Nintendo Switch Console Stock Thread - Mario Odyssey bundle announced

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
The Switch is here! And some of us are still struggling to find one D:

Let's help each other out!

Keep in mind if the price in these links are over retail it's a 3rd party seller.

NowInStock and Brickseek are options for finding info on stock, but it's not very accurate sometimes- http://www.nowinstock.net/

MARIO ODYSSEY BUNDLE

Gamestop - http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey-bundle/153465

Best Buy - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey-edition-red-joy-con/5919905.p?skuId=5919905&ref=199&loc=FKSJxY2VJAk&acampID=1&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-OgVhAbX9LaZfnQUbxjDyow

Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B075N7RDTM/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20?th=1

OTHER SYSTEMS

WALMART

Splatoon 2 Bundle - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Hardware-with-Splatoon-2-Neon-Green-Neon-Pink-Joy-Cons-Nintendo-Switch/394092847?u1=&oid=223073.1&wmlspartner=FKSJxY2VJAk&sourceid=01744705420918584935&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

Gray- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Console-Gray-Joy-Con/291008375

Neon- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Console-with-Neon-Blue-and-Neon-Red-Joy-Con/714679279

BEST BUY

Gray- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-console-gray-joy-con/5670003.p?skuId=5670003

Neon- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-console-neon-red-neon-blue-joy-con/5670100.p?skuId=5670100

GAMESTOP

Gray- http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-console-with-gray-joy-con/141820

Neon- http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-console-with-neon-blue-and-neon-red-joy-con/141887

AMAZON

Gray- https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Gray-Joy-Con/dp/B01LTHP2ZK/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1489860263&sr=1-3&keywords=nintendo+switch

Neon- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MUAGZ49/ref=twister_B01N6ROMCO?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

TARGET

Gray- http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-with-gray-joy-con/-/A-52052007

Neon- http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-with-neon-blue-and-red-joy-con/-/A-52189185

Toys R Us

http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=119659196&sr=1&origkw=nintendo%20switch%20console&ff=Taxonomy&fg=Category&fd=&fv=2254197

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anybody seen a Switch available for shipping at Best Buy recently? I'd like to save that extra tax but I'm considering just ordering one for in-store pickup tomorrow. It will sit unplayed until at least Mario Odyssey but I'd like to secure one soon in advance of Xenoblade 2.

How well does BB pack consoles when they ship?
Not very. They will ship in a box and throw in some air pillows, but the shipping boxes are invariably too big, so if you're hoping to get a pristine outer console box, I'd say your odds are fairly low. Almost every console I have ordered from Best Buy (including a launch Switch) has showed up with an outer box that has dents or major indentations, probably done before it was even shipped.

They used to just throw the box into a plastic bag.  But the switch I received from them and returned at launch arrived in great shape, in a slightly larger box.  Depends on luck.

Yeah, BB for me has been hit & miss for sure. My Bayonetta Amiibo was packaged perfectly, and then I get orders that defy logic. For sure just a roll of the dice.

This is what frustrates me about Nintendo and hardware. They come out with a basic and you buy. Then they keep coming out with new custom consoles based on games that are cool and I want also. But buying a console again and again makes no sense.

This is what frustrates me about Nintendo and hardware. They come out with a basic and you buy. Then they keep coming out with new custom consoles based on games that are cool and I want also. But buying a console again and again makes no sense.
Add to that, there's currently no way to transfer data to a new console. I imagine it's in the works but hopefully have something in place when they have a true special edition. So far it has just been joycons and cases, thankfully other regions realize this stupidity and offer the joycons separate, unlike NoA.

maybe 6 months or so ago...possibly a bit longer. You used to have to use one of the 3rd party shipping services but they ship directly now.
Yeah, I was trying to get something earlier this year from there and didn't want to mess with a third party. Think it was an an Asia only Transformer for my kids. They get some cool ones over there(and some really word ones. Lucky I crawled out of that rabbit hole after buying 35 of the RID warriors class for my kids, who still don't know because they are 5 and can't quite deal with a 15-25 step process some require.

