Nintendo reports rising profits despite flat full-year revenues

It amazes me that Nintendo can release hardware and still make a profit.
Most companies say "we take a lose on hardware & make it back on software".

[quote name='captaincold']It amazes me that Nintendo can release hardware and still make a profit.
Most companies say "we take a lose on hardware & make it back on software".[/QUOTE]
Nintendo makes money. Over 10 billion in the bank, and profits that are going to keep on going up if there line up is any indication. Love their games or not they are doing fine. Hardware sales, combined with Mario Party, Paper Mario, RE4 and other games like Prime and Mario 64 DS means that nintendo might be getting back on track. And hopefully now that they're coffers are filling they'll spend some of that huge sum og money they have in the bank.

It's true: Nintendo makes money, just not as much as Sony. Just because they are behind Sony and Microsoft in sales doesn't mean they will go bankrupt. Sega, on the other hand, did not make money.

Exactly. You don't have to be the number 1 company in order to make a profit. Besides, its good to have more than one big company around. If there was only one then there would be no need to try and innovate anything, which is bad.

So go Nintendo indeed. :D

Well... Nintendo is actually making more actuall profit. Microsoft sell there consoles at a loss, and i'm not sure of Sony buy i'm sure that there other divisions have been losing money for a while. A bussiness magazine was talking about how the only division making money and keeping them afloat was the gaming division. Anyway, over one million mario party's sold. At least I know why they keep on making that game now.

bread's done
Back