Nintendo UK GM: "Wii will be region-coded"

Uh... that's a pretty big "mistake." Perrin was pretty detailed about it, first party games would be region free, third party were free to do what they wanted. I'll wait for her to retract her statement.

I wouldn't be surprised that online services are region-specific though. Maybe the Euros just don't want that news to get out ;)

This needs to be resolved immediately.

It is a minor, minor thing to worry about, but it still would be nice to know. I definitely want to know if I can get a game immediately instead of waiting some X number of months for a game from Japan, especially if it follows the trend of having English subtitles/voice-overs.

I probably wouldn't have an issue with online games being region specific. The lag and time zones would suck. But I think that could be resolved as well. I mean, isn't the DS worldwide?

If true, Sony should send Nintendo a thank you letter for taking the "how many fucking balls can we drop" spotlight these past few weeks.

[quote name='Doom Gaze']Because Nintendo of Europe is a totally reliable source and they always totally know what's going on.

Seriously, they're idiots.[/QUOTE]
Wow...just wow.

First, for news on the Wii that was bad people would say "Oh insert source here is unreliable and worthless, unless Nintendo says it then its bullshit."

Now its "Oh, Nintendo of Europe is stupid, Only Nintendo of insert country here is smart and knows whats going on"

[quote name='whoknows']Wow...just wow.

First, for news on the Wii that was bad people would say "Oh insert source here is unreliable and worthless, unless Nintendo says it then its bullshit."

Now its "Oh, Nintendo of Europe is stupid, Only Nintendo of insert country here is smart and knows whats going on"[/quote] Well, one of them is wrong. So I will go on the assumption that the good news is the right news until a third voice is heard or one of them recants. Sorry for being an optimist!

objection.jpg

I say we hire Dick Gumshoe to get to the bottom of this.

[quote name='Strell']
objection.jpg

I say we hire Dick Gumshoe to get to the bottom of this.[/quote]
I knew this avatar would be good for some cash at some point.

bread's done
Back