Nintendo Game Guides at K-Mart?

sonicradiation

CAGiversary!
Hello everyone - I'm pretty new to this board but I thought this was the right place to post. I've been on here almost a month and I think already I've easily saved well over $100 on games. I was at my local K-Mart today and I noticed some Official Nintendo Game Guides for Super Mario Sunshine, Star Fox Adventures, Wario World and LOZ:WW. They were stashed under some other stuff and ignored for all these years... anyway I attempted to get a price check on them and the lady mentioned that she can't sell the guides because I need to purchase the games for them as well? I kindly pointed out that none of these games were in stock and not likely to come in and she put the guides back in the glass case under all the crap that was on top of them and mentioned someone comes in every Wednesday to pick them up... wtf? I think I am going to go back tonight when she is not there and see if I can get them... they were in mint condition and definately worth picking up if just for the art I wonder if they will ring up for a $.01 like other guides - has anyone else run across these at other K-Marts?

I've never had a problem buying a guide without the game, anywhere, period. Maybe she thinks the guides are free giveaway items to be given out when the game is purchased or something. It's been my experience that K-mart doesn't usually have the most game-savvy people in their Electronics department.

I found star fox, loz:ww and animal crossing nintendo power guides at my k-mart a few weeks ago. They has a hand written note sitting on top of them that said free with purchase of the game. They did not have any of the games in stock either. I asked the guy at the counter and explained to him that the games were not in stock and older titles. He rang them up at .99 each for the three of them.

It would bother me to suddenly find a Windwaker guide at my kmart, seeing how I just bought that game and the receipt doesn't show the name of the game! :(

I'm surprised some K-Marts still have these lingering around. The electronics guy at the K Mart near me let me have 2 each of Star Fox Adventures & Wario World. This was back around the fall of 2004 :)

bread's done
Back