Nintendogs - how can you resist these cute puppies?

Somewhere in the middle of the USA they want to pass a law so people can hunt cats, like house cats. So I would think that those people do not want a cute little dog game. :p

It was Wisconsin, and thank god the governor had the good sense to strike it down before it became law. He realized that the state would have been a laughingstock for the rest of the country. Unfortunately it pretty much already is, considering the cat-hunting did pass preliminary legislative bodies.

Of course, I can't throw stones, being from backward-ass Kansas. :roll:

FWIW, the Wisconsin law was to hunt 'stray, feral' cats--which is not like most housecats. I believe the cat also had to not be wearing a collar.

"The proposal defined such cats as those not under the owner's direct control or wandering by themselves without a collar."

Most states require some sort of owner ID or rabies tag to be on the cat, which of course would necessitate a collar. You could probably even count a flea collar.

I'm not necessarily for or against it, I just wanted the idea of the law to be accurate.

I hope everyone who is against this law gives money to no-kill animal shelters, because most government-run animal shelters kill cats and dogs that aren't claimed or adopted, sometimes with a week.

[quote name='ChoiceStriker']It was Wisconsin, and thank god the governor had the good sense to strike it down before it became law. He realized that the state would have been a laughingstock for the rest of the country. Unfortunately it pretty much already is, considering the cat-hunting did pass preliminary legislative bodies.

Of course, I can't throw stones, being from backward-ass Kansas. :roll:[/QUOTE]

I got it worse than you. I was born in Wisconsin and live in South Carolina! I guess they must be tired of shooting deer up there now.

they already have siad that the US version of the game will support more breeds as well as more IN GAME accessories, like afros and sunglasses... awsome....

another cool feature is that if you have this game on in sleep mode and are neer someone else with the game, both systems will start barking at each other. You then can open up your system and hear a recorded message from the other person... even have your dog play tih the other person's dog

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']they already have siad that the US version of the game will support more breeds as well as more IN GAME accessories, like afros and sunglasses... awsome....

another cool feature is that if you have this game on in sleep mode and are neer someone else with the game, both systems will start barking at each other. You then can open up your system and hear a recorded message from the other person... even have your dog play tih the other person's dog[/QUOTE]

hrmm, where did you hear that? I don't remember the latter part.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']The game looks awesome, but the accessories look ugly, especially those skins.[/QUOTE]

if you watch the video diary of the girl (in one of the links in my link in some other link... ?) with nintendogs, hers is even worse... but at least it's her own: a million yellow and pink stikkers!

I like the little plushies. I could see those doing well as part of a marketing campaign (or as a a preorder--but I doubt Nintendo will bother with that since the game will be popular). I think the carrying purses look kind of plain, but, maybe they will work better in Japan.

I can't wait for this game! I wish they would have a few other pets in their as well (not to raise, but just to " meet" along the way)--I'd love to see a puppy react to a kitten!! :)

BrerDan

I actually looking forward to this game quite a bit. I first saw a video of it a couple weeks ago and was immediately caught in its charm.

Next to Animal Crossing DS and Final Fantasy III, this is the game I'm most looking forward to. My son will absolutely love it!

[quote name='dtcarson']FWIW, the Wisconsin law was to hunt 'stray, feral' cats--which is not like most housecats. I believe the cat also had to not be wearing a collar.
[/QUOTE]

How can you tell the difference? The "hunters" aka sickos would be shooting at things that look like house cats. And here's a thought, none of my cats have ever had a collar on them for more than a day. One cat tried to eat it's neck off to get it off. So if I found my cat dead because of some sicko who likes to use cats as target practice I will hunt them down.

On the topic of the game, the game looks great.

Seems to be selling well in Japan.

Here are the first day sales of new titles released in Japan on April 20 - 21.

1. Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song (PS2, Square Enix) - 140,000 units
2. Fire Emblem: Souen no Kiseki (GC, Nintendo) - 90,000 units
3. Nintendogs (NDS, Nintendo) - 80,000 units
4. Baseball Live 2005 (PS2, Namco) - 25,000 units

from what some sites (aka, IGN and Gamespot) say, this game seems to put the DS to its best uses. Both touch and sound affect most of the game... I can't wait for my virtual pug (as opposed to my 15 year old pug... that's 95 in dog years...)

Are any of the minigames about how many dogs you can neuter in 30 seconds, because this could really jump start a career in the veterinary field.

[quote name='BLarR']Are any of the minigames about how many dogs you can nuder in 30 seconds, because this could really jump start a career in the veterinary field.[/QUOTE]

How much nuder can dogs get... they're not wearing anything to begin with. :lol:

Pretty slick editing it before I could quote it properly.

bread's done
Back