Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone per chance have an extra Robin they would be willing to part with?  It's the only amiibo I need and the scalpers on eBay are charging more than double for him.  Hoping someone here can help a CAG'er out.

I'm thinking their strategy will more resemble the Disney Vault - release them with enough on the shelves so that anyone who wants one can get one, but when that time period is over, it will be a while before it comes around again. Of course, these periods will likely be weeks instead of Disney's years, but it will allow them to profit, while at the same time not having a ton of non-moving merchandise on the shelves. LM, CF, and Marth are back on shelves, but previously common Samus, Kirby, and Toon Link are nowhere to be found, nor is Bowser Jr., despite literally half the spaces having been taken up for him at TRU mere weeks ago.
TRU changed the return policy late last year, requiring a drivers license for all returns, even with receipts. They're using a company called the Retail Equation to track returns across a variety of vendors. So scalpers who do a ton of returns will have to get more creative.

Honestly, when they first made me give them a drivers license, I was ticked (and I still don't like it), but hopefully it does cut down on excessive rebuys/returns.

That feel when you literally just imported them from Japan. Whatever....only paid like 4 or 5$ more.

Also, was a pretty strange site seeing Store Exclusives sitting next to Marth's, Little Macs, and Splatoon 3 Packs in huge numbers at Best Buy.

Damn, frustrating as hell but success.  My Best Buy got them in, but only put out Shulk and Dark Pit.  I asked and they said the rest in the back were "Street Dated" for next month on the 20th.  I explained that no, those are restocks of figures that have been out for months on sale all over the country and finally had to pull up Little Mac for the SKU.  Of course he should "Out of Stock" online which she then said they didn't have any.  Finally another yellow shirt guy showed up, typed in the number, saw they had 12 and went back to get me one.  And of course it rang up just fine.

I don't like being like that - retail works sucks, but you know those figures would get just put out randomly when someone finally realized there is actually no street date on them, impossible to predict when.  Where does this whole "Street Dated" old stock idea come from anyways, was it some crossed wires internal memo?

Damn, frustrating as hell but success. My Best Buy got them in, but only put out Shulk and Dark Pit. I asked and they said the rest in the back were "Street Dated" for next month on the 20th. I explained that no, those are restocks of figures that have been out for months on sale all over the country and finally had to pull up Little Mac for the SKU. Of course he should "Out of Stock" online which she then said they didn't have any. Finally another yellow shirt guy showed up, typed in the number, saw they had 12 and went back to get me one. And of course it rang up just fine.

I don't like being like that - retail works sucks, but you know those figures would get just put out randomly when someone finally realized there is actually no street date on them, impossible to predict when. Where does this whole "Street Dated" old stock idea come from anyways, was it some crossed wires internal memo?
Stores do hold items for specific dates or ads. Think of Black Friday and stores having minimum numbers of an item.

Yup. fucking huge numbers too.

Edit: 11/1 is the release date.

VjrNiSu.jpg
Looks like the good ole Newark, DE store will be getting in 240. I would say "holy crap" except that store always gets in huge numbers of amiibo and is probably one of the busiest TRU's in the nation.

Looks like stores in my area got some but not all the restocks today.  Lucario, Fox, and literally a tub full of Falcon at my local store this evening.  Nothing TRU didn't restock last week, though.  Yet, anyway.

Best Buy in Cuyahoga Falls, OH got a load of Amiibo today (Splatoon 3-Pack, Fox, Captain Falcon, Lucario, Greninja, Dark Pit, Little Mac, Olimer, etc). However, the store only had the Splatoon 3-pack on the shelf.  I grabbed that and was about to walk out of the isle when one of the employees called out asking if I was looking for any other Amiibo.  I said I was looking for Greninja, Lucario, and Dark Pit, and he replied they had plenty of them, but they just are not going to be putting them on the floor to cut down on scalpers.  He made it sound like they were limiting the sales to one characters per customer, and were attempting to stretch out how long the stock would last by hiding the restock in the back.  He brought my amiibo out and now I just need Villager, Ike, Lucina, and Robin to complete my collection.

