Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
Wii bought back one of my favorite genres to a home console, arcade shooters, so I bought a few. Ghost Squad, House of the Dead OVERKILL, LA Machinegun and Gunblade NY, it was a blast. Thankfully, a lot of the motion controlled games I found were pretty good. Some just feel tacked on like Twilight Princess and Okami (but the brush abilities, those are good.). Some are a good compliment, like Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition*. And some that just feel off without like, like No More Heroes with the finishers, and Skyward Sword's swordplay.

*For Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition, how many knew that the game is Gamecube controller supported? I don't think I remember reading it in the manual, and only the box said it's Classic Controller supported. I heard about it from someone else, who said, "The Wiimote's battery ran out and I instinctively grabbed the Gamecube controller, which was hooked up. Thought to myself, this wouldn't work, it's not listed, but lo and behold, I'm playing the game with the Gamecube controller." And also, interestingly, the game is easier on the Wiimote. Why? No recoil.

I preferred playing Xenoblade with the Wiimote + Nunchuck. But to be honest that may have come down to personal choice, since neither that nor the classic controller felt fully optimized and I had already been used to the Wiimote before I tried the latter.

I loved the GC and Wavebird controller. The library was pretty solid. I wouldn't consider it anywhere near a flop with nearly 22 million systems sold and a solid library of originals/exclusives. That's pretty much where the Xbox Series X/S is right now, minus the library of exclusives.

Durring the Wii, I was mostly not getting enough tv time to really dedicate to much time to console gaming and mostly played handhelds. But I bought most of the major games for it and my kids had a great time with it (and I occasionally played it with them). It was a pretty huge success for Nintendo. I still have a backlog of games to play and when Walmart was liquidating the Mario character themed Wii controllers that had the motion plus built in that were marketed for the WiiU, I grabbed a bunch of them.

IF the Switch 2 has BC with the Switch carts and digital purchases... I think it'll do really well as Nintendo is usually pretty good for franchises I enjoy and getting enough exclusives to make it a mandatory purchase.

I liked waggle. Obviously it was a gimmick, and like any gimmick attached to something popular, it was overused very poorly by scads of shovelware developers (and even a few non-shovelware-developers), but I never really got bored of motion controls. Wii Sports is easily the most fun I’ve had with any sports game. I’ll readily grant I’m not a big fan of sports games, but Wii Sports was just a great pick up and play casual experience that you could easily drag others into. My experience won’t be universal, but Twilight Princess’s motion controls made the side activities in that game come alive in a way that no other Zelda game has done for me. Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 for Wii is the most fun I’ve had with an anime licensed game, and almost as much due to the sheer dumb fun of miming a kamehameha as the solid game underneath—and I want to stress here that I’m not even a DBZ fan.

I fully understand that it got old for a lot of people, but I enjoyed it in too many games to write it off. There are even a lot of games that had off-Wii versions that I would say are better on Wii specifically due to motion control. Yeah, it could be poorly implemented and overused, but when it worked, it worked. At least for me.

Waggle was fun. I just wish it hadn't been shoehorned into games that didn't need it (Kirby Return to Dreamland) and had worked better in games that lent themselves well to it (Samba de Amigo). I know there's a new Samba de Amigo game for the Switch, but I'm not sure if its waggle is any better than the Wii's.

It's so funny when I'm looking up more info for an indie game that I'm interested in, and it turns out that it was originally a lewd game on PC. It just kind of guarantees that I won't be buying it on Switch.

It's so funny when I'm looking up more info for an indie game that I'm interested in, and it turns out that it was originally a lewd game on PC. It just kind of guarantees that I won't be buying it on Switch.
spongebob-smirk.gif

Which game?

"Sofiya and the Ancient Clan" was originally "Sexcraft – Sofiya and the Lewd Clan."
Well, at least finding out it was toned down was as easy as reading the original name lol I looked it up and it looks fun just based on the screenshots (simple, retro sidescrolling action), but the reviews were not kind.

