown factor that kicks in when you have limited amount of system space and try to move a huge file. I mean, that seems unlikely, but I suppose it's possible you don't have enough internal flash memory to act as a cache for what's being moved?
  • Your Switch is having issues.
All I can think of at this point is to replace the SD card and see if a new one works. If it DOESN'T, it's probably the Switch. If it DOES, it's the SD card.

You -might- be able to "defragment" or do a checkdisk utility on your card on a computer. Worst case scenario, you format your SDHC card and redownload everything.

Really, while it's a PITA to redownload stuff, at least the saves are stored on internal memory. So other than screenshots/videos and the random few demos that are pulled from the store and not re-downloadable (Valkyria Chronicles 4, Tiny Metal Full Metal Rumble, etc)... there's not much that would prevent me from just doing a format. And heck, any important stuff... just delete something that is easy to redownload from internal memory and move it over to internal memory before formatting the card. But before formatting, I'd delete enough to have 2x the storage needed to move the game over to the micro sd card. Just to be sure. But if it's a corruption issue, you probably won't be able to do it then and the only fix is a full format and some good luck.

I actually think I'll pass on Suika, at least for now. I can play the game on my phone for free anytime, so I might as well stick with that.
That's totally fair. I bought it on Switch because I absolutely hate playing games on my phone and will always go with a console/PC version if available. Hopefully they eventually update the Switch version to include some more boards or something.

Really, while it's a PITA to redownload stuff, at least the saves are stored on internal memory. So other than screenshots/videos and the random few demos that are pulled from the store and not re-downloadable (Valkyria Chronicles 4, Tiny Metal Full Metal Rumble, etc)... there's not much that would prevent me from just doing a format. And heck, any important stuff... just delete something that is easy to redownload from internal memory and move it over to internal memory before formatting the card. But before formatting, I'd delete enough to have 2x the storage needed to move the game over to the micro sd card. Just to be sure. But if it's a corruption issue, you probably won't be able to do it then and the only fix is a full format and some good luck.
On top of it, I'd recommend backing the SD Card up on a PC, space pending there, of course.

Oh, I get the problem -- all I can come up with is:
  • Your SD card is corrupted somehow, and the reported free space doesn't match actual free space. Or something.
  • You're trying to move software that is BIGGER than the available space on the SD card -- that doesn't appear to be the case.
  • There's some sort of weird unknown factor that kicks in when you have limited amount of system space and try to move a huge file. I mean, that seems unlikely, but I suppose it's possible you don't have enough internal flash memory to act as a cache for what's being moved?
  • Your Switch is having issues.
All I can think of at this point is to replace the SD card and see if a new one works. If it DOESN'T, it's probably the Switch. If it DOES, it's the SD card.

You -might- be able to "defragment" or do a checkdisk utility on your card on a computer. Worst case scenario, you format your SDHC card and redownload everything.

On top of it, I'd recommend backing the SD Card up on a PC, space pending there, of course.
What a mess. I have to point out that AGAIN, people that are telling me the game I want to move is too big, as you can see from the picture, there is not even an option to move a game to the SD card. All I can do is move games FROM the SD card TO the system memory. I don't know why it's so difficult to understand the problem. I can't click on the SD card to even try to move a game from the system memory.
All that formatting and other stuff sounds like too much work. I will likely just delete and then redownload and take out the card every time. For the short term anyway.

Last edited:
Sounds to me like a corrupt card, fake card, or the file size you're trying to move is too big. Check and see if you can move files from the card to system memory. Might need to format it.

This is one of those times where everyone is giving exactly the correct answers going off of the information that's been provided and you're freaking out about it.
See that's where the disconnect is. What are people thinking the problem is? I obviously messed up the wording but then simplified it. Then I showed a picture and people are still confused.

What a mess. I have to point out that AGAIN, people that are telling me the game I want to move is too big, as you can see from the picture, there is not even an option to move a game to the SD card. All I can do is move games FROM the SD card TO the system memory. I don't know why it's so difficult to understand the problem. I can't click on the SD card to even try to move a game from the system memory.
All that formatting and other stuff sounds like too much work. I will likely just delete and then redownload and take out the card every time. For the short term anyway.
Had a new samsung 128GB card bought from their own site go bad on my sister's switch in 2 months. Was doing exactly what you're describing and eventually the switch couldn't read it anymore. I went with a sandisk after and that one has been working fine.

Well this one is a Sandisk so maybe I should go with a Samsung:ROFLMAO:
I don't know if the brand mattered but after it went bad I didn't want to try a samsung again. On PC trying to copy or delete stuff on the card wouldn't let me. It was acting like the lock tab was turned on. Only had a regular SD card do something similar years ago. Sometimes you just get a bad card it happens 😞

On the subject of the actual thread, anyone tried playing Wonder with a younger kid controlling Yoshi or the other no damage character?

