Nintendo Wii Console- $80 at Sports Authority

cheapskake

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Sports authority has on clearance a nintendo wii console for $80, B&M. This is the old wii console (white, only has wii sports, no motionplus). May be YMMV, but I asked the employee and he stated that clearance prices should be universal between all stores.

[quote name='Glasscocked']What do you care, are you the deal police now?[/QUOTE]

I am keeping it real instead of bullshitting.

[quote name='DaMonStEr']lol you can buy for $80 and sell for $40 at Gamestop. Nice flip :applause:[/QUOTE]

They do have those $50 bonus offers sometimes.

[quote name='Gavica']yeah, im not going to give them away for free, they gonna have to reimburse me the 80 for each[/QUOTE]

You are not charging taxes to your nephew or friend? You are too kind.

[quote name='Altanis']Oh, I know.

It's just amazing how at SD they pretty much encourage scamming companies. Over here you get lambasted if you even think about it.

Which is a damn good thing.[/QUOTE]

Agreed :)

[quote name='oasisboy']You are not charging taxes to your nephew or friend? You are too kind.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes I think the same

[quote name='Ultragamer']They do have those $50 bonus offers sometimes.[/QUOTE]

It's usually long and far in between though and comes with a drop in trade in. At least that's been my experience working there. I'm just saying if he's looking to flip it for profit, gamestop isn't going to be the place. Even with the a 50 percent, he would only break even.

[quote name='Ultragamer']There's 2 of this store within driving distance according to google maps(never heard of it before now) and this happens right before valentines day too. I'm not sure if I should check or not.[/QUOTE]

^

I was hoping there would be none next to me because I want another Wii and I'm a lazy online shopper.

[quote name='Antipodes']^

I was hoping there would be none next to me because I want another Wii and I'm a lazy online shopper.[/QUOTE]

Luckily I'm in a snow storm right now so I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. Will give me time to decide if I want to go and try or not.

I have me own thoughts about hording that are mostly based on me being selfish and mad when a store is out of stock of something I want. LOL. But some people only do it to take advantage of other people and it makes me sick.

As for Slick Deals, don't the people there realize that they are on what's probably the biggest deal site on the internet? The second something gets posted there, the spot is blown up, and calling a store won't make any difference. Deals that are posted there spread like wildfire in hours. I don't understand the point of being part of a community on a forum if you are just going to ruin their chances of getting something.

Side bar: Years ago I saw a guy in Best Buy with a whole cart of PsOnes (about 15). With my naive mind I thought, "man, those sick kids at the hospital are going to be really happy" but now I realizes he was just a hoarder.

Many people who post on SD also post on CAG, the vast majority of deals on this site are also on slickdeals, and vice versa. There are hoarders here, there and everywhere. People on both sites talk about return "fraud" and there is almost an immediate negative response from other posters on CAG and SD. Just look at that thread and you will see several posts telling him he's scum. I will say the mods on here are far more proactive about deleting any reference to questionable return practices. Still, I don't understand why people on here loath SD as if they are soooo much more immoral and vial than the CAG community. I understand they are your competition for getting a deal, but really, so is the CAG hoarder who gets there first.

[quote name='confoosious']Well to be fair, if a mod here sees a post about fraud, they delete it right away. That type of talk seems to be acceptable there.[/QUOTE]

ya, which I acknowledged in my post. It's immediately deleted around these parts, but it is actually discussed fairly often before being wiped away for all eternity. People react negatively to it on both sites, its just not deleted there. I've found out about lots of non video game related deals on there, especially around christmas time.

[quote name='confoosious']Which leads me to believe the powers to be over there don't care. So fuck em.[/QUOTE]

don't get me wrong, I'd rather give Cheapy his affiliate percentage, he does a great job of personalizing his site in a way that makes you want to help- I have no idea who owns Slickdeals. I just don't really think the people that use the sites are all that different (and in many cases they are probably the same actual posters).

Guh, my Mom really wants a Wii solely to use WiiFit and Just Dance, and this deal really makes me wish there was a Sports Authority nearby. But alas, none near the south Wisconsin area.

Arguing that SD is less ethical than CAG is like arguing that jumping into the ocean makes you wetter than jumping into a lake. The exact same people roam these forums -- resellers, compulsive shoppers, students with only $30 left in their bank accounts asking when retailers actually charge their debit cards. Only difference is that CAG is the videogames/dvd/blu-ray niche.

Half the people on here don't actually know what fraud is anyway. You can get crushed for doing things like hoarding by other CAG's and then those same CAG's will take advantage of coupon or other glitches and thats OK.

The point is that people will bitch unless it's them getting the deal.

[quote name='Wutang_KILLTHEM']Aww thanks, I feel honored.

It's crazy I try to help my friend out and find out information for him from a site that he himself doesn't know about and it's fraud.

Im just ignoring asshats that automatically call fraud on anything for now on. Jesus you white knight douches make this website hell some times.[/QUOTE]

crying-baby-0509-s2-99576567.jpg

I love how quickly all these threads turn to mindless bickering. We should divide CAG up randomly into two conferences the "Them" and "Us". That way we know which side you are on.

[quote name='Wutang_KILLTHEM']Mature. I should know better, im talking to a newbie about things above him.[/QUOTE]

Don't feed the trolls.

