Nintendo Switch Console Stock Thread - Mario Odyssey bundle announced

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
The Switch is here! And some of us are still struggling to find one D:

Let's help each other out!

Keep in mind if the price in these links are over retail it's a 3rd party seller.

NowInStock and Brickseek are options for finding info on stock, but it's not very accurate sometimes- http://www.nowinstock.net/

MARIO ODYSSEY BUNDLE

Gamestop - http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey-bundle/153465

Best Buy - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey-edition-red-joy-con/5919905.p?skuId=5919905&ref=199&loc=FKSJxY2VJAk&acampID=1&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-OgVhAbX9LaZfnQUbxjDyow

Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B075N7RDTM/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20?th=1

OTHER SYSTEMS

WALMART

Splatoon 2 Bundle - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Hardware-with-Splatoon-2-Neon-Green-Neon-Pink-Joy-Cons-Nintendo-Switch/394092847?u1=&oid=223073.1&wmlspartner=FKSJxY2VJAk&sourceid=01744705420918584935&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

Gray- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Console-Gray-Joy-Con/291008375

Neon- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Console-with-Neon-Blue-and-Neon-Red-Joy-Con/714679279

BEST BUY

Gray- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-console-gray-joy-con/5670003.p?skuId=5670003

Neon- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-console-neon-red-neon-blue-joy-con/5670100.p?skuId=5670100

GAMESTOP

Gray- http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-console-with-gray-joy-con/141820

Neon- http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-console-with-neon-blue-and-neon-red-joy-con/141887

AMAZON

Gray- https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Gray-Joy-Con/dp/B01LTHP2ZK/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1489860263&sr=1-3&keywords=nintendo+switch

Neon- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MUAGZ49/ref=twister_B01N6ROMCO?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

TARGET

Gray- http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-with-gray-joy-con/-/A-52052007

Neon- http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-with-neon-blue-and-red-joy-con/-/A-52189185

Toys R Us

http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=119659196&sr=1&origkw=nintendo%20switch%20console&ff=Taxonomy&fg=Category&fd=&fv=2254197

Last edited by a moderator:
The Switch is here to stay.  It's going to be awesome.  All the people talking shit are going to be buying one within a year when you actually sit down and get hands-on with a few games at a friends house and see how excellently it plays games. It's something that can't be put into words really.  It's just very satisfying. 

I had a full month playing Zelda.  Now it's been collecting dust for three weeks, but that's only because I'm playing other fantastic '17 games.  Mariokart comes out in two days.  Another thing the naysayers don't seem to get is that I can turn around and sell my Switch back $300+ whenever I feel like it. 

Doesn't exactly sound like a ringing endorsement, lol.
100 hours on Zelda and it was fantastic. I've been playing Persona 5 for three weeks. Got rank 40 again on Magic Duels before the expansion and season changeover tonight. Heroes of the Storm has two timed available Overwatch skins and they're running a promotion to give away 20 free heroes. Fire Emblem Heroes just added Ike and some new characters last night. 2017 is an amazing time to be a gamer. I've been playing so many great games and there isn't enough time in the day to play them all. Nioh is still the best GOTY.

The point was that it's collecting dust currently, I'm not some Nintendo fanboy, I'm still happy and completely satisfied with my Switch purchase nearly two months later, and I will be playing it again starting Friday.

Huh? I know a lot of people forget this but Nintendo's favorite customers outside of their adult diehards are children. Parents are going to flock to the Switch over the PS4 and X1 once that store associate tells them that the Switch is both a portable and home console.
I honestly don't think that will be the case, at least not yet. "N" normally does well in that arena by having items priced for that demographic. A handheld at nearly $400 with a game, is not going to do as well as the 2DS or even the 3DS at it's cheaper price, and still competitive priced games at$20-$40 on average, where the NS average is $40-$60.

The NS along side the ONE/PS4 might make the sale, but I think most parents would opt for cheaper "N" offerings, or just get the games that are out for IOS/Android, and skip the NS altogether. I think even a Wii U currently is a much better value for parents looking to satisfy a kids interest, as it can be had cheap, and has a solid library of cheap games as well.

If and when we see a cheaper Switch offering(sub $200), that is when the kid audience may begin to make a difference, but at it's current price, that is going to be a hard pill to swallow for most parents, myself included.

