Nintendo Power Magazine $3.23/12 issues

batdorf

CAG Veteran
BestDealMagazines.com has Nintendo Power Magazine today (1/1/08) only for $3.99 for 12 issues - new or renewals. Use coupon code "YEAREND19" on checkout to save an additional 19% making your price $3.23.

I have used this site often with no problems. They do not require customers to sign up for autorenewals automatically like many sites.

[quote name='blackbird3216']so, i guess everyone used a credit card, even though paypal says you can use paypal there.[/quote]I think they stopped accepting PayPal some time ago. I recall using it there long ago, but couldn't anymore in roughly spring 2007.

[quote name='mickeyp']I finally got the site to work for me. Don't laugh but I got Nintendo Power and Everyday with Rachel ray[/QUOTE]

lol

[quote name='mickeyp']I finally got the site to work for me. Don't laugh but I got Nintendo Power and Everyday with Rachel ray[/quote]This is a cheap gaming site. With that audience, how do you not expect a laugh?

PS. PM me some good recipes! ;)

[quote name='Aguila']The BBB gave them an "unsatisfactory" rating because they failed to respond to them when inquiring about customer complaints. There are multiple records on BBB's site, two unsatisfactory and one satisfactory. Make sure you're reading the correct one(s).[/quote]Think I'm going to give this one a pass after considering it all day.

It appears the 3 entries w/ the BBB are all the correct ones. The Norman, OK address is listed on the contact page and the NY address is listed when you click the DigiCert icon. Paints an extremely bleak picture of the company. Also, some of the things mentioned in the FAQ...just...wow. Like why your confirmation email will list the wrong price.

Other than that, I currently don't have a way to give them a one-time-use CC number. Otherwise, I may have still given it a shot if I could guarantee I wouldn't get rolled for more than $5.

Good luck to everyone who ordered and be sure to let us know in 8-14 weeks if you get your subscription w/o any issues.

After seeing all the responses to the thread and having those who have experienced this company in the past, I bit. Got NP, OXM, EGM, and Car & Driver. Whats the worst that could happen? I'm completely out $16? Good enough gamble for me.

Thanks OP!

I did the Nintendo power deal a while ago. My son also did the deal. He got his subscription and I didn't. I tried contacting them to get my monye back with no luck. It isn't a big deal for so little of a amount. I guess it is worth taking the chance. It takes for ever to get the subscription to start if you ever do get it.

I ordered from them last year with Paypal without a problem. Then received and email about 2 1/2 months ago that my subscriptions were up in a few months and I had the renew. Renewed using credit card. Now my subscriptions are up in Feb. But the status of my subscriptions haven't changed on my address tag on the cover. How long does it take them to process the subscriptions?

Guess I'll wait till I receive the February issue. If the subscription status doesn't change then contact them even though I've been reading on the thread there customer service sucks.

Hey future give us some Wii demo discs like you hinted at in the customer survey/poll and I for one would be in for a sub at full price

cant you just ebay all your magazine subscription, i know its a hit or miss, but i hit 5 out of 5 times so far. I got my nintendo power sub on ebay for 4 dollars.

[quote name='hoi1ma']cant you just ebay all your magazine subscription, i know its a hit or miss, but i hit 5 out of 5 times so far. I got my nintendo power sub on ebay for 4 dollars.[/quote]

I have never hear/thought of that. Good thing to know. Thanks!

I ordered both Game Informer and PSM from these guys last year. Both came -- BUT, it seemed to take a long time before the sub kicked in. It was somewhere between 2-3 months if I'm remembering correctly.

I ordered NP. Great deal and I didn't realize my subscription ended in November, so I haven't seen what the new format/publisher looks like yet.

[quote name='blackbird3216']imm, missed it yesterday, but still only $3.80 today. Anyone think i should order?[/QUOTE]

I did . . . my NP just ran out and I wouldn't have subscribed without a deal.

I've had good experiences with Best deal before.

MagazinePriceSearch is a great site to look for deals on subs:

http://www.magazinepricesearch.com/index.html

I had mixed experiences with ebay . . . but I've always gotten my subs from discount websites.

[quote name='blackbird3216']imm, missed it yesterday, but still only $3.80 today. Anyone think i should order?[/QUOTE]

Go for it - The coupon for 19% in the original post was extended for two more days.

I used to have a subscription back in ze day. Had issues maybe 20-30 something through 120-30 something? Either way, I really enjoyed reading it as a little kid, and for those CAGs with younger kids, this is a good buy.

"Subscriptions should start between the industry standard time of
8 to 14 weeks depending on the publisher."

whoa there :lol:

Thanks OP, I have been waiting for a Nintendo Power deal for the longest time.

Got it thanks, OP. My sub ran out this month. Hope it gets processed for the next month. Why do subs take so long to process? It seems like it's such a simple thing. Send this guy an issue... I mean what else is there?

[quote name='Pr0JectNymPh0!']"Subscriptions should start between the industry standard time of
8 to 14 weeks depending on the publisher."

whoa there :lol:

Thanks OP, I have been waiting for a Nintendo Power deal for the longest time.[/quote] I got the same exact email(takes that long? Really), but i used a dismposable email(saved a copy of the confirmation on my real email address). Hopefully, this works and i can finially get my first issue of nintendo power. Not bad at $3.80

Even though Future publishes Nintendo Power now, some of the previous deals are still valid. I ordered the Zelda: Twilight Princess bundle two weeks ago and have already received two issues; the soundtrack and guide will be sent after they receive payment, I'm told.

