Nintendo Hot Wheels

jeremygary

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
Wondering if anyone has seen the new Nintendo Hot Wheels anywhere in the wild yet. Supposedly, they are street dated for sometime in October ... with Nintendo Life stating that they are hitting US stores now.

8 Crate Delivery (Dr. Mario)

A-OK (Mario Kart)

Cool-One (Super Mario Bros. 2)

Dairy Delivery (Super Mario Bros.)

School Busted (Super Mario 3)

Volkswagen T1 Panel Bus (Super Mario World)

mattel_mario_hot_wheels_october_2015-700x574.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in buffalo ny and have seen them at two local walmarts. One store had just one left but my second stop netted me the remaining five I was missing.

How much are they? I gotta be honest... I normally don't collect things, least of all Hot Wheels, but those just look really damn cool.

The packaging looks cool, but I think the cars are uninspired. It looks like they took random designs and slapped Nintendo paint on them. Not sure what I expected, but I'd like to see the cars have some connection to the game I guess.

It would be pretty cool to see those cover art out in the wild again.. but I've no interest in collecting Hot Wheels, but would still like to see them.

I won't pay more than $2 for one of these.  I remember when I was younger you could get hot wheels for less than a $1.  These thing were what $0.75 in the 90s?

I won't pay more than $2 for one of these. I remember when I was younger you could get hot wheels for less than a $1. These thing were what $0.75 in the 90s?
Really?

Does that mean you won't buy gas because it used to be 90 cents a gallon? Or buy anything because it used to be cheaper? Hate to tell you but prices on everything go up over time.

You must be 97 years old or something to make a complaint like that "when I was a youngin we could buy 2 hotwheels, a loaf of bread with 2 dollars and still have enough for a sasperella drink and a ticket for the moving picture show!"

And you can get hotwheels for 1 dollar, just not ones with another companies license used for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get off his lawn.

Hot Wheels ain't what they used to be, quality-wise. They're all plastic now. They used to be hunks of die-cast metal, and when you threw them at your little sister, it knocked her the hell out.

Matchbox were always better than Hot Wheels anyway. All about those rubber tires.

I saw a couple of these today at Walmart. At nearly $5 each, I passed. Anyway, I'd be buying them more for the cardboard backing art than I would for the cars themselves. I might've caved if they would have had the Super Mario World one.

bread's done
Back