If you want to have a real discussion about consoles that actually are going to bust, then look no further than the Scorpio.  That thing has Wii U sales forecasting tattooed all over it.

The Switch is selling like hotcakes and interest remains high, with a few big exclusives coming out later this year.  Xenoblade 2, Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2. Dare I say possibly even Dragon Quest 10 or 11?! 

The real interesting part about the Switch for me is importing things like the Asian-English 'I am Setsuna' physical copy, and the Seiken Denetsu collection.  http://kotaku.com/nintendo-switch-is-getting-seiken-densetsu-collection-i-1793471524 That's 'Secret of Mana' and pals, for you dinguses out there.

Southpark Target ATX has the Neon Switch in stock as of 11am. Sorry for the poor picture quality.

23ve2r7.jpg

As much fun as I have had playing my Switch I wouldn't buy one again at this point, I'd want to wait and see what actually drops for the rest of the year. If one or two big titles misses the 17 release window it's a pretty barren landscape. 

The Pinellas Park, FL Walmart (on 19) had 12 gray switches as of noon.  I thought they were those 'filler' boxes at first.  Was a bit shocked to see so many in one place.

I honestly don't think that will be the case, at least not yet. "N" normally does well in that arena by having items priced for that demographic. A handheld at nearly $400 with a game, is not going to do as well as the 2DS or even the 3DS at it's cheaper price, and still competitive priced games at$20-$40 on average, where the NS average is $40-$60.

The NS along side the ONE/PS4 might make the sale, but I think most parents would opt for cheaper "N" offerings, or just get the games that are out for IOS/Android, and skip the NS altogether. I think even a Wii U currently is a much better value for parents looking to satisfy a kids interest, as it can be had cheap, and has a solid library of cheap games as well.

If and when we see a cheaper Switch offering(sub $200), that is when the kid audience may begin to make a difference, but at it's current price, that is going to be a hard pill to swallow for most parents, myself included.
Bull crap. Unlike you I actually work with children full time, year around, (stupid enough to teach summer school) and I can assure you that parents for Gen Z will full buy their kids iPads, iPhones, and other very expensive tech. Hell a 4th grader at my school has an Apple Watch. 300 dollars in 2017 is really nothing in the world of consumer electronics.

Bull crap. Unlike you I actually work with children full time, year around, (stupid enough to teach summer school) and I can assure you that parents for Gen Z will full buy their kids iPads, iPhones, and other very expensive tech. Hell a 4th grader at my school has an Apple Watch. 300 dollars in 2017 is really nothing in the world of consumer electronics.
Yeah, but ipads, iPhones, and apple watches have many, many more uses than a Switch, and also tens of thousands of games available for them. Not much of an argument for people to buy a Switch, with almost no games and very limited capabilities (including no apps for anything).

Yeah, but ipads, iPhones, and apple watches have many, many more uses than a Switch, and also tens of thousands of games available for them. Not much of an argument for people to buy a Switch, with almost no games and very limited capabilities (including no apps for anything).
Except that an iPhone and an iPad are just that for a 10 year old, a game machine with a splash of Youtube.

Except that an iPhone and an iPad are just that for a 10 year old, a game machine with a splash of Youtube.
All the more reason to skip the Switch, I agree.

And you're forgetting a ton of social apps that kids use these days, none of which will be convenient on the Switch (if they ever even come out on it).

I saw 1 neon colored Switch at Target in Buffalo, NY at noon. It was in the case with the 3DS systems.  Some of my friends confirmed the Target & GameStop in Niagara Falls also had Switches this morning. Happy hunting everyone!

Apple Watch is the most useless thing in the world, especially for a child.

That's cool, I pick my son up from school every day, and see the same crowds of kids as well, and I agree, parents will spend all types of money on expensive devices, I just don't see the NS being one of them, outside of the early adoption crowd.

If kids where a HUGE factor, and cost was not an issue, the Wii U would have sold better. As it had tons of other uses, and kids where it's major market as well. Why did that not sale at huge numbers for young kids, but now the NS is going to? I'm curious as to your thoughts on that subject?

As mention by others, the NS only plays a small amount of games currently, and has ZERO uses next to any other $300-$700 device. Most of my sons male friends at his age level of 11, would for sure sooner buy a PS4/ONE at there current price, than the NS at much more and offers way less. My son also knows girls in that age group, and while tons of them have phones, very few if any have any "N" products, and could care less for video games in general, but that's my observation, and it obviously varies greatly next to yours.

