Nintendo Wii U Pro Controller White $21.99 plus taxes

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Check out your local Bestbuy for Wii U Pro Controller (White Only) $21.99.   Black version still $50-ish.  I picked it up $25 few month ago now it drop down $22.  It's good deal if you plan getting Wii U soon :)

my store had them for $19.99 sold out though. i dont have a wii u, but would have picked up a couple at that price for smash bros next year. the store 10 miles away has them in stock for 22.99 though.

I'm tempted to stock up for Smash and Kart, but between my brother and I we have two systems, so two tablets, and two Pro controllers. I know that so far, there is no multi-tablet play enabled, but there was talk of patching it in. I remain skeptical. Nevertheless, we're covered for three players on one machine so far, and I imagine that there will be wiimote, mote+chuk, possibly mote+ccp setups allowed. With all that factored in, I could probably have a good 10+ players covered, unless WM+ was required.

Anyway, I'll bite if they hit 19.99 local, or if the black controller ever hits this price.

Ugh, tempting, but I'd hate to have a white controller with my black hardware.

If anything it'll just remind of how much I wanted the White Wii U instead to begin with.

Ugh, tempting, but I'd hate to have a white controller with my black hardware.

If anything it'll just remind of how much I wanted the White Wii U instead to begin with.
I bought a white one and I am kinda glad. I dunno why, but I am having a new liking for white electronics.

I bought a white one and I am kinda glad. I dunno why, but I am having a new liking for white electronics.
I really, really wanted the White Wii U at launch, but I wanted the extra storage, Nintendoland, and charging cradle, and buying the basic plus those other items separately would have been more expensive than the Deluxe package.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw the Afterglow Pro Controller for $17.99 at my best buy but no White Controller in sight.

YMMV on the Afterglow, obviously.

I was looking for Wii U Pro controllers actually (2), but my stores near me don't have any in stock. Bummer. Doubt anyone would want to help me out and sell 2 to me at the store price (Like $50 for a pair).

Edit: Had a CAG help me out :)

I was able to snatch two for 22 a piece.  very happy with this find.  The GameStop employee tried hard to get me to buy one when I bought my Wii U.  I thought about it but have never really needed it.  Anyone know how this works with Pikmin 3?

Hmm, they're listed as $25 on the Best Buy site...I wonder if they're actually $22 in store.

I might stop by after work tomorrow and see what I find. I might grab one after all, as much as I hate to.

Picked up the 3 at a store 20 minutes away for $22 a piece! Thanks! Now I'm ready for smash bros next year and can do 5 player new super Mario!

I went into my local store and they only had two left but they were marked as open item at $39.99 each. I took them up to an associate and he scanned them in and told me they should be $21.99 but since they were open item he wound up selling them to me for $17.99 each. 

So my store had the Black Pro Controllers tagged at $22.99.  I looked closer and realized that it still said white.  I checked anyway and it rang up at normal price.  Did grab a white one, though.

Thanks OP. Grabbed one for myself and maybe two for another CAG. They were marked clearance at $21.99. Surprised no one grabbed them though the amount of dust on the box would lead me to believe they hadn't been touched since being put on the peg.

What's funny is that apparently there is an open box White Pro Controller for $39.99 (which you can add to cart and choose for store pickup) and yet at the very same store the "clearance" ones (presumably still sealed) are just $23.99 (with no store pickup option).

And no price movement at my closest Best Buy from the other day when I first checked - still $38.99 for clearance ones there.  There is another store that is 25 miles way that has them for $21.99.  If I hadn't already gotten one (for $25 from Amazon) and wanted 2 it might be worth the drive.  But going up there for 1 is not worth it unless I can find other reasons to be in the area (IKEA or something).

Thanks OP!  Just picked up the two white wii u pro controllers at two different best buys (they each only had 1).  Pentagon City and Potomac Mills in case anyone in the DC/NOVA area is looking.

Just want to thank the OP got mine today for $20.99 at the best buy on Eldorado Parkway in Frisco, Texas. For those that are in the North DFW area there are two left at this location. Great deal! 

Great timing on this sale.  Grabbing the Zelda console next week, and since the remake lets you use the pro controller I'm snagging one.  My store has it for 24.99, but still awesome at half price.   :bouncy:

One strange omission on the Wii U Pro controller is the lack of a headset jack. Not sure what Nintendo was thinking. Obvious they don't have online play in mind when designing their hardware.

Kind of a long story, however it has a happy ending.

I looked online for stores around me with any in stock. It showed a price of $35 online as well. I went to a store about 20 mins that said they had them in stock. There was only 1 on the rack and it was marked down to $39.99. I took it and asked an electronics guy to check the price, because of all the awesome reporting you all have done (Thank you!). It came up as $24.99. Not great, but I was happy and said I would take it. I asked if there were any more in stock, as I would like to have at least 2. It showed there was ONE more in stock at the store. After about 10 mins he came back and said that he couldn't find it anywhere.