On the subject of the actual thread, anyone tried playing Wonder with a younger kid controlling Yoshi or the other no damage character?
I suck at platformers so I am the one playing Yoshi with my daughter. Problem is if you end up too far from each other you end up dying. Basically she jumps down to an area that you should be able to reach, but i’m too far back so the screen can’t scroll and she dies.

I suck at platformers so I am the one playing Yoshi with my daughter. Problem is if you end up too far from each other you end up dying. Basically she jumps down to an area that you should be able to reach, but i’m too far back so the screen can’t scroll and she dies.
Ah that's a shame but good information, thanks.

Not trying to be a dick here but the Switch is telling you that there isn't enough free space on the SD card to move any of the games viable on the system memory. As mentioned, some games have to be in system storage and can't be on the SD card.

Similarly my options is greyed out on my switch just like your but that's because I don't have any games in system memory that can be moved.

That's why they are asking about the game size in system memory. Delete something big enough on the card and it will become an option that you click on.

Gamefly has Detective Pikachu Returnes (used) for $34.99

Reviews are fairly negative because it's a lot of story and I guess not a ton to do in the world, but for collectors looking to add this... probably the cheapest it'll be for a while. And Gamefly used will come complete without stickers on the box or any shenanigans GS used.

Had a new samsung 128GB card bought from their own site go bad on my sister's switch in 2 months. Was doing exactly what you're describing and eventually the switch couldn't read it anymore. I went with a sandisk after and that one has been working fine.

Yeah, pretty much how mine went except I never let it get so far that it wasn't readable and at least managed to backup my screen shots. Not sure what happened. Maybe it overheated or something. I've had similar happen with a few jumpdrives over the past decade.

Looking through all the No Gravity Games not on sale, Splashy Cube & Star Horizon are giving a "Whoops!" error page on the eshop. Possibly a sign these are the two games for tomorrow's finale that their pages are down.

The other games not on sale, Primal Light, One True Hero, Cyjin: The Cyborg Ninja, Graviter, Apparition, Strike Force Kitty, & Pirates: All Aboard!

Not trying to be a dick here but the Switch is telling you that there isn't enough free space on the SD card to move any of the games viable on the system memory. As mentioned, some games have to be in system storage and can't be on the SD card.

Similarly my options is greyed out on my switch just like your but that's because I don't have any games in system memory that can be moved.

That's why they are asking about the game size in system memory. Delete something big enough on the card and it will become an option that you click on.
I think I finally understand what users mean by that. You just put it in a way that made it clear for me. The smallest game on my system storage is Metroid Prime Remastered at 6.7 gigs. Because the card only has 5.7 gigs on it, this Switch is telling me there's not enough space to move any game on my system storage, instead of having both options available. That's what was throwing me off because when it says there's not enough space on the card, I see that the card has 5.7 gigs so in my brain, I'm like there's plenty of space on the card why can't I move anything.

You have solved the mystery even though others here solved the mystery before but just didn't put it in a way that clicked for me. Nintendo does things differently as usual. I would always expect both options to be available but then when I would try to move a game it would then tell me that said game cannot be moved because there's not enough space on the SD card. By removing that option for me, I was thinking something was wrong with my SD card.

I think I finally understand <snip>
Not the result I was expecting, but glad you figured out what it was.
Marvel Studios Wow GIF by Disney+

If Splashy Cube and Star Horizon is the grand finale, it's okay, I guess. Not sure on Splashy Cube, but Star Horizon is a worthy grand finale for the most part, since it is one of their "big" games. Even though I didn't really enjoy it, the game feel just isn't there.

I didn’t get in early on the giveaway. But was kinda wondering if Nova-111 was worth the $1.99 it is now.

It’s one of their better games. Decent reviews, nice artstyle for once, and the gameplay is solid I guess. I thought it was very boring when I played it on vita, but I tend to really dislike these kind of artsy 2d exploration/puzzle games. But yeah, it really does kind of stand out among their catalog as not being shovelware or a slight mobile phone game.

Reactions: awp
HUH. Looks like those errors on the eShop page (on browser) was a fluke. No Gravity's grand finale is Primal Light and Cyjin: The Cyborg Ninja. No idea if they are good or not. But will say, Primal Light's 16-bit pixel art looks really good.

HUH. Looks like those errors on the eShop page (on browser) was a fluke. No Gravity's grand finale is Primal Light and Cyjin: The Cyborg Ninja. No idea if they are good or not. But will say, Primal Light's 16-bit pixel art looks really good.

