Nintendo Switch: Animal Crossing limited edition console available $299.99 at Gamestop

Cloudx9

CAGiversary!
website doesn't work currently due to PS5 preorder fiasco, but you can currently go into the app and order it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I officially now have the old version and the new version and I can say with 100 percent certainty there is a difference between the boxes. The old boxes show the date on the back in the top left corner, year, month, day. The new consoles have the date month, day, year.

I officially now have the old version and the new version and I can say with 100 percent certainty there is a difference between the boxes. The old boxes show the date on the back in the top left corner, year, month, day. The new consoles have the date month, day, year.
Well then this things no good.

*throws new animal crossing switch straight into trash*

Thanks

Any chance that’s just a regional thing, European dates are frequently printed differently from US dates. Maybe they just shifted extra stock around.

Any chance that’s just a regional thing, European dates are frequently printed differently from US dates. Maybe they just shifted extra stock around.
I’m in the US and the original had the European date. It was a preorder one from GameStop. The only thing I can think of is they printed all the original stock for non-US countries, halted production, and then had to stretch their stock to everywhere. Or they did it on purpose so the people that originally got it can say they have a original and a way to prove, Nintendo likes to do that. But honestly, I don’t know why they’re different.

In-stock online for over 24-hours at multiple places - must have manufactured quite a lot! 

I'm hoping to snag a dock on ebay for under $50!

I just bought this thing and the PlayGO case/grip/thumbstick covers combo. I have a 512gb Samsung EVO microSD card installed. Now I am trying to figure out the Switch game deals ecosystem. I know games really don't get cheap like with PS4/XBOX/PC. Can any CAGs give me advice on the best way to look for deals for Switch games? Should I go ahead and buy games when they drop from $60 to $40? Do they get cheaper than that?

Also, I am trying to focus more on digital since I have a big microsd and want to keep things portable. Do you recommend any websites to track switch game prices like isthereanydeal.com for Steam or PSPRICES.com for PSN?

I just bought this thing and the PlayGO case/grip/thumbstick covers combo. I have a 512gb Samsung EVO microSD card installed. Now I am trying to figure out the Switch game deals ecosystem. I know games really don't get cheap like with PS4/XBOX/PC. Can any CAGs give me advice on the best way to look for deals for Switch games? Should I go ahead and buy games when they drop from $60 to $40? Do they get cheaper than that?

Also, I am trying to focus more on digital since I have a big microsd and want to keep things portable. Do you recommend any websites to track switch game prices like isthereanydeal.com for Steam or PSPRICES.com for PSN?
People swear by https://www.dekudeals.com/ . It shows the lowest price a game has gone down to as well as games currently on sale. It beats sifting through the slow eshop browser on the Switch when there are hundreds of games currently on sale. The best you can hope for for 1st party titles is $40 but third party games typically drop much lower.

I bought 2, one at Target with my red card and other with GS credit. Offerup and craigslist looks to be flooded with Switches right now. I'll list them up locally, during the Holidays

from talking with the manager at my local gamestop, he mentioned almost all stores got 10+ of these in stock.  Plus with Target, and Best Buy getting them as well and i even seen a few at my local Meijer, i wouldn't be surprised these are flooded on the market.

The blue/red switch has been available consistently on amazon for 3 days now.
Well I've heard these are the last wave of the AC switches, so I bought 2. There's only a few niche Jrpg tiles that I'm interested in for the Switch, I'll buy it later again down the road when the games are cheaper...

from talking with the manager at my local gamestop, he mentioned almost all stores got 10+ of these in stock. Plus with Target, and Best Buy getting them as well and i even seen a few at my local Meijer, i wouldn't be surprised these are flooded on the market.
I went to my local BBY today and saw they easily had 30+ locked in a cage

In-stock online for over 24-hours at multiple places - must have manufactured quite a lot!

I'm hoping to snag a dock on ebay for under $50!
That's because it's the first legitimate restock since Covid. My store has been getting less than 5 a week and they never hit the floor because they were immediately bought for store pickup or are used to fulfill an online order.

That's because it's the first legitimate restock since Covid. My store has been getting less than 5 a week and they never hit the floor because they were immediately bought for store pickup or are used to fulfill an online order.
I've got 15 GS within 30 min of me, and only 4 of them show AC switches in stock, and when I call them up they say they have 10+, so it might only be the "high volume" stores that got any. (or prestige?)

Edit: looks like more stores show stock, so looks like they’re everywhere!

I've got 15 GS within 30 min of me, and only 4 of them show AC switches in stock, and when I call them up they say they have 10+, so it might only be the "high volume" stores that got any. (or prestige?)
My local Walmart, Best Buy is sold out. I didn't bother with Target.

Of the GS's I went to today, one had a sign outside, posted on the door: "WE HAVE ACNH Switches!". They had 1 left. (Comically, the local Mom&Pop shop had one too, but it wasn't $300 (they go by PriceCharting - and they will sell it, eventually, IMO, at their $400).

