Nintendo wouldn't replace/repair my DS with scratched touch screen, any advice?

comapro

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I read about a lot of people getting their DS replaced simply by calling Nintendo and explaining that their touch screen was scratched up using the official Nintendo stylus. Nintendo even sent them a new DS unit first, before they had to return theres. Well a friend of mine was playing WWT and scratched my screen up so I called for a repair/replacement, and the rep said they would charge me $25 because the warranty doesn't cover physical damage to the unit, only manufacturer's defects. I told him the warranty should cover it, and that I heard other people were returning theirs for the same reason, but he wouldn't budge.

Did anyone else encounter this? Is this their new policy? Or should I just keep calling back and trying other reps? If so, any tips on what I should say to successfully get my replacement?

:(

[quote name='comapro']I read about a lot of people getting their DS replaced simply by calling Nintendo and explaining that their touch screen was scratched up using the official Nintendo stylus.
:([/QUOTE]

where did you read that? unless it was a letter from nintendo, i wouldn't believe it. make your friend pay the 25 since he scratched it.

The others had defects on their DS's when they got it. Nintendo just doesn't give out free DS's to anyone who causes any damage to their DS. Make your friend pay for it if you feel you need to have it fixed.

You could just call again and claim a dead pixel. I don't think they even check it really, they just send you a replacement. I wouldn't resort to paying unless my year warrantly was already up.

I sent mine in through the website, this way you send yours in first and then they send you the replacement. Its all free using FedEx's Return Service. I had 2 stuck pixels on the bottom and the top screen was slightly faded, they sent me a new one with a little form that said "couldn't find or replicate the problem stated, replacement issued". So I don't think they looked at it very carefully. Its pretty fast too, I sent out on a Monday and got a new one on Thursday.

^ Did that. I said I had a dead pixel and that the volume distorts at max level (which is true). I sent it in last Monday (18th) and got a new replacement this Wednesday (27th).

To everyone else, I'm sure Nintendo WAS replacing DSs with scratched screens at least into January. The argument was that the touch screen shouldn't be scratched if you use Nintendo's official stylus, unless it was defective. I've read about it on some other forums, which is why I tried it myself.

Anyway I'm happy now :D

[quote name='Kaijufan']Call again and hope you get someone that will let you send in your DS.[/QUOTE]
You should try reading the whole thread, he already got it.

bread's done
Back