This is where being nice helps, he went online to check and see what the stock was like for stores in the Portland area. There was some at most stores, however each store had a different price. $34.99 at some, $38.99 at one, $24.99 at others. There was ONE store that had them for $21.99... though it was about an hour drive. The awesome electronics guy, without a second thought told me that he could give me my controller for $21.99 (WOO!) and on top of that, he could reserve / in-store pickup 3 more units at a closer store... AT $21.99 each! The closest store had 3 left. I debated for a minute whether I wanted 2 or 4 total, and ended up just asking nicely if he could order all 3 (with the one I had in hand). Not a problem! He manually overrides the price and loads up the order. 4 for ~$87 and no tax since it's Oregon. I didn't have time to pick up the other 3 today but they are ready for pickup tomorrow or Monday.

I'm very happy with my little Best Buy adventure, and they have been awesome over the past week or so with our new appliance purchases as well. Not sure what kool-aid they're serving over there, but I am digging it. It helps to be nice / friendly to the employees, but I'm extremely impressed with the service and kindness they have displayed to me.

Sorry for the long story, just thought I'd share my positive experience.

This is where being nice helps, he went online to check and see what the stock was like for stores in the Portland area. There was some at most stores, however each store had a different price. $34.99 at some, $38.99 at one, $24.99 at others. There was ONE store that had them for $21.99... though it was about an hour drive.
Wait - so is that why when I was in the store with the $38.99 price Saturday evening the peg was empty where they should have been!? It was YOU! It seemed odd that they would have sold at that price.

That store usually runs B1G1 on clearance so what I was hoping was that they had them priced so much higher than the other stores because they were honoring the B1G1 on accessories too. But they are in the midst of remodeling the gaming section and while I found the regular clearance games (and the peg for the $38.99 controllers) and the B1G1 signage was nowhere to be found (though the games still had the red marks through the price tags which used to indicate they were eligible for the B1G1).

But anyway - yeah, stop raiding my store ;).

Grabbed an open box one from my local store for $25.

It was the only one left in the store, and it was basically brand new, so I wasn't going to argue with that.

Works like a charm.

Against my better judgement, I picked up one of these at my local Best Buy for $24.99.

Easily the most comfortable controller I've ever used, but the white color is killing me. I guess I'll hold onto it until I can find a decent deal on the black model and then I'll sell this one off.

Goodyear, AZ Best Buy has them for 22.99. I bought two but there were at least 4 more.

I just picked up one in Flagstaff Arizona for $21.99, but I had to do one hell of a run around. Their labels are marked for $39.99, I asked a young lady if they could price match and she said they could, but then a black shirt (geek squad?) came out and said No. I had seen Biggie2123's post earlier and I quoted a price of $21.99. He stepped into the back office and asked upper management (who never came out to even give me the time of day). He again said no, this time with a sarcastic grin. He said they don't price match diferent districts and that clearance prices are chosen by each manager seperately. So I was like "fuck this" I called customer service (1 (888) 237-8289) to make a complaint about their refusal to price match. They called the Goodyear store to confirm the price and said I could buy one controller for $21.99. They even made it available for pick up at the Flagstaff store for me. I felt a small sense of victory as I turned in my pick up slip to the same guy that kept telling me they can't price match and he sees that I only payed $21.99.

Thanks!  One of my nearby stores (Federal Way, WA) had 2 new (and dusty!) ones at $20.99 and an open box one.  I was only going to pick up 1, but the wife insisted on two (for Smash Bros), so only the open box one is left.

I just picked up one in Flagstaff Arizona for $21.99, but I had to do one hell of a run around. Their labels are marked for $39.99, I asked a young lady if they could price match and she said they could, but then a black shirt (geek squad?) came out and said No. I had seen Biggie2123's post earlier and I quoted a price of $21.99. He stepped into the back office and asked upper management (who never came out to even give me the time of day). He again said no, this time with a sarcastic grin. He said they don't price match diferent districts and that clearance prices are chosen by each manager seperately. So I was like "fuck this" I called customer service (1 (888) 237-8289) to make a complaint about their refusal to price match. They called the Goodyear store to confirm the price and said I could buy one controller for $21.99. They even made it available for pick up at the Flagstaff store for me. I felt a small sense of victory as I turned in my pick up slip to the same guy that kept telling me they can't price match and he sees that I only payed $21.99.
To be fair they aren't supposed to Price Match clearance items.

Was at the midnight launch for GTA V and picked up two little additions that drew a few stares.

The first was a Wii U Pro controller for $12.49. It was on a clearance end cap which had everything 50% off. On the same end cap (and what drew stares holding it in line) was NBA Baller Beats which was $29.99-50% off. Also spotted a 360 Speed Wheel for $12 after markdown.

