Nintendo Switch Dock $69.99 at Best Buy. In store only.

zaxxon2000

CAGiversary!
B.B. has the Nintendo Switch Dock kit normally $89.99 for $69.99.

I checked online before I went and it was $89.99. I intended to buy the cheap Insignia brand.
I checked the price inside 2 stores.

Last edited by a moderator:
Real question though, If I have two of these doeas that mean instant access to two separate TVs? Can I dock the handheld device and play wherever?

Real question though, If I have two of these doeas that mean instant access to two separate TVs? Can I dock the handheld device and play wherever?
Yes. The dock only converts the USB C output into hdmi and charges the battery simultaneously.

Ya isn’t this just a plastic dock that lets you connect switch to tv honestly this should be 39.99 .. dunno why anyone would want more than one of these that already come in box but thanks for posting OP

I have two because I have two switch consoles. It is nice having one dock in the living room and a dock in the bedroom. If my son had his own TV I would buy a 3rd dock for it, hands down. It's just too convenient to pick up the console and walk to the other room, then simply slip it in the dock and resume playing. 

I do agree though, the value isn't there for a charger and dock. 

There is definitely reason to have more than one, but the price gouging by N is asinine and surely causes many people who would ordinarily invest in more say hell no..

My reason is for my daughter at grandmas house. Am I happy about it ? No. I just don’t trust the cheap Best Buy alternative. Oh well.

Great - finally got my SFANS mini dock on Friday after that cluster F of an Indiegogo campaign. PSA ... don't support Indiegogo. They don't advocate on behalf of backers and intentionally don't share information with backers to insulate themselves. Anyway, paid $69 for the SFANS and was thinking to myself "well, at least I didn't get screwed out of my money, I have a mini dock now and I guess I did save $20 off the cost of an N dock." Well, there goes that.

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

Actually, the Insignia dock might be better because it doesn't have the screen scratching issue some have reported with the Nintendo dock. 

Regardless, the Insignia dock is a much better value. I've had zero issues with it. 

Great - finally got my SFANS mini dock on Friday after that cluster F of an Indiegogo campaign. PSA ... don't support Indiegogo. They don't advocate on behalf of backers and intentionally don't share information with backers to insulate themselves. Anyway, paid $69 for the SFANS and was thinking to myself "well, at least I didn't get screwed out of my money, I have a mini dock now and I guess I did save $20 off the cost of an N dock." Well, there goes that.

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk
Hadn't heard of that until you mentioned it here. Wow, what a colossal fuck up. The initial product looked pretty cool and useful. And then ... they just made a dock. Yeesh.

I have two because I have two switch consoles. It is nice having one dock in the living room and a dock in the bedroom. If my son had his own TV I would buy a 3rd dock for it, hands down. It's just too convenient to pick up the console and walk to the other room, then simply slip it in the dock and resume playing.

I do agree though, the value isn't there for a charger and dock.
But didn’t both of your consoles come with one which is fine I meant why would anyone need to buy another one but I guess it’s convenience

But didn’t both of your consoles come with one which is fine I meant why would anyone need to buy another one but I guess it’s convenience
Yes, convenience. I have 2 switch and 2 TV. If I get my son a TV for his bedroom then we will have 3 TV with no way to conveniently move the Switch from room to room without having a 3rd dock of some sort.

Being that my son is only 6 it'll be a while before he gets his own TV so that won't be an issue. If he and I shared a single switch I'd have bought a 2nd dock so I could easily go from living room TV to bedroom TV.

Hadn't heard of that until you mentioned it here. Wow, what a colossal fuck up. The initial product looked pretty cool and useful. And then ... they just made a dock. Yeesh.
It actually does work, but the build quality is really, really pathetic for $69

For those getting these to have an extra one to travel with, keep in mind they also make much smaller dongles. I'm not sure if every USB-C to HDMI dongle with USB-PD passthrough would work, but there are ones specifically made to be compatible (supposedly) with Switch for about $20, and I'm sure they'd be much more convenient to travel with (would even fit in a pocket of your Switch carrying case, probably).

That being said, be really careful with untrusted brands. Best Buy's dock seems to have not brought up any issues, and they're an established brand that makes plenty of much more complicated electronics, but less technically savvy companies like Nyko and other no-name brands have cut corners on the USB-C spec and ended up frying Switches.

Price is still good today. I stopped in and did a return on an item and checked.

bread's done
Back