Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector $8.48 at Walmart

lross

CAGiversary!
I recently took a trip to Walmart and found these on sale. Normal price is $36.99. I am not sure if this is a store wide clearance on these items or not but this particular deal was found at the Woodland Hills, CA. Walmart. I have a picture on my phone of the sales tag but don't know how to add it to the post.

Added the picture link to flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22673639@N07/2181342243/

[quote name='lross']I recently took a trip to Walmart and found these on sale. Normal price is $36.99. I am not sure if this is a store wide clearance on these items or not but this particular deal was found at the Woodland Hills, CA. Walmart. I have a picture on my phone of the sales tag but don't know how to add it to the post.[/quote]

I know that Wal-Mart. There's never any parking...

Almost all clearance at Wal-Marts are YMMV. It is extremely rare for a clearance price drop from corporate in electronics. Most if not all Wal-Mart "clearance" prices are done by each store to clear out old stock or things that are deleted off of the mods on the shelf. Corporate Wal-Mart pretty much has the policy that once the item is in stores it is the stores problem to actually get rid of it. I have computer software in my department from 2004.

Can we have a thread with WALMART CLEARANCES and put states there and locations? Theres always threads for walmarts that apply to one walmart outta the 2000 in the us alone..

I think Nintendo has discontinued this product, so it would not surprise me if they will be clearanced at all the walmarts, although like other people mentioned Walmarts are very YMMV.

walmart sucks but i'll buy that wifi for my new wii. maybe i should get two for fun of it. I just hope they don't sell out or not the regular price $36.99.

[quote name='Phantom7']A toysrus I went to had the same price for the usb connector[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that tag looks like a TRU tag, not Walmart.

[quote name='ndcurtis'] Almost all clearance at Wal-Marts are YMMV. It is extremely rare for a clearance price drop from corporate in electronics. Most if not all Wal-Mart "clearance" prices are done by each store to clear out old stock or things that are deleted off of the mods on the shelf. Corporate Wal-Mart pretty much has the policy that once the item is in stores it is the stores problem to actually get rid of it. I have computer software in my department from 2004.[/quote]

One of my WalMarts has a few copies of :ps2:The Bouncer for $39.94

All USB adapters in the Gainesville Florida, Butler Plaza (Target, Bestbuy, Walmart, Gamestop)...sold out.

I saw these clearanced out at both Wal-Marts I go to months ago.

So, it's YMMV... but I think only in the sense of 'when' they get clearanced at yours, not 'if'.

[quote name='slidecage']i got one off switchplanet for 30 stupid pc wont load it right. Seems AMD computers have problems with the softwere.[/QUOTE]

all three of my AMD computers ran it fine thats not the issue.

Richmond Walmarts clearanced these in the Summer. My kids finally picked up a DS, and of course these are now no where to be found.

if I didn't already have one, it would've been nice.
Thing is, it's Vista support (or lack thereof) is still hurting mine...and that's with v1.06 installed. Then again I've had nothing but problems with mine...
That Wi-Fi MAX dongle is on clearence at one of the local wal-marts here. It's a bit more tempting...

This thing sucks ass. It worked well at first for me, but now it's rare if I can actually get the adapter to work. It always says "Unknown Device" when I try to load it, and sometimes when it does work it will randomly disconnect. I would have to give it two thumbs down.

These have been clearanced for awhile now at some walmarts. The one I found that had em for 8.00 eventually went up to 32.99.

These things arent worth 8 bucks, nintendo should issue an apology for making this crap, along with that other thing the DS put out.. the browser or whatever it was that tanked hardcore..

Like others have mentioned, the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector has been discontinued. Also, it doesn't work with Vista even though it had an "update" that supposedly "works with Vista." I bought, and later returned, the Wi-Fi USB Connector for my DS Lite, but figured out that I could connect to my router by manually adjusting the DS Network settings.

I have one of these and it works fine, but I wish I had seen the fact that TRU has them on clearance, first... $33 for that thing was a ripoff, but $9 would have been alright.

As for me, I had one with my old PC, and it didn't work at all, and now it works with my new PC fine, so they're most likely dependant on the product itself, it seems like it has a 50% failure rate.

[quote name='Rozz']It's lame how Nintendo is wireless only.[/QUOTE]

Something about having the DS jacked into a LAN line just seems counter-intuitive. And pretty ugly.

[quote name='Malice']Then what's the alternative? I don't have a wireless router and don't want to get one.[/quote]

I personally prefer a wireless router but I have installed this on 3 different computers and a laptop at other peoples houses and it will work, you just have to be willing to mess with it.

It took me a total of about an hour and a half to get it working on my mom's vista computer and as a generic wireless router instead of just using the included driver.

Nintendo didn't make this, it's exactly the same as one of Buffalo's other products they just tailored the driver to what nintendo wanted.

Follow the link I posted above and it will work fine for you.

If you are one of those who plugs something in and it doesn't work right away so you call it trash instead of fixing the problem then it's probably not right for you.

It's a bit of a hassle and it's not the best solution to wireless connectivity but it's the best you're going to get unless you are willing to cough up the money for a wireless router. You get what you pay for.

bread's done
Back