Nintendo Switch - General Discussion Thread

Hello.

I just bought a Nintendo Switch along with a few games. I don't plan on downloading digital games. That being said will the switches 32gb internal memory be enough for my 4 gamr saves? Or will my game cartridge of zelda need to install the 13gb size onto the system?

Hello.

I just bought a Nintendo Switch along with a few games. I don't plan on downloading digital games. That being said will the switches 32gb internal memory be enough for my 4 gamr saves? Or will my game cartridge of zelda need to install the 13gb size onto the system?
I'll try.

The internal memory should be more than enough for just game saves. The cartridges can have some installation or updates, but I don't think it's usually all that big. I think Zelda with all the DLC adds about 1 GB or so to the memory. Either way, they don't install the whole game to the storage in the way that Xbox does it.

I just got 60 gold points for registering my copy of Mario Odyssey!  Now I can get 60 cents off my next eshop purchase!  Unfortunately I couldn't get the 60 points for Breathe of the Wild :(.  While I am happy with my switch purchase (loving Super Mario Odyssey) , the old point system for nintendo purchases was so much better.    I bought several virtual console games with points from my wii u purchases.  This new point system is rather lame in my humble opinion!

Awww...Splatoon 2 is much better if you learn the motion controls. There is a break-in period, but once it clicks, it's excellent.
Very few top level players turn off motion controls. You can be way more accurate and way faster with them on.
Do you use the joy con with th straps in free hand held for rhe motions, or do you keep it in standard hand (pro controller style) mode?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello?

In regards to game sharing on the switch. Looks like I can add my account to a second switch. Log in to my account on that switch to play my downloaded games. However, it also looks like I'll need to stay logged in to my account on 2nd switch to play the game.

How does that affect game saves? Are game saves saved under my account?

Hello?

In regards to game sharing on the switch. Looks like I can add my account to a second switch. Log in to my account on that switch to play my downloaded games. However, it also looks like I'll need to stay logged in to my account on 2nd switch to play the game.

How does that affect game saves? Are game saves saved under my account?
Yes, they are. I'm doing the exact thing. If I play my kid's Switch on my account, I can backup the save to the cloud and on my Switch, I can download the latest save from the cloud. Same account and profile

I found a reddit thread on this. And I think their method works perfect. I am not paying for Nintendo's online service.

-I have 2 nintendo switches. One for my brother and one that I use.
-The account I started with we kept as the one for all digital purchases.
-On my switch I created a 2nd account that I log in and can play all the games from my primary account. I dont use the primary account to play.
-i added my primary account to my bros switch. That's the account he plays on.

With this method, we both can play the same digital game at the same time. Compared to the method where if we both played using the primary account only 1 switch would run the game.

I found a reddit thread on this. And I think their method works perfect. I am not paying for Nintendo's online service.

-I have 2 nintendo switches. One for my brother and one that I use.
-The account I started with we kept as the one for all digital purchases.
-On my switch I created a 2nd account that I log in and can play all the games from my primary account. I dont use the primary account to play.
-i added my primary account to my bros switch. That's the account he plays on.

With this method, we both can play the same digital game at the same time. Compared to the method where if we both played using the primary account only 1 switch would run the game.
Yup. That's how it normally works and you don't need Nintendo online service for that. But if you want cloud saving, you do. Otherwise, the games are saved locally. Also, even with online service, both Switches can't play the same digital game on the primary account (edit: I believe technically you can if the primary Switch is offline, the second switch needs to be online at all times to play digital games). The main draw of the service is cloud saving and playing MP online with others.

I splurged for the family account because my son wanted to play Smash Bros. online.  I probably could have just gotten him his own account for $20 instead of $35 since I don't see myself playing online any time soon - except maybe for Animal Crossing.  But having the cloud saves is nice I suppose.  And if my other son even shows any interest in playing then he can get online too.   All he plays is Fortnight on the Xbox One...

Also, I had bought a 128GB or 256GB card when I first got my Switch.  I think I'm using like 1GB of it, if that.  Oh well...

bread's done
Back