Really surprised they ended up giving us two new games. Went ahead and set them to download this morning and will check both of these out later.

May have to finally snag Chained Echoes, since I've heard amazing things about it. Sea of Stars discount is pretty pathetic, so I'll definitely wait on that one. Also interested in Atelier Marie Remake deluxe edition, which comes with the original PS1 game fully translated, but I have like 9 other Atelier games I need to get to so I should probably refrain lol

May have to finally snag Chained Echoes, since I've heard amazing things about it. Sea of Stars discount is pretty pathetic, so I'll definitely wait on that one. Also interested in Atelier Marie Remake deluxe edition, which comes with the original PS1 game fully translated, but I have like 9 other Atelier games I need to get to so I should probably refrain lol
I am in a similar situation. Still need to finish 2 games in dusk, and all the games after that. Though I have been playing ryza 1 and outside of the graphics and larger maps the game feels like a backstep in every other way. Especially quick travel being locked to bill boards which defeats the purpose practically.

Sea of Stars is on both Gamepass and PlayStation+ extra so I’m skipping buying it and playing it on the PlayStation.
I bought Trombone Champ for my kid because she wanted that.
The other one wants Dave the Diver but I’ll be purchasing that Christmas Eve so she’ll see it on the Switch Christmas morning.
May buy Night in the Woods For myself.

They're calling this a "Holiday sale", so the End of Year sale should still be forthcoming. Probably the middle of January :laughing:

The other one wants Dave the Diver but I’ll be purchasing that Christmas Eve so she’ll see it on the Switch Christmas morning.

That's sweet! There's been a lot of positive buzz for that one. And they just put out free dlc too.
--

Here's some all-out-of-order highlights. You guys post your finds too, please. I have eshop credit to burn 😁
FX pinball tables
FX3 tables
DAVE THE DIVER - $15.99
A Tiny Sticker Tale - $7.49
A Little to the Left - $9.74 The dlc is $5.09
Picross (1-9) - $7.99 each
Mineko's Night Market - $15.99
Star Wars Pinball - $10.19
Chicory: A Colorful Tale - $9.99
KLONOA Phantasy Reverie Series - $9.99
Ultra Mega Xtra Party Challenge - $2.50
Lil Gator Game - $11.99
Blossom Tales: The Sleeping King - $3.74
Blossom Tales II: The Minotaur Prince $8.99
CrossCode - $5.99
KeyWe - $8.49
Trombone Champ - $8.99
AI: THE SOMNIUM FILES - $7.99
Boy Bob Blob - $9.74
DEEMO - $11.99
Spelunky - $4.99
Firewatch - $4.99
Penko Park - $4.41
Yoku's Island Express - $3.99
Yooka-Laylee - $3.99
Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair - $2.99
ONE PIECE Pirate Warriors 3 Deluxe Edition - $4.79
STORY OF SEASONS: A Wonderful Life - $27.49
Monster Hunter Rise - $15.99
PowerWash Simulator - $19.99
Minute of Islands - $1.99
A Short Hike - $4.79
Pupperazzi - $11.99
Baba Is You - $10.50
WAKU WAKU SWEETS - $1.99
Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled - $13.99
DEMON'S TILT - $5.99
Hungry Shark World - $1.99
Super Chariot - $1.99
Grindstone - $7.99
Off The Road Unleashed - $4.79
Rabbids: Party of Legends - $9.99
Pure Pool - $4.99
Strikey Sisters - $2.99
VOEZ - $10.00

Last edited:
Which Deemo is the one worth getting, Deemo or Deemo Reborn?
Also, anyone know if there is a difference between the switch version of One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 Deluxe and PS4? I was going to grab it on PS4 with the season pass for $8, but I don’t see a season pass for switch. Any help is appreciated!

Last edited:
Just a reminder that other retailers like Best Buy, Humble, Gamestop, etc have matched some of the sale prices. Check Deku Deals to see if any of them carries the game you're buying. They will send it to you as a download code, so helpful for gifting. Plus, you get the full retail value of the game in gold coins when you redeem it.
-

Also, Bomb Chicken went on sale today for $5.99. It's worth mentioning since it only goes on sale once a year. It's at an all time low.
Now if only Chicken Journey would go on sale...

Last edited:
I'm looking at some eshop games to buy; can anyone give any feedback on these?