Add to that, there's currently no way to transfer data to a new console. I imagine it's in the works but hopefully have something in place when they have a true special edition. So far it has just been joycons and cases, thankfully other regions realize this stupidity and offer the joycons separate, unlike NoA.
ya sucks about the saves i have to exchange the one i bought at best buy a week ago cuz i never tried it docked until now...its super slow when docked fine when playing in portable mode..nintendo said either itll repair it or i can go exchange it at bb .. but have to lose my zelda save good thing i only played about an hr .. my suggestion is to fully test the console before starting a game long term lol.. lets hope my second one works better!

my suggestion is to fully test the console before starting a game long term lol.. lets hope my second one works better!
Yeah, that's a hard lesson to learn, but I had the same thing happen with my launch Vita. I installed my screen protector, full body skin, etc. Then found out my touch screen was defective. So while the games didn't matter, I lost the screen protector and skin, as I couldn't re-use them after being installed.

I was always about keeping my units perfect, so before doing anything, I would install the protection. Now, having learned that hard lesson, I go through a check list before doing anything else.

I check the screen for dead pixels, touch screen, mic, camera, wi-fi, headphone jack, cart slot. Pretty much any and every feature of the system in question. Then I'll put on the protection, once I know everything is good to go. How the hell "N" has a system in this day and age and not allow for save transfers.....Well, honestly, it's expected, as for every step forward they take, we get at least 2 back(if not 3-4). LOL

my suggestion is to fully test the console before starting a game long term lol.. lets hope my second one works better!
Won a Switch at a conference last week and it just showed up today (looks like they overpaid some 3rd party Amz seller to get it too). Wasn't planning on using it for a while, but sounds like I should buy some eShop game now to test it a bit.

Time to order for in-store pickup to help get a minty console
With BB, that's normally the best way to go when it's offered. I only ever get mostly vanilla games, or some Amiibo/Skylanders for my son, so 9 out of 10 times, BB packaging isn't an issue either way, but I have have many things arrive poorly packaged.

How much you wanna bet this is going to be the initial freebie when Virtual Console launches.
More than likely, or it was a part of the development units, so they could test the features of the JC, and was never removed. But if I was betting, I would say it's part of some silly as scheme coming in the future, for God only knows what. In the end, I'm sure it will be a disappointment once fully revealed, so enjoy the speculation now, as I'm sure the reality of it will be a kick to the nads. LOL

With BB, that's normally the best way to go when it's offered. I only ever get mostly vanilla games, or some Amiibo/Skylanders for my son, so 9 out of 10 times, BB packaging isn't an issue either way, but I have have many things arrive poorly packaged.

More than likely, or it was a part of the development units, so they could test the features of the JC, and was never removed. But if I was betting, I would say it's part of some silly as scheme coming in the future, for God only knows what. In the end, I'm sure it will be a disappointment once fully revealed, so enjoy the speculation now, as I'm sure the reality of it will be a kick to the nads. LOL
I don't know "C", actually sounds pretty cool if it had some of the same feeling as Wii Sports Golf. And if I end up getting kicked in the nads it's no big deal, they're made of steal. 😌

Yeah, that's a hard lesson to learn, but I had the same thing happen with my launch Vita. I installed my screen protector, full body skin, etc. Then found out my touch screen was defective. So while the games didn't matter, I lost the screen protector and skin, as I couldn't re-use them after being installed.

I was always about keeping my units perfect, so before doing anything, I would install the protection. Now, having learned that hard lesson, I go through a check list before doing anything else.

I check the screen for dead pixels, touch screen, mic, camera, wi-fi, headphone jack, cart slot. Pretty much any and every feature of the system in question. Then I'll put on the protection, once I know everything is good to go. How the hell "N" has a system in this day and age and not allow for save transfers.....Well, honestly, it's expected, as for every step forward they take, we get at least 2 back(if not 3-4). LOL
the good news is my 2nd console works fine phew :).. did an exchange was pretty painless.. good thing they had the gray one in stock otherwise i would have been stuck with the neon one.. i wouldn't mind an all blue neon one but just don't like the red :p.. I actually also had to lose a tempered glassed protector :(.. and tried installing the 2nd one and of course it didn't come out that great .. the 1st one was perfect.. 2nd one .. not the greatest but it'll do for now :).. i love the dock and how you can play the same game on the go and at home.. really hope some more great games come out for this thing.. i already sold my doom and rime for ps4 and will buy them on switch whenever they go on sale .. i hear final fantasy 15 might come to switch .. that would be amazing.. having a almost 1 year old kid makes the switch a lot easier to play on because you can stop it and resume at anytime.. rather than have to set up the tv and turn it off etc..

