Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread 2.0

3d printed this stand to use instead of the built-in kick stand.

Kvo0MSe.jpg
f1VmZVS.jpg
Looks freaking sweet. Love the minimalist Switch logo in the corner.

FYI: Do not order amiibos at Best Buy and select the shipping option. They will ship it in a bubble mailer, not in a box. It might also arrive torn and a bit squashed, like mine did.

FYI: Do not order amiibos at Best Buy and select the shipping option. They will ship it in a bubble mailer, not in a box. It might also arrive torn and a bit squashed, like mine did.
Store pick up might not be much better. I picked up three that I sent to store, for the reason u quote, and all three had the cardboard back bent where the plastic enclosure ends.
Today I got three of guardian delivered. For some reason three different shipments warehouse, when it was all one order.
One came in a letter size bubble envelope, so hard forced in it was almost impossible to remove. The other two were in two separate oversized boxes with security tape all around. One had enough bubbles to protect it, the other not so much.
I don't know how BB ships out, if it's inhouse or outsourced. From talking to several customer service personnel, checking on shipping date, they made it seem like they send it out to shipper for packaging.

Along the same line, be very careful of buying any Nintendo switch console or accessories nd Zelda accessories from Amazon.
The seems to be a rash of seller popping up with prices well below the going rate. It first started out with one or two this weekend per item to between 10-20 or more over night.
They started by the same seller selling all the different types of Zelda amiibo and editions of the game for the same price, like $17.56 plus tax.
Another was $23.45. I stupidly ordered the special edition from th $17.56 seller, not know of pattern. I later saw pattern and tried to look at seller profile, but it was already removed. Talking to Amazon, they basically told me they know and if it looks out of norm don't buy it. I only bought it, bc I assumed it was probably lifted by some employee and being sold on Amazon.
I next looked at cases yesterday and same thing happened, it also some more reasonable prices, but to test it I added 100-200 in my cart.
Most were selling 100 or about that. I assumed some got bought.
Last night I noticed a downward trend in the console prices, jumps down of $20-$50. First one then 5 sellers. Some had 24 units to sell. Not possible. This morning some of the listings had 100 units in stock.
Most of these were just launch sellers, but not all.
There's no way these people can collect in long run, bc everyone is calling amazon.
The can only collect upon shipment, they only pay out once ever two weeks or if u ask for advance it takes 3 days. Maybe they figured they say shipped and customer would wait a week or two for package.
I'm guessing these people might be feed up with the high prices and hope to drive them down. But some price are well below list.

Store pick up might not be much better. I picked up three that I sent to store, for the reason u quote, and all three had the cardboard back bent where the plastic enclosure ends.
Today I got three of guardian delivered. For some reason three different shipments warehouse, when it was all one order.
One came in a letter size bubble envelope, so hard forced in it was almost impossible to remove. The other two were in two separate oversized boxes with security tape all around. One had enough bubbles to protect it, the other not so much.
I don't know how BB ships out, if it's inhouse or outsourced. From talking to several customer service personnel, checking on shipping date, they made it seem like they send it out to shipper for packaging.
It's either going to come from a store or a distribution center. Even if it's one order one place may not have it all so it will get sent from different locations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It may have to do with the number of ammibo ordered? I usually just pre-order the entire wave/set when they become available. So far all have shipped grouped together in a box. If you are ordering only one at a time, that might be why they come in a bubble mailer, or it may depend on the warehouse that is shipping. Just wanted to let people know this is not the case for all amiibo orders.

BB does padded envelope and box.  It's random.  Either  depends on where it comes from or who is packaging it or what they have on hand for packaging or all of the above.  I just received 3 more Zelda amiibos from BB and 1 came in a massive oversized padded envelope and the other 2 came together in a box.  The one in the padded envelope came overnight so probably  from the local BB.  I only have one local store.  

I also just recieved a Zelda amiibo from Japan and it came in a nice white semi-glossy paper bag  like you could expect to recieve at the Apple store or other upper end retail store.  Very cute and high quality bag.  The Amiibo was wrapped in bubble wrap and a piece of cardboard was taped around to help prevent it from getting crushed.  

The Post Office dropped it off on my doorstep like  a gift bag.  Perfectly intact.  I immediatley thought of how many damaged Amiibos I get from BB in the mail and how some of the damaged ones probably come from the store in town.  Yet order one from Japan and perfect condition.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking 2-hand vertical joycon position > 2-hand sideways joycon position.

Try it.

The crappy bumper buttons in Snipper Clips led me to this and I think holding the joycons vertically with 2 hands actually feels better than holding it sideways.  It seems just as comfy if not better and you get to use the real trigger/bumper buttons. 

I swear I'd rather play Snipper Clippers holding the joycon vertical with 2 hands rather than sideways.  Such a pain to rotate in that game with the default control scheme.  I am going to switch the rotate buttons to the button diamond at least.  But they should have a 2-handed vertical joycon control scheme.

I figured I'd get that response.
How do you know stuff at regular price isn't?
You do understand there's a difference between claiming you "...only bought it, bc I assumed it was probably lifted by some employee..." and someone buying something at regular price that was unknowingly stolen, right?

You also gotta give Nintendo props for recognizing their branding failure during the last decade.   Playstation and Xbox both have instantly recognizable, vividly colored, blue and green boxes.  Plain white, plain black, and clear boxes are boring.  They don't create a cohesive bookshelf collection.  Nintendo made a smart decision to transition to strongly colored red boxes for brand name recognition.   Those teal-ish Wii U boxes sure are ugly. 