Back on topic, I tried the 3 Sports Authoritys in like 20 miles of me yesterday, only one had them, and they sold the last one the day I got there. : ( I guess I will have to wait for my tax refund so I can buy the red bundle @ full MSRP. :/

Edit: I tried my local one to search through inventory in another SportsAuthority, that SD said had more copies, and they put it on hold for me. SUCCESS! The lady @ the store who had it did actually seemed to care enough to look for it for me over the phone, originally said they were out but said it seemed like they had sold 2 but there was a discrepancy and actually looked in the back for it, guess some people in retail are fantastic!

Heading out now, wish me luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='threefiftyzzz']Yay...a cag hoarder lives in my area...now I g2 beat u to all the ymmv deals so u don't snatch em all up...[/QUOTE]

actually, now you have like 10 people "you g2 beat"(including me).

FL is home of the multi buys(i have a couple people i compete with within a few miles of me).

i know im buying the entire stock if i see any(not like it matters, ebay/craigslist/CAG resale is barely worth it. maybe theyll be good trade bait?).

common sense(cry about it).

Several of the locations in Houston have Wii's, but when I ask them on pricing, they tell me $199 instead of the sale price. I even asked if there is a price drop/sale and they either did not know what I was talking about or they would tell me no.

[quote name='Jada225kiss']Several of the locations in Houston have Wii's, but when I ask them on pricing, they tell me $199 instead of the sale price. I even asked if there is a price drop/sale and they either did not know what I was talking about or they would tell me no.[/QUOTE]

It's only for the old version of the wii without motion plus. They also apparently carry the newer sku's.

Back, just picked up my Wii for $80 from Commack (last one). : D A big thank you to the guy on SD who told me there were 5 left yesterday. Now, to see if I can somehow get a red one instead...

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Back, just picked up my Wii for $80 from Commack (last one). : D A big thank you to the guy on SD who told me there were 5 left yesterday. Now, to see if I can somehow get a red one instead...[/QUOTE]

Return fraud is looked down on this site, btw.

[quote name='lowgear26']Half the people on here don't actually know what fraud is anyway. You can get crushed for doing things like hoarding by other CAG's and then those same CAG's will take advantage of coupon or other glitches and thats OK.

The point is that people will bitch unless it's them getting the deal.[/QUOTE]

THIS. Well said. I'm a member of both SD and CAG, and the same people seem to be bitching on both forums about the same thing. So I'll post here what I posted there.

Honestly, I dont care anymore. Why? Because there have been countless deals that I've lost because of the same lurkers and hoarders that got in before me. And guess what, its those same people who are bitching about this deal and that they didn't get any. Turnabout is fair play.

If you didn't take advantage (or are too slow, or don't have a store near you, or can't get out of work, or are too poor.....), TFB, your loss.

By luck I managed to get the last Wii in a SA near Concord, NC. Even the cashier didn't know there was one in stock but the manager quickly corrected me and congratulated me. Haha

Thanks OP! I hope my family will enjoy it.

[quote name='Justin42']Return fraud is looked down on this site, btw.[/QUOTE]

i doubt he could get it since the model is different from ones sold now and the serial number is on all transactions. stores can look up the serial to see if its from there (or so i should let the person believe).

I like this SD quote

Ah crap...got a ticket while on the way to the store.....was planning to get one for my cousin but now I have to get extras to coupe my cost....

No luck at my local Sports Authority. I looked around, but couldn't find any. So I asked the employees (there were three, just sorta standing around doing nothing) up front if they had any of the "clearance wiis" available. One of the employees told me they didn't, so I asked if another store nearby had any available. The same employee gave me a pained expression as if I were asking him to do something extremely difficult. He then asked his co-worker if they had any at the nearby Sports Authority. Without even checking the computer to verify whether or not they were available (which would have taken a couple seconds) they told me the other store didn't have any either. Likely story.:roll:

[quote name='Justin42']Return fraud is looked down on this site, btw.[/QUOTE]
and hypocrisy isnt?

also, thats awesome what that guy said about people bitching about "fraud" and not "glitches"(which technically becomes fraud) that EVERYONE here uses.

(gamestop commits fraud everyday and no one cares. Opened, gutted, USED game sold as "new" anyone?)

[quote name='StripesOrBars']and hypocrisy isnt?

also, thats awesome what that guy said about people bitching about "fraud" and not "glitches"(which technically becomes fraud) that EVERYONE here uses.

(gamestop commits fraud everyday and no one cares. Opened, gutted, USED game sold as "new" anyone?)[/QUOTE]

Just because someone else or some entity commits "fraud" doesnt justify committing the actions yourself nor are these actions condoned.

doesnt justify it?

yes it does(especially when its Game Stop).

were not all christians and have some pseudo morality choices hovering over our heads with every decision we make in our lives.

take advantage of your system glitches all you want when theyre posted. just make sure to continue to bitch about your idea of "fraud"(you fucking hypocrite).

i dont wanna get banned, so im done with this thread.

[quote name='StripesOrBars']and hypocrisy isnt?

(gamestop commits fraud everyday and no one cares. Opened, gutted, USED game sold as "new" anyone?)[/QUOTE]

What glitches are we all taking advantage of? And how does GS's actions relate to CAG?

Just because there is some wrong in the world, doesn't mean it justifies all wrong.

bread's done
Back