Crown Trick
Earthlock
Grimvalor
Marco & the Galaxy Dragon
Monster Sanctuary
Rogue Heroes

I played Crown Trick on the PC and it's a turn based rogue like game with a lot of good ideas. One of them is the choice of elementals I think that influence your playthrough. One of the special things is the that attack patterns of enemies are choreographed, so you can have actions that dodge the attacks such as a leap. I did most of the things in 23.9 hours according to Steam getting 42/48 achievements. I loved the game and had a lot of fun with it. It's turn based, so it should be fine on the Switch as well. Very highly recommended if you want to learn an actually good rogue like that has come out more recently. I believe I wrote a review somewhere on CAG when I beat it. I'll try to find it.

Here is my original review for it on PC. I revised my grade to a 7.5/10 which in my book is a good game on the verge of being a very good game.

Now Rogue Heroes I played for about an hour and a half on the PC. This one I thought was the pits. First of all unless you're doing co-op all the time the balance is pretty bad for a solo player and requires you to grind more than usual. In face most of this game was grinding a whole lot. It had a pretty generic somewhat floaty Legend of Zelda like feel (like Link to the Past). I didn't play this one much or get anywhere close to beating it. I lost interest, but for co-op it would likely be an okay but not great experience. Not recommending that one.

Last edited:
I'm looking at some eshop games to buy; can anyone give any feedback on these?

Crown Trick
Earthlock
Grimvalor
Marco & the Galaxy Dragon
Monster Sanctuary
Rogue Heroes

I played Earthlock and Monster Sanctuary.

Earthlock is alright. It’s kind of got mid vibes and doesn’t do anything unique as far as turn-based jrpgs go. I would say it looks and plays like a PS1 rpg, but it’s super short. The thing that I remember the most was the way you level up characters was pretty enjoyable- you place cards on a grid for stat bonuses and skills, so your team is moderately customizable. I maxed everyone out before the final battle without any grinding though. Apparently this game got a really massive free update that changed everything about it, to the point where it became a completely different game. It was really terrible & broken before afaik, but now it’s just a decent, by-the-numbers little time waster. It ends pretty anticlimacticly too, like it’s setting up a sequel, but I believe the developer changed course and the next game in the Earthlock universe turned out to be an island survival / cozy farming game or something lol.

Monster Sanctuary otoh is a real hidden gem. I don’t want to just say it’s better than Pokemon, because that’s such a low bar that literally any monster taming rpg clears these days, but it’s also better than most Metroidvanias. Because that’s what it is- a perfectly executed hybrid of monster taming rpgs and Metroidvanias. If you like both these genres you will be in heaven playing this game. It really looks and feels like a long-lost GBA game that would’ve been one of the system’s best.

You get a team of 6 monsters, but only 3 can fight at a time, and unlike Pokemon that has a lot of filler monsters there is nothing like that here. Even monsters that evolve are still useful in their base forms as evolutions tend to be more like form or role changes that give you different skill trees. Every single monster I came across seemed like they would be useful in some way or part of a certain team, and there’s over 100 of them (and there are light and dark forms of each ones as well, with different stats and unique passives). The team building in it is so damn satisfying. The turn-based battles revolve alot around buffing and debuffing, and there are a huge number of different ones that can interact with each other, and some monsters are able to stack some of the same buffs/debuffs for massive effects. There are elemental strengths/weaknesses sure but they’re not as important as in Pokemon. Overall just a really fun and meaty battle system to dig into.

And the Metroidvania part of it is really well-done too. The usual moves you get that let you explore more of the map come from your monsters. Breaking walls, hovering, swimming, etc. All your monsters are available to use not just your battling team, so there’s no swapping HM slaves like in Pokemon. Exploring is fun and easy, with some tricky platforming and puzzles off the beaten path. The music is also surprisingly great- lots of chill ear worms while running around alongside energetic battle tracks.

It’s been one of the indie game highlights for me in recent years. I am definitely keeping an eye on the developer’s upcoming game Aethermancer, which is more of a rougelike take on monster taming, as these guys really understand what makes the genre addictive.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input. I think I'll go ahead and get Crown Trick and Monster Sanctuary for now; still have time to decide on the others.

If anyone else wanted to get Monster Sanctuary, it's on sale at Amazon for the same price as the eshop, and you'll get the full gold coin value that way.

Picked up a copy of Bomb Rush Cyberfunk last week from Bestbuy (not on sale) and finished it this morning. I don't know how many hours I put into it.. probably 25? I can check later. I spent a lot of time exploring. It does have the occasional game crash when loading after finishing a chapter and going back to the main base, but I didn't lose any progress so I learned to live with it as it happened so rarely. The charm, music, and overall quality of the experience was right up there with Jet Grind/Set Radio and Jet Set Radio Future. The soundtrack is beyond great. I'm really surprised they were able to take that formula, expand it with bikes and skateboards and make it all just work so well with a story and everything.

bread's done
Back