[quote name='whitereflection']Even though Future publishes Nintendo Power now, some of the previous deals are still valid. I ordered the Zelda: Twilight Princess bundle two weeks ago and have already received two issues; the soundtrack and guide will be sent after they receive payment, I'm told.[/quote]Where do you see this bundle? I went to nintendopower.com and saw that future was offering just the Phantom Hourglass digest guide. I've searched all of nintendo.com and it just sends me to futures site where I can get that one guide.

You have to call them (Future) and mention it. The bundle's been around for quite some time now, so I'm sure you can also substitute for it for a different guide if you wanted to.

[quote name='whitereflection']You have to call them (Future) and mention it. The bundle's been around for quite some time now, so I'm sure you can also substitute for it for a different guide if you wanted to.[/quote]Well, I already renewed through this. I suppose if I ever get $20 together I'll give it a shot and see if they can add another year on with the guide, but since I already have the nice hardcover w/map and the soundtrack (from traget), I might wait. I really just needed the bundle so I can open one of the cds and actually use the other guide :p

[quote name='whitereflection']You have to call them (Future) and mention it. The bundle's been around for quite some time now, so I'm sure you can also substitute for it for a different guide if you wanted to.[/QUOTE]

I liked how I always got some kind of guide with the sub, it totally makes it worth, suck they switched to Future and don't offer that anymore. Maybe I'll scrounge up some old renewal card and pick one of those free gifts.

I used to subscribe to two magazines: Nintendo Power and Game Players. Nintendo Power was great in my childhood, but Game Players took a serious nosedive once Chris Slate took over and filled the magazine with pitiful attempts at humor at the cost of decent game coverage.

Now, Slate is in charge of NP.

Damn I just paid $3.99 after discount a week or so ago, fuck me I could've saved 76 cents.

I think I'll get another year anyway....wait, this is an old thread....damn you

And btw I've been getting Nintendo Power through them for the past 2 years and haven't had any problems. Use an email you don't mind spam on though.

[quote name='ryosnk']Has anyone gotten their nintendo power sub?[/quote]

I haven't...

Wondering if they rip off a certain percent of customers.

[quote name='carn311']I haven't...

Wondering if they rip off a certain percent of customers.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure it says 6-8 week processing or something like that. Give it at least 2 months.

[quote name='SpazX']I'm pretty sure it says 6-8 week processing or something like that. Give it at least 2 months.[/QUOTE]

I don't get why there is still 6-8 week processing times for magazines in this day and age. It was that way 20 years ago when I originally subscribed to Nintendo Power, back in the days before cheap networked computers and the Internet.

[quote name='bojay1997']I don't get why there is still 6-8 week processing times for magazines in this day and age. It was that way 20 years ago when I originally subscribed to Nintendo Power, back in the days before cheap networked computers and the Internet.[/quote]

Yeah, I don't understand the large amount of processing time. I don't see why it couldn't be sent out in a week.

Publishers need to know a couple of week in advance how many issues they need to print, so for a monthly magazine you would have to wait at least 6 weeks for the next magazine assuming you order in between two issues.

[quote name='bojay1997']I don't get why there is still 6-8 week processing times for magazines in this day and age. It was that way 20 years ago when I originally subscribed to Nintendo Power, back in the days before cheap networked computers and the Internet.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='carn311']I haven't...

Wondering if they rip off a certain percent of customers.[/QUOTE]

I think that's actually how a lot of these online magazine vendors work: they have a limited amount of subscriptions they dump on people who wouldn't mind subscribing for 80-95% off the normal subscription rate or even free (and since most magazines in the US make their money from ads and a higher subscription base commands higher ad rates, they can). If they exceed that limit, they continue taking orders anyway, because even if you remember to check up on your order in 8-12 weeks, are you really going to go through all the trouble to get $3 back if they don't fulfill your order?

For anyone interested, I did receive my Zelda subscription bonuses a month ago when I subscribed through Future, so it seems they're still honoring some of the older Nintendo Power promotions.

[quote name='kipe']Publishers need to know a couple of week in advance how many issues they need to print, so for a monthly magazine you would have to wait at least 6 weeks for the next magazine assuming you order in between two issues.[/QUOTE]

If this were 20 years ago, I would agree with you, but with modern printing techniques, you can change quantity literally on the fly. Also, most magazines print huge overruns in the tens of thousands of copies. It would be very simple to just print one more label and send it out to a new subscriber.

Its a magazine & they focus on a single platform...then couple it with useless info on games nobody cares about & "mini-guides" that give out painfully obvious answers to simple problems in games & you got something that is a waste even for the next 12 YEARS at 1 cent.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Its a magazine & they focus on a single platform...then couple it with useless info on games nobody cares about & "mini-guides" that give out painfully obvious answers to simple problems in games & you got something that is a waste even for the next 12 YEARS at 1 cent.[/QUOTE]

Dont answer this... but what the hell do you do on the toilet then?

bread's done
Back