Long story short, if your Best Buy does not have the figures stocked on the floor, ask customer service to check the back for you.

Stores do hold items for specific dates or ads. Think of Black Friday and stores having minimum numbers of an item.
Yes, of course they do. But just this one store? They were the only ones following a corporate directive which no one seemed to be able to reference directly? And Dark Pit and Shulk somehow weren't under this as well? Not likely.

Damn, frustrating as hell but success. My Best Buy got them in, but only put out Shulk and Dark Pit. I asked and they said the rest in the back were "Street Dated" for next month on the 20th. I explained that no, those are restocks of figures that have been out for months on sale all over the country and finally had to pull up Little Mac for the SKU. Of course he should "Out of Stock" online which she then said they didn't have any. Finally another yellow shirt guy showed up, typed in the number, saw they had 12 and went back to get me one. And of course it rang up just fine.

I don't like being like that - retail works sucks, but you know those figures would get just put out randomly when someone finally realized there is actually no street date on them, impossible to predict when. Where does this whole "Street Dated" old stock idea come from anyways, was it some crossed wires internal memo?
People consistently use that phrase without knowing what it means. It drives me crazy too. 1.no actually it's not street dated, 2.yes you can sell them because they have been sold at other places for months, and 3.you don't understand the definition of the phrase you're using. It's infuriating.

Stores do hold items for specific dates or ads. Think of Black Friday and stores having minimum numbers of an item
Everybody understands that and that's not the point. The worker should say "My manager Todd won't let me sell these" or something else that isn't a complete lie. Instead of them making themselves look like an asshole and calling me an asshole by saying "nope it's street dated". It's a sign of incompetence.

Not to mention workers usually get reprimanded in other instances when they won't sell something to paying customers.

I think you guys don't understand that most the people that work at best buy don't keep up with amiibo at all so if they saw something on the box that shows a street date they just know not to put them out.

People consistently use that phrase without knowing what it means. It drives me crazy too. 1.no actually it's not street dated, 2.yes you can sell them because they have been sold at other places for months, and 3.you don't understand the definition of the phrase you're using. It's infuriating.

Everybody understands that and that's not the point. The worker should say "My manager Todd won't let me sell these" or something else that isn't a complete lie. Instead of them making themselves look like an asshole and calling me an asshole by saying "nope it's street dated". It's a sign of incompetence.

Not to mention workers usually get reprimanded in other instances when they won't sell something to paying customers.
Yeah, and I really don't like being "that guy" over a $10 figure while my 6 year old is running around playing with their display balloons. Nothing about what they were saying made sense and if I hadn't pushed the point they would have just forgotten about it. These things are a pain in the ass to find (particularly Little Mac in my area) even when the employees are trying to be helpful.

I seriously asked them if the date they mentioned was 2014 and not 2015, and I think that was what finally got her to thinking and not simply dismissing me.

Wow, my local Best Buy had plenty of Marth, Dark Pit, Fox, as well as some ZSS and Olimar, even though I arrived at the end of the day. Now I just need an NA Palutena, two NA Lucinas, and a Robin, and I'll be caught up with SSB.

Those Skylanders SuperChargers, though...

Best Buy in Cuyahoga Falls, OH got a load of Amiibo today (Splatoon 3-Pack, Fox, Captain Falcon, Lucario, Greninja, Dark Pit, Little Mac, Olimer, etc). However, the store only had the Splatoon 3-pack on the shelf. I grabbed that and was about to walk out of the isle when one of the employees called out asking if I was looking for any other Amiibo. I said I was looking for Greninja, Lucario, and Dark Pit, and he replied they had plenty of them, but they just are not going to be putting them on the floor to cut down on scalpers. He made it sound like they were limiting the sales to one characters per customer, and were attempting to stretch out how long the stock would last by hiding the restock in the back. He brought my amiibo out and now I just need Villager, Ike, Lucina, and Robin to complete my collection.

Long story short, if your Best Buy does not have the figures stocked on the floor, ask customer service to check the back for you.
North Olmsted one did the same. I work at that one. It's much easier to just take all the boxes up front on truck day immediately when they come in instead of organizing and stocking the shelf repeatedly throughout the day.