In a follow-up to Digital Trends, AI Shark backtracked on the September release month, but confirmed that the tentative launch for the platform is “Fall 2024.” It added that Nintendo has not officially set the launch date yet, but does not deny the existence of the device or the fact that it’s set to launch this year. In a second follow-up, it backtracked on the Fall 2024 window too and noted that “Nintendo has not officially clarified launch.”

Oh man, new Golden Sun game announcement during the next Nintendo Direct! JK, but wouldn't that be awesome?

It would be terrific.
I still have my original GBA copies with all the Djinn found & transferred between the two. Too bad the third game flopped. Dark Dawn was a nice follow up & ended on a big cliffhanger. I might replay these on my Miyoo Mini+

I tried to get into Golden Sun, but found it too linear an experience. I need some exploration in an rpg to make me invest in the world and give me the sensation that I am role playing. I never ended up finishing the first GS and even though the second was a little less linear the third one backtracked to being very linear. This is also why I never finished Final Fantasy X. It's pretty enough and the production quality is high, but the linear experience is just boring as hell. But for those that love linear rpgs, these are pretty highly praised.

That's cool; everybody has their likes and dislikes. I hate missables in games; the completionist in me can never immerse myself in the game because I'm hung up on making sure that I don't miss out on any items or events. That's one of the things I like about the Kingdom Hearts series; barring a glitch or something, nothing is ever permanently lost.

Need some suggestions or advice.

My husband really likes old school arcade games and pinball. Any recommendations? I'm pretty sure he has Pinball FX and we have Star Wars Pinball. I have no idea of good ports or collections of old arcade games. There's a Namco Museum game set that looks like old Atari/Arcade games on sale for $5 now, but any recommendations for that genre (especially collections) would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Hamster's Arcade Archives and Capcom's Arcade Stadium are really good choices. Though keep in mind, there will be doubled releases on there. Like the Beat em Up Bundle and Capcom Fighting Collection also show up in Arcade Stadium. The main difference between the two or three is online play for the two Collections, meaning Arcade Stadium is couch co-op only, if I remember.

SEGA AGES's Outrun is great as always.

Some of the games I got for Arcade Archives are Tetris: The Grandmaster 1 and 2 (Please get the license for Terror Instinct. I know I will NEVER get GM rank in that, but still!). a few King of Fighter games. And believe it or not, some very obscure Nintendo arcade games like Sky Skipper. And yeah, they have snagged a few more Nintendo licenses like Punch-Out, the actual arcade version of Donkey Kong, etc.

Last edited:
Well there's proof that I didn't play it. Did they come out around the same time? For some reason my brain Associated golden sunlight with taking the game outside in the sun.
I used to mix up Golden Sun and Boktai all the time when I was younger, since it just made sense to me that the game called Golden Sun was the one with the solar power lol

Qubic Games is doing a thing again

Shocked I that I don’t already have one of the 12 games to start the giveaway chain. But I might as well pick up Golf Guys for 49 cents since any golf game can be at least a little entertaining in multiplayer.
I have three of them, plus the one they're giving out on the 15th :laughing: But I'll probably get Bakery Empire (looks like cooking mama lite) and Golf Guys (speed golf you play online against others?) if they're only .49.

I feel like they're letting the base games go super cheap and then trying to sell us on the DLC, which seemingly never goes on sale. Then they come out with "Complete Editions" with all the DLC two weeks later. They're really starting to clutter up the eshop with every game having multiple listings. One thing is for sure, never buy these when they're not on sale!

These Qubic giveaways have been so marginal before that the idea of actually buying into one feels dirty. Are any of the games for sale actually worth playing? Most of them look worse than the ones they've already given away.

These Qubic giveaways have been so marginal before that the idea of actually buying into one feels dirty. Are any of the games for sale actually worth playing? Most of them look worse than the ones they've already given away.
I'll be honest, I was tempted to grab the hole.io game -- it sounds amusing, and I know it's based on a silly online webgame.

The only reason I didn't is that it sounds like the Switch version isn't online... which seems weird for a game like that.

