Nintendo Wii console discount

johnfoe

CAGiversary!
Yeah, I know that the MSRP is $249.99

but you can always get it cheaper somehow

one way i have in the past was with the ps3 opening a credit card and getting 15% off the first purchase, and using a standard store coupon for $20 any purchases over $200

Well now I am asking you how you may have saved some bucks buying the Wii. I can pretty much get it at any store, major and small, but I don't know about any discounts or incentives to credit card accounts that are out there.

My goal would be to get a Wii for $200 after taxes, which brings me to another thing I haven't done before is open a credit card for an online site perhaps getting 20% off a purchase and bypassing the tax since I don't live in NY.

So in the end I'm not asking for a Wii deal, but more as a deal that isn't made for the Wii that I can apply towards it.

Basically no limits other than it has to be a store of some sort and preferrably brand new. I plan on buying just one and keep in mind shipping costs.

I'm sure someone here has done things as 'cheap' as I have in the past and made out well.

I ended up buying mine for $180 new by buying a 250.00 Edge Card off of Craigslist for that amount. No tax was applied because of the 250 credit.

Anyways if there really was a way to get a Wii for cheaper, I would figure it would have been posted already. Good luck finding a deal for a new Wii, it's gonna be tough.

thats pretty good lol

i have a month or two to get one, but i like to plan ahead

ill have to see what i can dig up myself and post it back here

That Edge card idea is pretty clever, I think that I might have to give 'er a try in the future (so long as the seller has a history of great feedback).

Keep in mind that when you buy it with one of those credit card 15% off deals, odds are you will be like 99% of Americans and just pay the minimum balance each month, and end up paying nearly twice the original amount by the time it's paid off.

Best buy has been sending out 10% off entire purchase coupons here recently. You can get 6 months no interest with a best buy card. That will save you 25 bucks and give you a good amount of time to pay it off with no extra interest.

damn i had something you could have used but its past date. gamestop sent out a card in the mail where you get 20 percent trad
e in bonus towrds the purchase of wii stuff (games , accessories, console).

Nahhhhh...

HUGE YMMV on the Best Buy coupons...

They have TONS of restrictions and Consoles is one of them.

You'd have to get the cashier to manually do it because I'm 99% sure that the computer will not give it to you.

Huge YMMV BUT ...the only way to maybe get $15 off is with the 15 off 100 at Circuit City and hoping that the cashier doesnt notice what the coupon says since at least in FLA the cashiers at CC override things more often than BB at least in my experience.

I don't know if there's a current $40 of $200 coupon for CC, but I was able to use that last year when I picked up my PS3. Bonus, I was able to stack it with a AAA 10% off coupon.

Technically you're not supposed to be able to use the coupons on consoles but they go through automatically and they would only be denied if a CC employee actually read through the coupon. I do not, however, remember whether the stack was automatic or an override.

I used the sony card when I bought mine and got $100 back. I ended up buying some extra accessories so I ended up paying $250 anyways

bread's done
Back