Saw a grey switch in stock at my local target for the first time ever. Would've bought it if I hadn't already gotten one from TRU beginning of the month

Went to Gamestop to get a Switch only (I had already bought a handful from gamestop in the past) and the guy looks at my file on the computer for a good 15 seconds and tells me that it "appears that I already purchased one from them." He then proceeded to ask what I would be doing with an extra Switch which took me by surprise.  I said to play multiplayer MK8.  He then told me that GS is trying to sell to people that don't have one already so if I wanted a Switch, I needed to buy something with it since he couldn't sell the system by itself since it deters scalpers (but I'm pretty sure he cares about his attachment rate/score/stats since he was the only guy in the store).  Ah, there's always a catch.  Rather than to just walk out or complain, i just got a Zelda Switch case at the $5 markup ($24.99) which I'm probably going to return.  Pretty annoyed.  Any comments or thoughts?  

Pretty annoyed. Any comments or thoughts?
That's GS, and their in it to win it. LOL

I'm sure they'll be selling those to whomever walks through the door soon, as I just saw one at Walmart a few days ago, so I'm sure the tipping point of regular inventory is about to be reached, but I guess it's cool they are trying to offer them to those who may not have one.

They have been getting the gray switches since Monday but they have been selling faster then they can restock them. The neons go straight to the warehouse for bundles.
It's a good thing Gamestop only sells videogames. If they sold medicine or anything else vital, we'd be fucked.

Went to Gamestop to get a Switch only (I had already bought a handful from gamestop in the past) and the guy looks at my file on the computer for a good 15 seconds and tells me that it "appears that I already purchased one from them." He then proceeded to ask what I would be doing with an extra Switch which took me by surprise. I said to play multiplayer MK8. He then told me that GS is trying to sell to people that don't have one already so if I wanted a Switch, I needed to buy something with it since he couldn't sell the system by itself since it deters scalpers (but I'm pretty sure he cares about his attachment rate/score/stats since he was the only guy in the store). Ah, there's always a catch. Rather than to just walk out or complain, i just got a Zelda Switch case at the $5 markup ($24.99) which I'm probably going to return. Pretty annoyed. Any comments or thoughts?
Yeah, I have a thought. Gamestop is the worst.

If you're buying something like a Switch or an NES classic just tell them you don't have a PUR account. You can also get a second PUR account for additional purchases so you don't get interrogations from the little corporate junior detectives.

Switch is suppose to be one per household till further notice.

Making you buy crap to get another one however is bullshit.
That's the main problem I have with the rule. It is good they are trying to deter scalpers with one per household for a highly desired item, but letting you bypass that with an additional purchase? That's just means they want a cut since they are allowing people to walk around the rule if you buy something else. It is bullshit.

That's the main problem I have with the rule. It is good they are trying to deter scalpers with one per household for a highly desired item, but letting you bypass that with an additional purchase? That's just means they want a cut since they are allowing people to walk around the rule if you buy something else. It is bullshit.
It's the employee being shady. We aren't directed to sell systems only if they buy other stuff. Obviously they'd prefer that but id leave a nasty survey.

Switch is suppose to be one per household till further notice.

Making you buy crap to get another one however is bullshit.
Thanks for letting me know and agreed. Deader, as a GS employee, can I ask you what kind of information an associate is able to see when they pull up my PUR account? I am guessing: months left until PUR membership expires, prior transactions such as purchases and trade-ins (how far can this go back ?). Does the screen also show payment method used for the transaction like PUR certificates, the type of credit card, and etc? Does it also show returns as well? What stuff is prominent - stuff that really pops out?

Can only see last 5 items bought. Can't see trades or how an item was paid. Doesn't show returns.

Associates can make notes on a person's account however.

GS employees also do this thing "Hey did you know you could have saved $357 last year if you were a Power Up Pro member??"  So I know that's some sort of screen event for them when they scan my PUR card. 

It's such bullshit.  I didn't buy three thousand dollars worth of used games last year.  I bought $100 in used games -maybe-. They track all the stuff you buy and add up things like price slashes, clearance savings, bonus trade-in dollars, the value of your free item from a B2G1 and then feed that line of bullshit to unsuspecting customers as a way to sell Pro accounts.