Hmm, Qubic is the publisher of the original Bit Trip series now. In the last giveaway, Eyes: The Horror Game is just jank. Mini Trains was surprisingly decent, and I went through a few levels. Mana Spark was their big one the last time, IIRC. That one was alright.

Light It Up look pretty decent.

What, ASMR Slicing isn’t GotY material in your eyes? Lol

Yeah they’re all probably pretty bad, but these daily giveaway chains are kind of fun in their own right. Some of the Qubic and Gravity stuff have been ok games to play around with for like an hour. And my gold coins covered my Golf Guys purchase, so at least I didn’t spend anything. I guess the half a buck is going to an indie publisher too, and not like EA or Epic or some other abomination.

That Light-It Up game does actually look fun. Maybe I'll grab it and get in on this.
I picked it up 'cause 50 cents, and little puzzler games like that are usually good time wasters. You can definitely tell where it was ported from a mobile game. It's not bad, the puzzles haven't been super hard but I'm not quite 20 levels into it. Some have been really easy, some have taken a few retries because of your limited jumps and misjudging stuff like the moving blocks. 150 levels total on the 50 cent version and then the dlc is $2 for I think 100 more levels, so cheaper to get both together than the 'deluxe' version.

Has anyone else played Dave the Diver? It started off simple enough. Dive to collect fish and do a ‘diner dash’ type gameplay at you restaurant at night. But it keeps adding way too many different things, like it has an identity crisis. Add a veggie and fish farm to manage to get supplies for your restaurant. Take photos. Then ‘special’ nights to collect specific types of fish for the restaurant, but some are a challenge to collect (fucking marlins). Then add challengers at the restaurant but you have ‘cooking mama’ type gameplay for that. Okay, puzzles to keep progressing In the main story. But then a weird portion where you have to control 2 people at once. This is also when the boss battles seem to add a new mechanic with each new one.

At this point I am not enjoying it anymore but just want to finish the main story.

Has anyone else played Dave the Diver? It started off simple enough. Dive to collect fish and do a ‘diner dash’ type gameplay at you restaurant at night. But it keeps adding way too many different things, like it has an identity crisis. Add a veggie and fish farm to manage to get supplies for your restaurant. Take photos. Then ‘special’ nights to collect specific types of fish for the restaurant, but some are a challenge to collect (fucking marlins). Then add challengers at the restaurant but you have ‘cooking mama’ type gameplay for that. Okay, puzzles to keep progressing In the main story. But then a weird portion where you have to control 2 people at once. This is also when the boss battles seem to add a new mechanic with each new one.

At this point I am not enjoying it anymore but just want to finish the main story.
OMG I came on here just to post the same thing! I started Dave the Diver a few days ago and loved it at first. I was all about collecting fish, running the restaurant, and meeting all the crazy customers (though a lot of the NPCs are complete dicks for no reason). But, alarm bells started going off as I kept playing. Every five seconds, some new mechanic is introduced or some unskippable minigame is thrown at me. Some stuff makes sense (growing fish and vegetables), some stuff can be mostly ignored (taking pictures and collecting cards), and some stuff is really annoying (portions you play as different characters, being forced to waste days for no reason). Basically, the game was rapidly shifting from fishing/restaurant sim to fishing/restaurant/farming/minigames/survival/puzzler/collectathon/anything else we can think of sim.

And, don't even get me started on the Sea People. To avoid spoilers, the stuff surrounding them didn't play out at all like I thought it would, and it involves a lot of really intrusive puzzles that screech the game to a halt because you just have to get it out of the way to move the main story along (yes, the Sea People stuff is pretty much the main story of the game). It sucks and it does not feel like the game Dave the Diver was sold as. I wanted to catch fish and manage a restaurant, not be forced into a plotline I don't give a shit about. I'm definitely in the same boat about wanting to complete the main story, because I know I'm close now, but I just can't bring myself to care about it anymore.