So they're not just two neon reds a new darker red then? They've done little to advertise as such.

So they're not just two neon reds a new darker red then? They've done little to advertise as such.
I thought it looked rather apparent in the pictures of the box that the color was a "Mario Red" Vs. the standard neon red ones. The Mario ones are a deep dark red, while the neon bundle is clearly a "neon red" like a highlighter red would look(a softer, pastel like color).

Considering that bundle will probably sell like hot cakes, I don't really think they need to do much more, as that's just wasting advertising funds. When Mario arrives to rave reviews, this bundle is going to sell if it had two **** brown JC included. LOL

I thought it looked rather apparent in the pictures of the box that the color was a "Mario Red" Vs. the standard neon red ones. The Mario ones are a deep dark red, while the neon bundle is clearly a "neon red" like a highlighter red would look(a softer, pastel like color).

Considering that bundle will probably sell like hot cakes, I don't really think they need to do much more, as that's just wasting advertising funds. When Mario arrives to rave reviews, this bundle is going to sell if it had two **** brown JC included. LOL
Oh you're talking the Goomba edition.

What joycons haven't they offered separate? The Walmart exclusive Splatoon colored ones? They have 5 other colored pairs of joycons. Blue neon, Red neon, Grey, Red&Blue Neon R/L and neon yellow. Or do you mean other regions offer up one joycon separate? I guess I hadn't thought about that. Never occurred to me to just one want I guess. Hell I don't even think buying a pair is a great deal. I would probably just buying another Switch if I wanted another pair of joycons.

Yes, they confirmed during the presentation earlier in the week that Japan would be getting them separately along with the carrying case separately. That's not the case for the US, however, at least not yet.
We all know the US will not be getting them separately, just the bundle. We didn't get splatoon one's either. Best bet would be getting them from japan or europe.

Sometimes you just gotta love fleebay...

[attachment=28015:Switches.png]

ZOMFG SO RARE SOLD OUT EVERYWHERE PAY ME $9999999.

Walk into my local walmart a few days ago and see this:

[attachment=28016:IMG_20170915_104929.jpg]

Well 'ok' I thought maybe I just got lucky enough to walk into the place on the day they got some new stock in. Couple days or so later, still see all these Switches including a few Splatoon 2 bundles.

So I did what any man with his priorities straight does and bought one, because why not.. just take my money Nintendo, you bastards.

A nearby Target also had a few Switches in stock, mostly gray but also a couple neons. So am I just getting lucky or has the Switch drought come to an end?

Nintendo announced ramp up of production, so it's expected. Best Buy in SoCal sells out of new shipments in 2-3 days but Target and Walmart maintain inventory or can get cross-store shipment for pickup. However, some people can't be bothered with going to 5 different stores to see if it's in stock, so they'll overpay or settle for eBay because they're not CAGers. And some are collectors. I sold my Splatoon 2 Switch box to a local collector for over $30.

Boooo! Nintendo should just  sell us Switch early Adopters an empty Splatoon bundle box so we don't feel bad! 

...Like they did in Japan. >.>

Targets have been well-stocked here for around two months.  Best Buys usually have a couple in-stock too.  Splatoon bundles are just sitting there inside all the Walmarts. 

The Switch shortage hasn't been a thing for months.  There's just plenty of people who prefer to complain on the internet, or can't be bothered to leave their houses and go into stores. 

I think it varies.  I have seen more and more stock... but all local Walmarts are sold out of the Splatoon bundle near me (they also have a layaway sign right next to them at a few stores, so that surely helps).  

Targets near me have the Gray units (but they do move fairly quickly).  

I finally decided to buy one, want a Neon and can't find one at any retailer.  I've tried MANY.  Though I have seen a fair amount of Grays out there.  So I keep checking.  

I'm waiting for the Super Mario Odyssey reviews. If it fairs well, I think I'll pick up this bundle or maybe find a used Switch on Craigslist and get the game separately. 

