Nintendo sends out Animal Crossing with Racial slur included!

Meh. Nintendo will find the employee, fire them, and we'll all move on. It was a /game save,/ so that's hardly official endorsement by the whole company for use of that word.

[quote name='Gourd']Meh. Nintendo will find the employee, fire them, and we'll all move on. It was a /game save,/ so that's hardly official endorsement by the whole company for use of that word.[/QUOTE]

What if the employee is black? That puts them in an uncomfortable position, do they fire him or not?

[quote name='MSI Magus']What if the employee is black? That puts them in an uncomfortable position, do they fire him or not?[/quote]
Yeah. Nintendo would fire him.

[quote name='Jam Of Truth']They'll fire him on the grounds that a white sheep wouldn't walk around saying things like that in the dead of night.[/QUOTE]

No, the white sheep would walk around saying, "What up, Honkey?" :)

[quote name='62t']I hope that version gets leaked on the internet[/QUOTE]

Can't anyone just have their own copy do the same thing? I haven't played it on the DS but with Gamecube you could have the animals ask what you wanted them to say and I figured that's how it happened on the DS version as well.

[quote name='IcyColdBolt']There is a difference between n---er and n---a. Just so everyone knows.[/quote]

That's fine and dandy. Thanks for the heads up. I'm totally going to start differentiating. As an older black guy I should /totally/ feel warm and fuzzy when someone uses the second spelling. Got it. :roll:

Anyway, I think they'll fire the person no matter what their ethnicity is. Nintendo is a company for whom PR is important. If the word had been some other random highly racially offensive word, he or she would still get fired.

bread's done
Back