The night fishing is very rough because everything you find down there is straight-up on crack. I get it's supposed to be a challenge, but it's really not fair that, while I swim slow as molasses, the fucking sharks are tail-swiping me and taking out half my oxygen. Hell, even little fish destroy you, like the schools of the tiny red guys that swarm you like angry piranhas. And, the penalty for death is way too high. You could spend a half an hour gathering materials and, on your way back to the surface, you get completely boxed in by a fucking lionfish or something and you die. Upon death, you can keep only ONE item, losing the rest and wasting your time down there. What the fuck is this, Dark Souls? Hell, at least those games give you the chance to pick your stuff up when you respawn. Like, fucking relax, you're supposed to be a chill game.

Boss battles often blow ass too because of the clunky controls. I mean, the controls themselves are fine, but Dave is so slow just to turn around and there's noticeable input lag when you're trying to ready your weapons. Plus, you can only shoot weapons diagonally left and right, not straight up or down, like this is some kind of shitty NES game. Compare this to something like Subnautica, where you felt like you were flying underwater with such fluid controls. And the guy you play as in that game was just some random starship engineer! Dave is supposed to be an experienced diver and he can't shoot up? And yes, I'm sure it's more complicated than that in real life, but it's a video game.

I've wanted to quit several times, but kept going because the parts of the game that work work really well. But, Dave the Diver is a game that wanted to be way too many things, thus not really excelling at any of them. Even the best parts of the game become repetitive after a while because, instead of doing things like expanding the explorable area or adding more ways to run the restaurant, the developers worked on a shitty story, nine-thousand minigames, uninspired puzzles, and a slew of frustrating boss battles that really highlight how bad the combat is. I've just reached Chapter 6 and I know I should finish it, but it just feels like work now. I'd give the game a 6 or a 7, purely on the virtue of how fun fishing and running the restaurant are. I just wanted that game. I've heard Dredge is good, so maybe I'll play that instead.

Sorry for the rant lol just been having a hard time understanding how people can call this game a masterpiece.

OMG I came on here just to post the same thing! I started Dave the Diver a few days ago and loved it at first. I was all about collecting fish, running the restaurant, and meeting all the crazy customers (though a lot of the NPCs are complete dicks for no reason). But, alarm bells started going off as I kept playing. Every five seconds, some new mechanic is introduced or some unskippable minigame is thrown at me. Some stuff makes sense (growing fish and vegetables), some stuff can be mostly ignored (taking pictures and collecting cards), and some stuff is really annoying (portions you play as different characters, being forced to waste days for no reason). Basically, the game was rapidly shifting from fishing/restaurant sim to fishing/restaurant/farming/minigames/survival/puzzler/collectathon/anything else we can think of sim.

And, don't even get me started on the Sea People. To avoid spoilers, the stuff surrounding them didn't play out at all like I thought it would, and it involves a lot of really intrusive puzzles that screech the game to a halt because you just have to get it out of the way to move the main story along (yes, the Sea People stuff is pretty much the main story of the game). It sucks and it does not feel like the game Dave the Diver was sold as. I wanted to catch fish and manage a restaurant, not be forced into a plotline I don't give a shit about. I'm definitely in the same boat about wanting to complete the main story, because I know I'm close now, but I just can't bring myself to care about it anymore.

The night fishing is very rough because everything you find down there is straight-up on crack. I get it's supposed to be a challenge, but it's really not fair that, while I swim slow as molasses, the fucking sharks are tail-swiping me and taking out half my oxygen. Hell, even little fish destroy you, like the schools of the tiny red guys that swarm you like angry piranhas. And, the penalty for death is way too high. You could spend a half an hour gathering materials and, on your way back to the surface, you get completely boxed in by a fucking lionfish or something and you die. Upon death, you can keep only ONE item, losing the rest and wasting your time down there. What the fuck is this, Dark Souls? Hell, at least those games give you the chance to pick your stuff up when you respawn. Like, fucking relax, you're supposed to be a chill game.