I'm waiting for the Super Mario Odyssey reviews. If it fairs well, I think I'll pick up this bundle or maybe find a used Switch on Craigslist and get the game separately.
Oh come on man. Let's not forget this is Nintendo we're talking about. We'll give them hell over artificial shortages and backwards ass online team speak but one thing we don't dock them for is the quality of 1st party main series Mario games. Expect 9's across the board.

I'd be all over this bundle if it came with a physical copy of the game, mostly for the box art. No interest at all in download especially with switch titles being on cartridges that should last years & no worries of drive failures. I like physical as you can see from my latest build.

21616524_1741732012535797_4574880690234826735_n.jpg
21616139_1741732202535778_2576566860484264062_n.jpg

The NES golf built in to the Switch is actually a cool tribute to Iwata, so props to "N", as it wasn't some ass-backwards scheme as I thought originally. It only technically works once a year, but it's a fitting day, so I'll leave it at that. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=CGN6QXv7sfs

Been seeing Switch's in stock all around me... Except Wal-Mart surprisingly. Have yet to see a Splatoon Bundle. My local Wal-Mart has been dry for the last month. Craigslist is listing them at $330 MSRP +tax.

Been seeing Switch's in stock all around me... Except Wal-Mart surprisingly. Have yet to see a Splatoon Bundle. My local Wal-Mart has been dry for the last month. Craigslist is listing them at $330 MSRP +tax.
I checked the link posted on this thread at 4 or 5 a.m. this morning and the splatoon 2 bundle was available on Walmart.com. I was actually a bit shocked so if possible you might want to set alarm to check during the wee hours of the morning.

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned or talked about before, but what are your predictions regarding the Switch for this year's Black Friday?

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned or talked about before, but what are your predictions regarding the Switch for this year's Black Friday?
Some places may offer deals, but don't expect anything great from "N" directly. As there is no reason for them to offer anything, when the system is selling this well. As for individual retailers, who knows?

Stock checker tools helped a ton.  Grabbed a Neon from a local Walmart when they got a decent restock this week.   

Main logic on my end was I wanted to get one before Mario and before the real holiday rush.  I think there may be some low level retailer bundles, but nothing that will be too exciting or easy to get.  

I really hope they include a game. The bundles are too expensive right now
Depending on the retailer, you might get some 1 2 Switch thrown in for your troubles. LOL

Seriously though, anything is possible on BF, and for the PS4 or ONE, I would expect some pretty good offerings(discounts, extras, games, etc). For the NS, I wouldn't be holding my breath for anything great, and if something is offered worth wild, it will probably be impossible to get unless you want to camp out for days. Or hope to get in on the few seconds such deals are offered online, but either way it won't be easy.

I don't think you'll see a discounted bundle. Why would they? It's selling well. It will be the console's first xmas. Mario is coming out and it's looking good. Demand goes way up during xmas. Not sure they will have enough supply to meet xmas demand as it is.

Maybe a store, if they are allowed to, will do their own bundle as a loss leader. But ...the time you'd have to put into waiting in line to get that discount ....not sure how that would be worth it? You could get a bigger discount working the same shift in a $10/hr job at McDonalds

This really isn't a deal, but for those who don't want to deal with retailers in Japan, NCSX has the Splatoon 2 Pro Controller for $86.98, and their cheapest shipping option is media mail, which for me showed up at $2.81.

They are located in NY, so if you live closer, you may have better options for cheaper and faster delivery, but you get the point. I can also vouch for NCSX, as they are a pretty good import shop, and I was greatly in debt thanks to using them back in the early 32/64-bit era. LOL

http://www.shopncsx.com/4902370536980.aspx

EDIT: Orders are due to ship tomorrow based on their expected arrival date(on or around), so be aware of that.

This really isn't a deal, but for those who don't want to deal with retailers in Japan, NCSX has the Splatoon 2 Pro Controller for $86.98, and their cheapest shipping option is media mail, which for me showed up at $2.81.

They are located in NY, so if you live closer, you may have better options for cheaper and faster delivery, but you get the point. I can also vouch for NCSX, as they are a pretty good import shop, and I was greatly in debt thanks to using them back in the early 32/64-bit era. LOL

http://www.shopncsx.com/4902370536980.aspx

EDIT: Orders are due to ship tomorrow based on their expected arrival date(on or around), so be aware of that.
I would hate get a postage due delivery because a controller is definitely not media mail. Heck, video games aren't media mail.

bread's done
Back