Nintendo Puzzle Collection - $19.99 at Play-Asia

[quote name='Blind the Thief']I've decided to hold off on this. All I'm really interested in is Panel de Pon / Tetris Attack, and as I'll be getting it for GBA in a month or so anyways, I think I'll sit tight. Great deal still, though.[/QUOTE]

Get this version. It's $10 cheaper, it's got a 4 player mode, AND (this is the big deal), you can download the full versions of the games to your GBA with the included link cable. Dr. Mario and Yoshi's Cookie are just the NES versions, but they made a complete GBA version of Panepon that you download. I'll wager that's very close to the one they're sticking in a GBA cart next month, if it's not entirely the same.

[quote name='mkelehan']Get this version. It's $10 cheaper, it's got a 4 player mode, AND (this is the big deal), you can download the full versions of the games to your GBA with the included link cable. Dr. Mario and Yoshi's Cookie are just the NES versions, but they made a complete GBA version of Panepon that you download. I'll wager that's very close to the one they're sticking in a GBA cart next month, if it's not entirely the same.[/QUOTE]
But I would guess that it won't save anything like high scores and such (or it would at least be erased when something else is downloaded onto the GBA). Or maybe that's not important?

So so tempting.. I have always been a little chapped that they didn't bring this one over stateside, even as a budget title it seems like they would have had enough sales to justify it. Dr. Mario is like crack.

[quote name='mkelehan']Get this version. It's $10 cheaper, it's got a 4 player mode, AND (this is the big deal), you can download the full versions of the games to your GBA with the included link cable. Dr. Mario and Yoshi's Cookie are just the NES versions, but they made a complete GBA version of Panepon that you download. I'll wager that's very close to the one they're sticking in a GBA cart next month, if it's not entirely the same.[/QUOTE]

I want ot be able to just pop in the game and go (like in the middle of class / coming back from class / randomly on car trips). If you load it onto your GBA, it goes away as soon as you turn the power off.

And the GBA version would technically be cheaper for me, since I'd need to buy the Freeloader, too.

Wow - I want this really bad, since I'm a puzzle game nut - but I told myself I was going to stop spending money! :cry:

Hrmm....lemme hit my Gamestops tomorrow, if I can find a

[quote name='Blind the Thief']Does Gamestop actually sell Freeloaders, or is it something they sell used because people traded them in?[/QUOTE]

They did at some point. I tried to check the website, but it's down. Once it's up, see if it's on there, and do a local search.

You can have English and Japanese character saves on the same card if you use the Freeloader. It works by converting the characters into ones readable by un-modified Cubes.

[quote name='nikkai']Mine shipped today... I wonder how long airmail will take to get here. It's from Hong Kong, yeah?[/QUOTE]

My Play-asia orders take 10-14 days to Chicago

I pulled the trigger on this. I love Tetris Attack and this looks like a good way to get me started with NGC imports.

[quote name='dayglo']It was only a week-long special.[/QUOTE]

I know, which is why the price was raised to $29.99.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy'] 4-player Dr. Mario is worth it for that price alone. :)[/QUOTE]

Where's your N64? ;) Come on over to my place and we can play some 4 player Dr. Mario. Warning: my wife is really good at it.

Since when do dead deals get moved?

Such a policy is retarded. Presumably all deals will eventually die, leaving the "videogame deals" forum practically empty.

Why not just let them sink?

Just got my order and a coupon if anyone wants it, first use gets it I assume

Code LA-RRX-ASM US $5 off min purchase $50, expires Sep 30, 2005 for play-asia.com

close up of back of box:

back of box:

front of box:

front of game:

the game and contents:

very nice game boxes, 100x better the US game boxes, also had the included gba->gcn link cable but we all know how they look

now i posted pics
can someone direct me to a japanese to english game translation guide, some of it i can figure out but most i cant and dont want to accidently delete all my files on my 1019 mem card, since the japenese games are saving to my us card together on one

or can someone translate some of the important stuff of the games?

also bought kururin squash

these are the 1st games i've imported, might have to start looking into it now:(

Just got the game & Free Loader in the mail on Friday...small problem though. Anyone else got unreadable characters in Yoshi's Cookie? Seems like it should be in Japanese, but it came out as weird symbols...what should I do?:cry:

if ur talking bout how all characters are "f" or "," i also have that problem, but yoshis cookie isnt really that fun to me, wish it couldve had a 4 player tetris on the collection, and panel de pon is much better than pokemon puzzle league, combos are much easier to get but i enjoy pokemon graphics more

kururin squash is a fun game to anyone who didnt get it, pretty challenging puzzles, and very easy to figure out the menus, also has multiplayer and i'm guessing a gba link up to play kururin on ur gba

so no one can hel[ translate some of the menus? :(

The freeloader does not convert the default font, so you end up pulling characters out of the US font. It doesn't really make the game "unplayable" and you can dual save US/JAP game saves on the same card with the freeloader.

Here's a link to a translation guide via Gamefaqs. Hopefully this will help you guys out.

bread's done
Back