Boss battles often blow ass too because of the clunky controls. I mean, the controls themselves are fine, but Dave is so slow just to turn around and there's noticeable input lag when you're trying to ready your weapons. Plus, you can only shoot weapons diagonally left and right, not straight up or down, like this is some kind of shitty NES game. Compare this to something like Subnautica, where you felt like you were flying underwater with such fluid controls. And the guy you play as in that game was just some random starship engineer! Dave is supposed to be an experienced diver and he can't shoot up? And yes, I'm sure it's more complicated than that in real life, but it's a video game.

I've wanted to quit several times, but kept going because the parts of the game that work work really well. But, Dave the Diver is a game that wanted to be way too many things, thus not really excelling at any of them. Even the best parts of the game become repetitive after a while because, instead of doing things like expanding the explorable area or adding more ways to run the restaurant, the developers worked on a shitty story, nine-thousand minigames, uninspired puzzles, and a slew of frustrating boss battles that really highlight how bad the combat is. I've just reached Chapter 6 and I know I should finish it, but it just feels like work now. I'd give the game a 6 or a 7, purely on the virtue of how fun fishing and running the restaurant are. I just wanted that game. I've heard Dredge is good, so maybe I'll play that instead.

Sorry for the rant lol just been having a hard time understanding how people can call this game a masterpiece.
Lol, I am glad someone else feels the same way. Because I was looking at reviews and I couldn’t find anyone else that brought up these issues. Everyone loved it. Did they only play for a couple hours before reviewing it?

I just finished it. Only reason I was able to is because I had that Dredge DLC pop up one night and got a blue Diamond. Sold that sucker for $80k and pretty much had enough money to fully upgrade Dave. Not that it mattered too much because at that point there was a boss where you could only take 2 hits with another new fucking mechanic.

Of course the game had to add in a bullet hell section because why fuck not at this point?

Lol, I am glad someone else feels the same way. Because I was looking at reviews and I couldn’t find anyone else that brought up these issues. Everyone loved it. Did they only play for a couple hours before reviewing it?

I just finished it. Only reason I was able to is because I had that Dredge DLC pop up one night and got a blue Diamond. Sold that sucker for $80k and pretty much had enough money to fully upgrade Dave. Not that it mattered too much because at that point there was a boss where you could only take 2 hits with another new fucking mechanic.

Of course the game had to add in a bullet hell section because why fuck not at this point?
Seriously, I was surprised to find only a handful of criticism for the game buried under glowing reviews reluctant to point out any problems.

The Dredge DLC pops up in Chapter 6, right? I'm right there and man do I hope I find that diamond lol but of course there's more bullshit on the way. Why wouldn't there be a bullet hell segment?

Seriously, I was surprised to find only a handful of criticism for the game buried under glowing reviews reluctant to point out any problems.

The Dredge DLC pops up in Chapter 6, right? I'm right there and man do I hope I find that diamond lol but of course there's more bullshit on the way. Why wouldn't there be a bullet hell segment?
Chapter 6 & 7 is just more and more bullshit mechanics. Make sure you do the side quest for the meat bun shop (think there’s 2) to unlock purchasing meat buns since some increase Dave’s speed, reduce damage taken or increase your damage.

And yes that when the Dredge night popped. Make sure you dredge all the white spots (with new mini game) before you pick a whirlpool to go down. Got the blue Diamond in one of the white spots. and the fish in the whirlpool are night vicious. I couldn’t catch many.

Chapter 6 & 7 is just more and more bullshit mechanics. Make sure you do the side quest for the meat bun shop (think there’s 2) to unlock purchasing meat buns since some increase Dave’s speed, reduce damage taken or increase your damage.

And yes that when the Dredge night popped. Make sure you dredge all the white spots (with new mini game) before you pick a whirlpool to go down. Got the blue Diamond in one of the white spots. and the fish in the whirlpool are night vicious. I couldn’t catch many.
Thanks for the advice! Yeah, I unlocked the meat bun shop and really noticed a difference in swim speed thanks to her meals.

I'll do my best to power through. All this game has done is make me want to go to my local sushi restaurant lol

bread's done
Back