nintendo wifi usb adapter

will11209

CAGiversary!
i bought the usb wifi adapter to play online with my nintendo DS. when i installed it, i cant stream video/music with from my PC to my xbox 360 or PS3. it just doesnt detect my computer (360 says PC CONNECTION - FAILED and PS3 doesnt display my folders.. doesnt find media servers)

if i uninstall the nintendo wifi adapter then i can access my PC through the 360 and PS3.

what is causing this conflict and how do i fix it?

[quote name='will11209']i bought the usb wifi adapter to play online with my nintendo DS. when i installed it, i cant stream video/music with from my PC to my xbox 360 or PS3. it just doesnt detect my computer (360 says PC CONNECTION - FAILED and PS3 doesnt display my folders.. doesnt find media servers)

if i uninstall the nintendo wifi adapter then i can access my PC through the 360 and PS3.

what is causing this conflict and how do i fix it?[/quote]

It could possibly be the way that the NWFC USB Adapter sets up your computer. More specifically, Internet Connection Sharing. You may have to choose one or the other. Probably more economical to just buy a wireless router or change your security settings on your existing wireless router than go through the hassle.

yeah it messes with the ICS settings. my home network is protected with WPA.. just a hassle to change it to WEP every time i want to play with the DS

yeah it messes with the ICS settings. my home network is protected with WPA.. just a hassle to change it to WEP every time i want to play with the DS

Would it affect me anyway? I have no wifi at all as you would guess. I am connected thru a router and I have nothing else going into or out of my computer.

I thought it would be easier to buy this and just use it when I want to do something that needs wifi for my DS but if its going to be changing something maybe not.

bread's done
Back