These markdowns are likely very YMMV. My store does this to items marked with a black marker about 6 months out of the year.

Oh yeah, and I'm going back tonight. If another CAG wants one I'd ship it for $23 to make up for gas, shipping, tax, packaging, etc. It's the white controller just to clarify.

Was at the midnight launch for GTA V and picked up two little additions that drew a few stares.

The first was a Wii U Pro controller for $12.49. It was on a clearance end cap which had everything 50% off. On the same end cap (and what drew stares holding it in line) was NBA Baller Beats which was $29.99-50% off. Also spotted a 360 Speed Wheel for $12 after markdown.

These markdowns are likely very YMMV. My store does this to items marked with a black marker about 6 months out of the year.

Oh yeah, and I'm going back tonight. If another CAG wants one I'd ship it for $23 to make up for gas, shipping, tax, packaging, etc.
ballin.gif

Best Buy in Levitown had 1 white Pro U for $34.99 "clearanced" so I didn't buy it. Blacks were still $49.99. Went to Target and bought a Wii "Classic pro" for $19.99 instead when I realized we had a lot more games that needed the classic pro than the Wii U Pro. 6 years of Wii ownership and we never had a "Classic", 1 month of Wii U ownership and I have to buy 1. Figures. 

Heh...the Brick one is the one that came up for me. I live in Ohio, but my in-laws are from Toms River, and I forgot that the last time we were there, I had looked for something and the browser still remembered Brick as the closest store.

Thanks OP. Brick NJ has them listed at $35 on the shelf, but online clearance for the store listed them at $25, which is what mine rang up as. Still a few left there.

Called two of my three local Best Buy's earlier this afternoon and asked if they had any of the white ones and if they were on clearance. First two listed them as in-stock but when i called... yeah. called the third and final one. Asked this one. Lady was very nice. I was put on hold.

About 5-7 minutes later she comes back and tells me they do and that they were scanning at $21.99! :D. Had her hold two for me. Went in about two hours later and picked them up.. dusty boxes and all! haha.

Of course, and no surprise, the black Wii U Pro's were scanning at $49.99. Are these being discounted/discontinued because of the white Wii Basic Set being recalled/discontinued?.

Either way i'm happy to get this at such a nice price, less than a year after it's initial release. Perfect timing as (like someone else said earlier) i'm getting my very first Wii U with the new WWHD Deluxe Set! :D.

While i prefer black electronics, if it's glossy it's bound to be a fingerprint magnet, well visible anyway. With the controller being white i won't really notice it. So i'm fine with it being white. Only thing i'm worried about is the top of the analog sticks discoloring over time since the material used for it naturally does this. *Looks at Gamestop's Demo Wii U gamepad*.

One question. I know the Wii U Pro Controller isn't compatible with retail Wii games, WiiWare and Wii VC titles (which really, in all honesty, is quite stupid) but is it compatible with "Wii U VC" games?. You know, the "upgraded" versions of the older Wii VC games?. I'd love to be able to play Super Mario Kart, Mario Kart 64, Super Mario Bros. 1-3, Super Mario World, etc with the Wii U Pro Controller in addition to the Wii U Gamepad! :bouncy:.

Called two of my three local Best Buy's earlier this afternoon and asked if they had any of the white ones and if they were on clearance. First two listed them as in-stock but when i called... yeah. called the third and final one. Asked this one. Lady was very nice. I was put on hold.

About 5-7 minutes later she comes back and tells me they do and that they were scanning at $21.99! :D. Had her hold two for me. Went in about two hours later and picked them up.. dusty boxes and all! haha.

Of course, and no surprise, the black Wii U Pro's were scanning at $49.99. Are these being discounted/discontinued because of the white Wii Basic Set being recalled/discontinued?.

Either way i'm happy to get this at such a nice price, less than a year after it's initial release. Perfect timing as (like someone else said earlier) i'm getting my very first Wii U with the new WWHD Deluxe Set! :D.

While i prefer black electronics, if it's glossy it's bound to be a fingerprint magnet, well visible anyway. With the controller being white i won't really notice it. So i'm fine with it being white. Only thing i'm worried about is the top of the analog sticks discoloring over time since the material used for it naturally does this. *Looks at Gamestop's Demo Wii U gamepad*.

One question. I know the Wii U Pro Controller isn't compatible with retail Wii games, WiiWare and Wii VC titles (which really, in all honesty, is quite stupid) but is it compatible with "Wii U VC" games?. You know, the "upgraded" versions of the older Wii VC games?. I'd love to be able to play Super Mario Kart, Mario Kart 64, Super Mario Bros. 1-3, Super Mario World, etc with the Wii U Pro Controller in addition to the Wii U Gamepad! :bouncy:.
Yeah, it's compatible with Wii U Virtual Console games.

bread's done
Back