None at my main store here. Will check tomorrow, I'm buying a Little Mac and a Marth to display in those clear cases and put them by my consoles. I already have all of the amiibos but want some of my favorites displayed nicely. 

Got Marth, Little Mac and Shulk from Best buy thanks to my little cousin buying them. Now to wait for the other amiibo to come in from the mail.

If my hunt today was any indication, Shulk is going to be at least second most common from the list. That was the only one I saw anywhere. No Lucario, no Falcon, no Fox, nothing.

I also heard tale of somebody who's driving from Florida to Maine and back again looking for these, so east-coasters be warned: El Hoardo has gone interstate.

If my hunt today was any indication, Shulk is going to be at least second most common from the list. That was the only one I saw anywhere. No Lucario, no Falcon, no Fox, nothing.

I also heard tale of somebody who's driving from Florida to Maine and back again looking for these, so east-coasters be warned: El Hoardo has gone interstate.
Maybe Im thinking to much into this but wouldnt it be cheaper just to pay a little to import or on ebay than having to pay for gas not to mention other expenses and all the wasted time? Unless this person was making the trip already then it wouldnt be as crazy.

Your right but when you add the fact he might be an in Box NA collector, haves GCU and like you said might be going there anyway it probably feels cheaper to them to make that trip.......importing has spoiled us but thanks to Nintendo I think my last import is gonna be Famicom Rob

The store in Spartanburg, SC got all of the restock figures. I got there around 12:30 and they had 4-5 of each of them. I picked up Lucario, Shulk, Dark Pit and Marth.

On a side note, does anyone know if it is still possible to preorder the Chibi-Robo bundle in store at Gamestop?

^^ you probably mean modern 8-bit right?
You replying to me? No i mean the brown 8 bit mario not the red and blue one.Modern 8 bit is the red and blue 8bit mario. that i do not have as I dont know if it's been made by itself in the US yet. Wasn't it a Wii U bundle exclusive for a time?

Woah! Haven't been on this thread in nearly a week -- looks like crazy restocks everywhere eh? Only thing I'm still missing is Villager -- has he been seen anywhere yet with this set of restocks? (Also need a NIB Lil Mac since he's the only one I got in the mail that came beat up, but since I've already got one, I'm not too stressed about finding a reprint one).

Also, are the Mii Fighters out?!?! I hadn't heard anything about those coming out yet, but see pics here that some are selling them already???

Woah! Haven't been on this thread in nearly a week -- looks like crazy restocks everywhere eh? Only thing I'm still missing is Villager -- has he been seen anywhere yet with this set of restocks? (Also need a NIB Lil Mac since he's the only one I got in the mail that came beat up, but since I've already got one, I'm not too stressed about finding a reprint one).

Also, are the Mii Fighters out?!?! I hadn't heard anything about those coming out yet, but see pics here that some are selling them already???
Little Mac is currently available in store at a lot of Best Buy stores. Villager restock is coming to TRU (in DC) but I think they may be holding them for Wii-U game. I don't think the Mii Fighters are supposed to be out, but some stores have put them out after getting them in early.

Stopped by the Best Buy on Curtner road in San Jose last night and picked up a Marth and Dark Pit. They had some more behind the counter but they were the uncommon ones like Fox and Falcon.

This is a picture I took at my local Best Buy yesterday:

hMJqJEFl.jpg

What restock?

And I heard some rumors of Target getting some Classic Marios in, so I decided to check them out as well.

dqcTpxTl.jpg

Oh for fuck's sake.

This is a picture I took at my local Best Buy yesterday:

hMJqJEFl.jpg

What restock?

And I heard some rumors of Target getting some Classic Marios in, so I decided to check them out as well.

dqcTpxTl.jpg

Oh for fuck's sake.
Gamestop has 8-bit Mario right now.

http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/30th-anniversary-mario-amiibo-figure-classic-color/124730

And FWIW you aren't alone on the restocks, the Best Buy my friend works at isn't getting any at all (as far as she knows, she is going to look into it and confirm for me). I haven't checked the other 2 yet and have no idea what to expect.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back