Nintendo World Championships 1990 for NES on ebay

[quote name='opportunity777']Where is Elemental Gearbolt Assassin Edition or whatever? I have NEVER seen one of those on eBAY :)[/QUOTE]

I've seen it twice on Ebay. The first was 5 years ago (which I ended up winning for $130) and again a couple years after that but the reserve didn't get met (think high bid was only $100).

[quote name='ItoBandito']Wonder if anyone has made a rom image of any of these. Would be easy to get them on a real NES cart.[/QUOTE]

Besides that being morally wrong, how would you mimic the switches on the outside of the shell?

[quote name='ItoBandito']Wonder if anyone has made a rom image of any of these. Would be easy to get them on a real NES cart.[/QUOTE]

The NWC rom has been dumped. I've got it right now on my PSP. I think all the dip switches do is change the play time, so it's permanently set on the rom.

I know it's "morally wrong" to have this rom on my PSP since I don't own the $5,000 original, but I can live with myself.:p

[quote name='Rig']Besides that being morally wrong, how would you mimic the switches on the outside of the shell?[/QUOTE]
If you have a schematic of the opiginal than you could make a duplicate of the sicuit board, including switches, quite easily.

all the bids got cancelled on the first auction and the guy ended it.........

Prolly struck up a deal off ebay to avoid HEAVY fees.

Hi there - I'm the guy selling that one that's going for $1925 right now ;)

I found this forum on a Google search and figured I'd sign up just for the sake of discussion. I'm shocked as hell that the other guy got $6100 for his, which is why I decided to actually put mine up for sale as well. If anyone has any websites or just wants some pics of the cart for the hell of it - might as well ask me now before it sells.

I've been watching these for a few months and I've seen one go for a little over two grand, I figure if I get that much I'm laughing. We'll see!

Oh - and on the fake comment someone made, I actually had someone email me and request a high-res scan of the PCB inside the cart. I told them I wasn't opening the thing up, but I was amused at the request nonetheless.

Nice site, btw ;)

Cheers!

[quote name='ChoiceStriker']Did anybody actually participate in this competition? I did, when they were doing it as part of the Nintendo Power Fest that toured the country. There was an entry fee to compete, which my mom paid for me - I don't remember exactly how much it was, maybe $5 or $6. I did well on Mario and Tetris, but that damned Rad Racer, which I never played, ate up all my time.

There were also tons of NES and Game Boy games set up to preview - for some reason the ones I remember are Mission: Impossible and Solstice for NES, and TMNT for Game Boy. I also got a Nintendo T-shirt while I was there... as you can imagine it was the highlight of my young life.[/QUOTE]

I went to it as well (I was 10 at the time). All I remember was the Rad Racer was impossible and it was amazing to play Mario on that big of a screen. If any other MI CAGs remember I think it was held in Cobo Hall. I thought it was so cool that I could play games before they came out. I remember Castlevania and TMNT for the GB.

bread's done
Back