I buy the $15 pro account ever year for the magazine sub anyways.  Don't lie to my face you morons.  It's so obnoxious when a dumb person treats you like you're just as dumb as they are. 

I'm hard on GS.  But that's because I get force fed an average of 1 lie per visit to their stores. They are as disingenuous as it comes. 

Thankfully there are a few nice employees at various locations.   I try to visit those ones when I want to browse used games for a few minutes or else buy things.  However, they don't usually last for too long in that culture. 

Can only see last 5 items bought. Can't see trades or how an item was paid. Doesn't show returns.

Associates can make notes on a person's account however.
Thanks. Funny how the guy studied the damn screen for so long I could have sworn computer went back as far as a few years ago.

So this whole thing about not licking Switch carts was just a joke?  I gave two carts several good licks and taste nothing.

Seen quite a few the last 2 days at 2 different targets in pacoima ca, and van Nuys north on Raymer target. Would love to get one but there is no games that I like as of yet . I hope to find an Nes soon but that's like winning the lotto at this point .

Seen quite a few the last 2 days at 2 different targets in pacoima ca, and van Nuys north on Raymer target. Would love to get one but there is no games that I like as if yet . I hope to find an Nes soon but that's like winning the lotto at this point .
NES is discontinued meaning there will be no more shipments, this past monday at Best Buy with them holding them for that day was probably the last chance you had of getting one besides 2nd hand market.

Did Amazon ever have another shipment of mini's after the cancellation was announced? That seemed like a good chance, but since them and "N" don't play nice, they may not have gotten any of these last runs, so yeah, it's pretty much over unless some places get a few random deliveries over the next week or so.

Right, but we could already count on support from games like Dark Souls, FFXV, Wticher 3, MGSV, Tomb Raider, Batman, Dishonored, RE7, and countless 3rd party games to stop-gap between Uncharted, Horizon, The Last Guardian and so on. Even if Switch got half of those as ports, they would be drastically watered down or require internet connection to play (defeating the purpose of mobility outside the house). You can't sit there and say Nintendo has turned things around, because they haven't.

If they had really wanted to Switch things up, being relevant with gamers (not just devoted fans) again would be a good start.
None of those games were even announced year one for other systems LOL let alone PS4

No idea why someone would want ports of them to begin with seeing as you know most are on 2-4 systems and most people could and already have played them there.

Hate to tell you sir but most resturants/stores have internet connections I myself used to play my 3DS at starbucks or in my college cafe all the time

I think the Wii U put a sour taste in a lot of people's mouths I am not going to lie other than first part it sucked. Thing is we are what 2 months into the Switch and it already has one of the (atleast according to metacritc) games of all time. Did PS4 have this ... no it didn't.

Your argument relies on all of these people wanting ports of 2-3yr old games that seems to be irrevalent if you ask me. I would say give the system a try but I doubt you will so I guess I will just have to agree to disagree with you and move on.

Well, porting them to the switch would be nice just for the fact that you can play bigger titles on the go.

And, its not like having more options is a bad thing.

Not at the school my wife teaches at.

I see a friendly discussion about the NS, and different opinions on the subject. I don't see anyone rallying against the machine, and if they are, their given points on why they believe what they do. That is what happens in a "open" forum. If you want a "N" love fest, open a thread, and password lock it and keep those out you don't want to post, otherwise people will continue to give their thoughts, and your post will only go to open up arguments to the contrary.

Why aren't you off playing your NS, as this is a thread to buy the system, and not for game deals, so you should already have it, and be playing, so why would you even be here? The question works both ways. I currently own a N3DS which I play most days, as well as a Wii U I recently bought that I'm playing Zelda on currently as well. If Zelda was currently being discussed, I would be talking about that, and probably in the positive, as I'm currently enjoying the game, but there are also some issues, which I would discuss as well.
Ha. hahaha. The video game version of "but I have a black friend."

Also, the replies to my post were quite telling in that A) I never quoted anyone and B) never singled anyone out yet there were still those who clearly reacted as if my post were directed at them. That right there says everything that needs to be said about what's going on in this thread.

The mentality of "I'm not gonna buy this new console but instead I'll expend endless energy trashing it and its maker" whenever a new console comes out has grown so damn tired.

bread's done
Back