Nintendo to announce mystery sequel soon

[quote name='yukine']I'm going to guess Pikmin: Wii, as it just makes the most sense to me.

Also, I never played Startropics... should I? :)[/QUOTE]

Pikmin could be really cool on Wii. And yes, you should.

[quote name='frank21_1981']ohhhh i would kill for an updated earthbound[/quote]
QFT, hell just bring over the GBA compilation of 1 & 2 or GBA 3. Do it on the virtual console for 40 bucks. I'll buy 7, I swear.

Reality's Fringe;2585952 said:
I know that the odds of it being another Earthbound are somewhere between winning 4 consecutive jackpots by matching 40 numbers with a range of values between 1 and 47,000, and having repeated anal sex with an all swedish group of models while striking oil on top of a diamond mine, but if it were Earthbound 4 with ALL the previous Earthbounds as a bonus on the disc, with a strategy guide and a retrospective; I would fall to my knees and praise whatever God I could, then sell every other system I have in gratefullness.
while I share your enthusiasm for EB4 (if there ever is such a thing), I might have to look a little more forward to your "swedish model" analogy. That might be quite fun. EB4 would be great too though!

As much as I would love a new Startropics with my whole body (even my peepee,) I know it'll never happen, so my guess is Legend of Stafi 5.

[quote name='yukine']I'm going to guess Pikmin: Wii, as it just makes the most sense to me.

Also, I never played Startropics... should I? :)[/QUOTE]
Yes, Startropics has Zelda inspired dungeons but are 10x better than Zelda 1 & 2 for the NES.

The quote says "famous" series, so I'm saying Pikmin is out. It is a solid franchise that has a cult following but it didn't exactly light the world on fire. I think the safe bet is Kid Icarus. It was famous back in the day, not to mention with Pit in SSB:Brawl they are looking at bringing him back in a big way.

Possibly why we haven't seen KI on the VC yet. A possible tie-in promotion?

[quote name='Corvin']The quote says "famous" series, so I'm saying Pikmin is out. It is a solid franchise that has a cult following but it didn't exactly light the world on fire. I think the safe bet is Kid Icarus. It was famous back in the day, not to mention with Pit in SSB:Brawl they are looking at bringing him back in a big way.

Possibly why we haven't seen KI on the VC yet. A possible tie-in promotion?[/quote]Kid Icarus is due out on the VC in Japan this month, so if that's their plan, they better get cracking.

[quote name='botticus']If the translation is accurate as far as "series" goes, that rules out a lot of one-hit wonders like Kid Icarus. But we'll see. Or this rumor will dry up and we won't see.[/QUOTE]

Not true. There was an Icarus sequel on the Game Boy. Didn't amount to much, but it's enough to technically qualify it as a series. ;)

I think Kid Icarus is ripe for revisiting, as is Punch Out and a new Earthbound or Star Tropics would always be welcome. None seems especially likely, but who knows. More likely would be a Kirby title or the already rumored Animal Crossing sequel.

[quote name='jollydwarf']Let's also not forget about the completely mysterious Super Mario RPG game that appeared as almost an afterthought at E3 and then pretty much returned to Limbo as quickly as it was announced.[/quote]

Are you referring to the new Paper Mario that was announced, as io said?

SMRPG is already a title, another that needs to be on the VC soon.

Also, for the fellow who asked, yes, you must play Star Tropics and Legend of Zoda. Awesome, awesome games. My first NES games aside from Mario.

[quote name='Tybee']Not true. There was an Icarus sequel on the Game Boy. Didn't amount to much, but it's enough to technically qualify it as a series. ;)

I think Kid Icarus is ripe for revisiting, as is Punch Out and a new Earthbound or Star Tropics would always be welcome. None seems especially likely, but who knows. More likely would be a Kirby title or the already rumored Animal Crossing sequel.[/QUOTE]

Although I dont think the Kid Icarus Gameboy game ever saw a release in Japan. Technically a series, but would it be refered to as such in Japan?

[quote name='botticus']Kid Icarus is due out on the VC in Japan this month, so if that's their plan, they better get cracking.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but Nintendo does their own thing in Japan.

Reality's Fringe;2585952 said:
I know that the odds of it being another Earthbound are somewhere between winning 4 consecutive jackpots by matching 40 numbers with a range of values between 1 and 47,000, and having repeated anal sex with an all swedish group of models while striking oil on top of a diamond mine, but if it were Earthbound 4 with ALL the previous Earthbounds as a bonus on the disc, with a strategy guide and a retrospective; I would fall to my knees and praise whatever God I could, then sell every other system I have in gratefullness.

You've officially ruined any possible game announcement for the next 5 years. THANKS.

bread's done
Back