It may have to do with the number of ammibo ordered? I usually just pre-order the entire wave/set when they become available. So far all have shipped grouped together in a box. If you are ordering only one at a time, that might be why they come in a bubble mailer, or it may depend on the warehouse that is shipping. Just wanted to let people know this is not the case for all amiibo orders.
I ordered 4. All inserted very tightly on the bubble mailer. One had a torn slit on a side. 2 were slightly bent.

Yeah, mine were so forced in the bubble mailer that they were hard to remove as well.

I would go for the store pick-up option, though. At least you get to the see the condition right away, and exchange the amiibo or cancel the order right there.

I'm thinking 2-hand vertical joycon position > 2-hand sideways joycon position.

Try it.

The crappy bumper buttons in Snipper Clips led me to this and I think holding the joycons vertically with 2 hands actually feels better than holding it sideways. It seems just as comfy if not better and you get to use the real trigger/bumper buttons.

I swear I'd rather play Snipper Clippers holding the joycon vertical with 2 hands rather than sideways. Such a pain to rotate in that game with the default control scheme. I am going to switch the rotate buttons to the button diamond at least. But they should have a 2-handed vertical joycon control scheme.
Going to try this out. Seems like a good idea.

I ordered 4. All inserted very tightly on the bubble mailer. One had a torn slit on a side. 2 were slightly bent.
Damn, 4 in a bubble mailer? You should have taken pics be fore you removed them. That may be the worst story I've heard so far in regards to those mailers.

I got some Skylanders for my son during the holidays from BB(they where $1-2 a piece), and they where shipped in a box, but the backs where coming off a few, and others looked pretty beat up, like they where that way before shipping.

I was never a big collector of the Amiibo's, but the few I have, I bought locally where I could see what I was getting, or from Play-Asia, as they have a custom made Amiibo shipping box that is AWESOME! I'm not much of a PA fan anymore, but when it came to Amiibo's, they had their shit together.

Trying to use Amazon.jp to get I am Setsuna and it's telling me it can't ship. I'm in the US down in Texas. Not sure what I'm doing wrong and I've never imported before

I am not sure if you pulled the trigger, but you can still order it from amazon japan. They expect more stock on 3/27. So you can put the order in now and have it ship then. I placed my order Monday. I am excited to have this on the switch.

Sorry to hear about that. I was just trying to give another perspective on my orders. It looks like almost all my orders originate in a warehouse in Kentucky. I guess I have been lucky so far, hopefully that continues.

So frustrated. My wife went to our closest Gamestop and was the first one there. They open and tell her they should be in at 1, but can't hold one or give her a number or anything. Two other people show up after and they're waiting but my wife has to go to work. So basically if you have a job you can't buy a Switch. What a shitty way of doing things.

I am not sure if you pulled the trigger, but you can still order it from amazon japan. They expect more stock on 3/27. So you can put the order in now and have it ship then. I placed my order Monday. I am excited to have this on the switch.

Sorry to hear about that. I was just trying to give another perspective on my orders. It looks like almost all my orders originate in a warehouse in Kentucky. I guess I have been lucky so far, hopefully that continues.
Yeah I bought it. According my prefer it will ship April 4th.

Some of these game prices are crazy. One game is like 9100 yen plus shipping. No idea what game it is

Yeah I bought it. According my prefer it will ship April 4th.

Some of these game prices are crazy. One game is like 9100 yen plus shipping. No idea what game it is

I ordered I Am Setsuna as well. States it will arrive March 31 or April 1. Was debating on just getting it for PS4 for the 60fps, but portability wins in this case. And I probably should've waited to get Setsuna until after beating BotW, but I have a sickness and want every game I'm interested in. Lol

I ordered I Am Setsuna as well. States it will arrive March 31 or April 1. Was debating on just getting it for PS4 for the 60fps, but portability wins in this case. And I probably should've waited to get Setsuna until after beating BotW, but I have a sickness and want every game I'm interested in. Lol
Trying to collect all the games so we'll see how it goes

I am sure everyone is monitoring brickseek, but most of the local wal-marts  from Bluffton, SC to Savannah, GA received a switch restock today. 

A hardware issue that won't be fixed by firmware. Huh, who was it that argued that's the most likely scenario, yet still got posts deleted? Oh, right, me.

The other thing to note is the same guy reporting the fix, which is a tiny piece of foam added to the inside of the joycon, bought a joycon off Amazon before he sent in his joycon for repair and the Amazon one works perfect and  yet doesn't have that piece of foam but is otherwise identical except the circuit board inside had a diff #.

I will probably end up returning my unopened switch to bestbuy after all.  Will avoid this issue altogether and the scratching reports, not worth the $20 profit to resell on ebay, and I'll probably never get around to playing zelda in this decade anyway.  Wake me when Mario hits.

Did you guys see how the new Xbox One controller model costs $70, and it still isn't rechargeable out of the box? Now the people complaining about the Pro controller price have something else to complain about.

(Kinda) figured out a way to see total playtime hours on Switch for those who have wanted that. But be aware that after a certain amount of time instead of giving you an exact number it just gives you a super judgmental estimate.

pft "or more"  :nottalking:

C7tdmv_NVs_AAdk_PT.jpg-large.jpg

bread's done
Back