Whatever stock is out there will evaporate soon. Stores don't have standard V2 Switches in stock, but they have Limited Editions [WTF]? ACNH Switches are getting gobbled up by people that don't even care about AC. They work? They're limited? Good enough.

I just placed an order through gamestop's site. Been looking to get one of these for months. OP you an MVP in my book

I just placed an order through gamestop's site. Been looking to get one of these for months. OP you an MVP in my booA
An ACNS is a win, believe it or not. I'd like Nintendo to succeed. Some want to downplay Nintendo, I say, lay it on man!! ... ACNH Switch for $300 is awesome... I love the price.

Weird right.?

Totally weird.

An ACNS is a win, believe it or not. I'd like Nintendo to succeed. Some want to downplay Nintendo, I say, lay it on man!! ... ACNH Switch for $300 is awesome... I love the price.

Weird right.?

Totally weird.
I’d even go so far as to say not including the game and pricing it at 360 was a good decision too. I like the look of the console, but am pretty meh on actually getting the game itself.

It seems like the AC Switches were just the first off the boat. My store just got 75 of the regular skus.

Yea, I did my normal chores after work and saw 5-10 AC switches in stock (no neon/grey) and nearly all the GS had them already or on the way. Most didn't want to say how many they had (illusion or rarity!) Still debating picking one up or just the dock.  :oldman:

My local Walmart, Best Buy is sold out. I didn't bother with Target.

Of the GS's I went to today, one had a sign outside, posted on the door: "WE HAVE ACNH Switches!". They had 1 left. (Comically, the local Mom&Pop shop had one too, but it wasn't $300 (they go by PriceCharting - and they will sell it, eventually, IMO, at their $400).

Whatever stock is out there will evaporate soon. Stores don't have standard V2 Switches in stock, but they have Limited Editions [WTF]? ACNH Switches are getting gobbled up by people that don't even care about AC. They work? They're limited? Good enough.
It's better than being stuck with Gamestop credit. I ordered 1 and found one new locally too. I don't want to be stuck with 1K Gamestop TC. You also have those who don't care because they are on that PS5, Xbox next gen hype release. Judging by the listings and craigslist standard Switches are going to be easy to come by now. Now this guy, bought 9 of them, lol

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Switch-32GB-Console-Newest-Model-V2-Brand-New-Free-Expedited-Shipping/224172409339?hash=item3431b781fb%3Ag%3AK2UAAOSwLOlfcK-Z&LH_BIN=1&LH_ItemCondition=1000

I got one but Gamestop employee added a lot of unnecessary things without being overt and obvious (PUR/warranty+game) so I returned it. I went online and saw it was available there but decided to wait. Then I saw it sold out (this was maybe on Wednesday). I saw that they had bundles so I ordered two for me and my lady. Then all of a sudden they weren't sold out of just the console so now I am out of luck since they included a digital code in one of the bundles so I don't think I can cancel the shipment sadly (sent codes instantly).

For some reason, I really like this design even if I don't like animal crossing really, must be the color palette.

It's better than being stuck with Gamestop credit. I ordered 1 and found one new locally too. I don't want to be stuck with 1K Gamestop TC. You also have those who don't care because they are on that PS5, Xbox next gen hype release. Judging by the listings and craigslist standard Switches are going to be easy to come by now. Now this guy, bought 9 of them, lol

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Switch-32GB-Console-Newest-Model-V2-Brand-New-Free-Expedited-Shipping/224172409339?hash=item3431b781fb%3Ag%3AK2UAAOSwLOlfcK-Z&LH_BIN=1&LH_ItemCondition=1000
The sale margin is low, however. All it takes is one dusche to rip a seller off, and the whole deal for all 9 systems is a wash. Poor resellers.

I'd recommend holding long term, no immediate flips.

Looks like GS is offering $175 for a Switch towards the ACNH switch... anyone know if GS cares if its the old V1 model or needs to be the V2?   :argue:

EDIT: nevermind, totally forgot I was keeping my old V1s to someday mod  :shame:  old serials ftw!

Looks like GS is offering $175 for a Switch towards the ACNH switch... anyone know if GS cares if its the old V1 model or needs to be the V2? :argue:

(looking up trade values for "Switch console" show $175 for the V2, $150 for the V1 - so wondering if they would just bump up the V1 $25... doesn't seem like much of a promo heh)
Estarland is offering 285 credit for a switch. They were offering a full three hundred, but it dropped a bit since the consoles flooded the market.

https://www.estarland.com/trade-in/sell/NintendoSwitch/Nintendo-Switch-System-Trade-in/54424

Interesting, I have no exp with those guys - anyone use them regularly? Their stock seems pretty low on stuff I'd be interested in and prices kinda above average, but they do take some random crap for trade in.
I have bought around 5 games from them this year, and all have come in great condition.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

bread's done
Back